Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating CareNormaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

2.7

on 8/6/2013 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not that impressed. My very oily skin was made oilier by this. I had to use the night cream in the day. Gone back to Clinique 3 step.

Texture - Gel-cream, but more toward the heavier side. Doesn't seem to absorb well, it sort of sits on my face and has the 'pilling' effect.

Packaging - I love the pump packaging as its easy to control the amount to dispense and sanitary.

I have been using this product for around 3 years. Bought it cause it purported to fight acne and be hydrating at the same time. To be honest, it did not show any significant results to my skin/acne, but did not cause visible damage either, thus I continued use.

But gradually I have found my usually combination skin to be producing a lot of oil to the extent that I would become oily less than a hour after apply this moisturiser. I also developed a massive, horrible and persistent breakouts. I went to Vichy and bought a hydrating serum but it was still producing so much oil after using both the products.

I thought it was just my skin being crazy and continued using this. Until I looked at the ingredients list and found Alcohol Denat to be one of the top 3 ingredients.
All along I wasn't hydrating myself, but drying my skin out instead. MY breakout was probably due to the overflowing oil my skin was producing in response to all the alcohol I was feeding it.

After just days of switching to a non-alcohol moisturiser, my skin is producing significantly less oil and the redness of my breakouts is getting better. Wouldnt recommend this to other people.

on 1/2/2013 11:19:00 PM

I LOVE it :)! If I had to choose just one product to have for the rest of my life (hope I never have too^^) this would be it!! I've never had a product that changed my skin so much like this one.
Doesn't really control shine for me but I had a lot of small pimples with scaring and redness, and now my skin looks so much clearer and soft, I started noticing results just after 2 weeks and went through 2 bottles and would've gone through more if they hadn't discontinued it -.-
It smells quite fresh, the price is a little expensive but it's worth every cent. The consistancy is a little sticky specially in the fingers after aplying it (and that's my only CON).
I do advise it to everyone with oily/combo skin with imperfections (don't go using it if your skin is dry and clear, PLEASE!!! It's an anti-imperfection treatment and it's not a moisturizer)