Catrice Gel Eye Liner - 010 Black Jack with Jack Black

Catrice Gel Eye Liner - 010 Black Jack with Jack Black
Gel Eye Liner - 010 Black Jack with Jack BlackGel Eye Liner - 010 Black Jack with Jack Black

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not available in USA; available in other countries.
Catrice reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I honestly do not understand how this eyeliner has such a high rating. I bought this product due to so many good thing I've heard about this. To be honest, yes, it is waterproof and longlasting. But gosh, it is so hard to apply. It absolutely does not go on smoothly and most of all, it is not pigmented! When I apply it, it is very patchy. I have to apply it 2 to 3 times before I have a straight, smooth and black line. It costs way too much time to apply it right, even though I have enough experience (~8 years) with eyeliners like this.

However, because of the positive reviews, it might be that I bought a 'defect' (bad) product. Sadly, I won't be trying another one of these.

on 1/25/2015 6:24:00 AM

This is an eyeliner HG. After testing so many liquid liners, eyeliner pens and such, I'm happy I finally tested this one because it's amazing, great texture, great colour, overall love it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

As an Indian girl, I consider myself something of an expert on black eyeliners. Maybelline Colossal? Too dry. Urban Decay Zero? Overrated. Lancome Artliner? Clever but not smudge-friendly. Chambor Dazzle? Fantastic but expensive. The Nyx markers? Short shelf life. Laura Mercier cake? Too much trouble.
Who'd have thought that the blackest, mattest, smoothest, most longwearing, transferproof and value-for-money black eyeliner would be made by the Germans? Catrice gel liner outdoes the Bobbi Brown and Fluidline type formula at a drugstore price.
I use mine with a Kate eyeliner brush for wing tips, tightlining, bold stripes of black, smudged liner, and a base for a smoky eye. Don't be scared of the gel consistency, it easier to control than a sponge tip or a liquid liner and offers more precision than pencil. It's been an easy ride ever since I first dipped into my pot in September 12.
On me, the liner usually lasts a full 10 hours without primer ( but over concealer and setting powder) before it fades. No powdery flaking or peeling, no itching.
And OMG the stuff lasts forever. The pot will go 6 months even if you do a smoky eye every day! And it will be creamy and pliable until the last bit. This is more than one expects from a drugstore brand. I've just bought a backup, I'm all set for the apocalypse now.

on 12/23/2013 3:50:00 PM

Why buy the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner when you've got this?? Its dirt cheap, such a fantastic formula and doesn't dry out easily. Puts all the others to shame tbh, and i've tried ALOT.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ohhh this is one of my favourite products, I use it pretty much everyday! It is a fantastic gel eyeliner, doesn't dry on the pot, very easy to work with, sometimes you do have to do the line twice to get it really black but when it does it has a great color and the best thing is that it's super cheap! Love it!

on 5/25/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I would love to try this product but it is no longer sold online. I live in Massachusetts so if any of you can tell me where I can find this product that would be great!

After reading the reviews and having my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner dry out after 6 months rendering it unusable, I went out to the drugstore and picked this up. For sure as good as BB and considering the price, I don't care if it dries out in half a year. I doubt I'll go back to BB.

on 6/6/2013 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This gel eyeliner is truly amazing! And I have a giant stash of eyeliners, i've tried M.A.C, Bobbi Brown, Maybelline, and many more high-end eyeliners and out of those I still grab this one. It stays on wonderfully and is a rich black colour. I also have the version with gold flecks
in it, and that one also looks wonderfull! People if you have Catrice in your country buy this! It's just as good as mac blacktrack at a fraction of the cost :D And don't forget to store upside down ^^ Makes the product last longer.

on 3/10/2013 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

this gel eyeliner puts all the others to shame. I heard the Maybelline studio one was very similar to Bobbi Brown gel, so I bought it. Then I found this one while randomly browsing the stores and it's perfect. It's so easy to work with, really creamy. I really like it and for the price you can't beat this.

on 5/6/2013 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this to experiment using gel liner - for years I've always just stuck to pencil liners, so I thought I'd buy this to test out coz it was very inexpensive.
Love the effect, I use this with fine angled brow brush and it goes on extremely smooth and is very pigmented. Not too wet, and not too dry either. Lasts all day without any smudges, and the color is still strong 8 hours on. Comes off with eye makeup remover quite easily (pat your cotton pad soaked in remover on your eyelid for a good 30 secs - everything comes off!)