Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Shimmer Pencil

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

I have this pencil in copper and I absolutely LOVE it! It's the only eyeliner I wear during the daytime. It's subtle, brightens my eyes perfectly, and has good staying power. I've had it for a few years and I've still got a couple inches left even though I use it frequently. It doesn't get in my eyes and irritate them like some glittery and shimmery pencils do. I agree with other reviewers who have said that you have to trace several times to get it to show up enough. It's also not the smoothest eyeliner I've ever used and is a little scratchy, but that doesn't bother me. I splurged on an Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in smog to replace it because I'm running low, I haven't been able to find copper in stores, and the color is similar. Even though I use the UD pencil less than a quarter as often, I now have the same amount left! I can't believe the ยข99 pencil is better than the $20 one. I'll definitely be buying this one again.

Pros:
-I came in a makeup set
-Good brand
-Silver

Cons:
-The pencil had to be sharpened
-You had to swipe the liner over and over again in order for it to show up
-I HATED IT! sorry :(

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/24/2012 6:45:00 AM

I have this eyeliner in both black and blue. It is so scratchy to apply it hurt my eyelids to apply it. Not only that, but the black was a very weak, muddy gray color, no where near a nice dark black. Unfortunately, I have to throw them both away and I haven't even tried the navy one yet. I'm serious, it really hurt to apply it. It was scratchy and tugged on my poor eyelids. Too bad, normally I am so happy with the Wet n Wild products.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

HORRIBLE eyeliner. I bought it in blue. It is way too hard so it doesn't go on nicely and there isn't a good color payoff. Plus I think the flecks of glitter irritate my eyes.
I bought it because it was only 93 cents at Wal-Mart and had a nice small packaging with pretty glitter on it. Price and packaging are misleading for this product. I don't recommend it.

on 6/13/2012 1:43:00 PM

After reading the reviews from other posters I thought this was going to be a good buy. Yuck! It is like poking your eye with a stick. It does not go on smooth at all. I basically was tugging my eyelid. I will be returning this item. :(

I love this! I have the copper color. It goes on soooooo smooth and looks gorgeous with any blue eyes! Also the pencil is enormous and it was only 99 cents! Score!

on 2/26/2012 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I love this product! I have it in copper. It's so pretty on my blue eyes, but I can imagine it bringing out any eye color. The staying power is good too. I plan on trying all of the other colors now. I also plan on trying it like the reviewer below me suggested and using it like an eye shadow -- why didn't I think of that!

Update: They had a sale at Rite Aid and they were $.69 each so I bought more. I like the navy one. I never thought I'd like navy eyeliner but I do! The only issue with the navy one is that it drags more than the copper. I'm playing around with using a lighter for that. I got the ice blue one too. It's nice, but it may be a bit too frosty for my taste. The silver is very very frosty and shimmery and I'm not sure I'm crazy about that.

The copper is my favorite. It's beautiful. I also like the navy if I can get it to be creamier with the lighter.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This didnt show up on me at all. I got in the silver color and when I applied it I couldnt see it so that was bad. I dont recommend this in silver at least and I will not repurchase it for sure.

I have three of these that came with holiday kits. I have the black one, the silver one, and the copper one. I like to put them all over my lid and blend with my finger to make them bases for eye shadow. I find these work really well for that!
EDIT: So I continued to use these but then tried Milani Shadow Eyez. The Milani jumbo pencil was so smooth and creamy it put the WnW shimmer pencil to shame! It made me realize just how inferior the WnW pencil is. Much prefer Milani for bases for my eye shadows.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This pencil is AWESOME! It does a fantastic job of bedazzling your eyes. I have this in Copper. Paired with WnW's black creme liner, it really makes my blue eyes, and the black liner itself, pop. The glitter effect is apparent, and the color is quite beautiful. The only gripe I have with this pencil is the texture- if it were a little bit creamier and easier to glide onto your skin, it would be perfect. Other than that, totally worth the dollar or two that I spent on it. I'm all about glimmer pencils now thanks to WnW. All the benefits of a shimmery eyeshadow, but without caking on makeup, without the mess, and with much more precise definition! Go WnW!