Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

3.7

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax/Microcristallina Cera/Cire Microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from Sephora and I'm absolutely in love! The coverage is superb, it matched me 100%, was soft, and the price is right! I am definitely going to purchase this soon. I like that it's in a tube and so you can really get your moneys worth by being able to use up all the product. What I love most about this concealer is it multi tasks! It has so many good things for your eyes so it's really healthy and gives you eye cream nutrients while also covering up your dark circles and blemishes. Note: A little goes a LONG way. I didn't need to put much on because it covered everything and spread out so smoothly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like creamy concealers but seem to have bad luck with anything in a compact or a jar going bad waaay before I use it up. The reviews for this are incredibly excellent, so I decided to get some. This is a very thick and creamy concealer that dispenses from a tube, and because a little goes a long way, the tiniest bit covers my entire under eye area. It applies well and doesn't immediately set up, and if needed, a second light layer goes over just as well.
Creaseless? Maybe not 100%, but it stays put over the day, and does fade ever so slightly, like I could afford to reapply a super light layer mid-day. I don't use any type of under eye primer, and I definitely don't set it either (my under eye area is too dry) so I expect a little bit of failure, and the fact it doesn't suck my under eye are dry from any moisture I attempt to put there makes it a great concealer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a favorite for under eyes when I need more coverage that Benefits Erase Paste gives. A little goes a long way and it wont crease if used sparingly and set with powder. I use the light-med neutral for under my eyes and the light-med to conceal in other areas. The light-med is a peachier beige tone whereas the neutral shade is a bit more yellow and good for brightening under my eyes and works better covering my dark circles. This is a thick creamy concealer that blends out well and lasts all day for me in normal conditions but needs a touch up like any other if I'm out wearing sunglasses in the soul sucking heat that we have here in the south. Upfront its pricey but lasts a while since so little product is needed.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The trick to this concealer is to bake it. Apply the concealer and spread it with a damp sponge. I usually apply two layers. Once I have dabbed it in place with my damp sponge, I use Coty loose powder to set it. I wait for about 10 minutes and gently brush the excess powder off and then I put a very light dab of Bare Minerals concealer powder (WellRested). I seal everything with Sephora setting spray. If I feel a little dry, I spray Hard Candy hydrating mist. Prior to all this I make sure to I moisturizer and apply a primer. I do this, and I have no creases! Everything stays in place and it takes a few years off your face because there are no visible fine lines!

I've had this product now for over a year and only wore this once, until now. I live in the UK so I had to get this off Sephora at the time and when it arrived I was livid to see that the tube seemed nearly empty and if heard quite a few reviews about this so I was hesitant about really using it although I tried it, I wasn't blown away by it. So, today having a sort out with my makeup I came across it again and thought i'l try it. Why I haven't been using this regular is beyond me. I have tried nearly all the high end concealers you can get and in my opinion there is only a handful that are really worth spending that much money on them and I've now decided that the Tarte Maracuja Concealer is amongst them. Apart from the fact it is indeed creaseless, it leaves the undereye area so natural looking that it doesn't look like you are wearing a full coverage Concealer at all. The only thing I'm not sure of is that it does feel tacky when it's on so if you prefer more of a matte feel to your concealers then this won't be for you but it does cover nicely and the shade match is spot on considering I just had to make a choice and hope for the best when ordering online so yea it's a very natural looking concealer. I think I would in fact probably wear this when I don't have a tonne of makeup on and going for a more natural look with a BB cream etc Will definitely start using this more now. I left 4 stars as I'm not sure what the staying power is like but if it's not good, I will change it.
I would recommend buying this.

I actually had a high expectation that this would work great but sadly it is not up to my expectation.

It claimed to be ceaseless but it ceases even with a set of powder. I have to reapply a few times as the coverage would start slidding away.
The texture is thick but oily which kind of finishes off with a shine glow. I personally don't like the glow as it made my eyebags looked more obvious. I guess this just don't work with eyebags so it's a no go for me. It would have been a great concealer if it doesn't cease as it claimed.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I went off bcp and started using retin-A, so now I have a face full of zits and peelies for about a week every month. I'm also dehydrated a lot, and have fine lines and dark circles under my eyes. This covers, as they say, a multitude of sins.
I love this concealer because it doesn't accentuate flakes, but covers every last bit of redness or discolouration. I also use it under my eyes and it doesn't settle into lines.
This product is VERY pigmented, so I actually put it on under my base I'm using one. The colour match has to be really spot on otherwise.
If I'm not using a base, I have to warm it up a little and pat it in first to really spread it out before blending. I apply it to just-moisturized skin and I that helps with blending. I think you could apply directly to blemishes after base with a brush, if necessary.
I haven't found a colour match in any of the Nars shades, or any highly pigmented concealers. I also like the easy packaging of this. Fits right in my travel make up kit and can be applied with fingers.
Tarte seems to have a few real standout products, and this is one for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a no for me. I have two samples from Sephora. I tried and wanted to like it. I really tried but it's just not for me after several attempts. The shade light-medium is just too yellow (I'm medium with warm yellow undertone so it's funny that it's too yellow). Despite being very pigmented upon application it didn't last very long on my oily skin. After the first blot I can see my spots already. It's very creamy but with greasy(?) finish. I prefer my concealer matte. I'm going back to my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.

Maybe this could work for someone with normal skin. And this actual creased on me. Maybe I'll keep trying since I got them for free.

I really have dark circles but the consistency of this under my bags are perfect, sometimes it shows creasing but i think i don't put a setting powder after it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Considerable colour range.
Not good for oily skin (Won't last long and creases will show).
Hard to blend due to thickness.

However, the coverage is really nice, but that only lasts for about 30 minutes and then it starts slipping and sliding (even with setting powder).

I wore it just around the house once and it was pretty good but to be fair I wasn't doing much all day.

The next day I went to downtown Toronto on a fairly warm day and it completely melted off me.