Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating CareNormaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

3.4

on 3/5/2015 10:01:00 AM

At first I was amazed how this lightweight cream improved my skin.
Sadly, after about a month my pores started clogging although I hadn't changed anything in my skincare regimen.
I tried using it under foundation but noticed that it was rolling off, so I had to dab the foundation on.
I did not like how greasy it made my skin by the evening, like literally slippery compared to other similar products I have tried.

on 3/21/2013 2:14:00 PM

So far, so good. I've been using this for about 3 weeks to treat adult acne, closed comedones, etc. on my maturing skin. In the last year my skin has been the worst I've ever experienced, and is changing due to age, hormones, oil production levels, etc. The Normaderm is doing a nice job of clearing up and keeping my skin issues under control, although it's very drying. To get around that, I cleanse in the AM, then use an HA serum combined with a few drops of Argan oil. I top it off with the Normadern, then sunscreen. I think the Normadern is working so well right now because my skin isn't used to it yet. I may have to switch things up if/when my skin is accustomed to it and it stops working.

Texture - Gel-cream, but more toward the heavier side. Doesn't seem to absorb well, it sort of sits on my face and has the 'pilling' effect.

Packaging - I love the pump packaging as its easy to control the amount to dispense and sanitary.

I have been using this product for around 3 years. Bought it cause it purported to fight acne and be hydrating at the same time. To be honest, it did not show any significant results to my skin/acne, but did not cause visible damage either, thus I continued use.

But gradually I have found my usually combination skin to be producing a lot of oil to the extent that I would become oily less than a hour after apply this moisturiser. I also developed a massive, horrible and persistent breakouts. I went to Vichy and bought a hydrating serum but it was still producing so much oil after using both the products.

I thought it was just my skin being crazy and continued using this. Until I looked at the ingredients list and found Alcohol Denat to be one of the top 3 ingredients.
All along I wasn't hydrating myself, but drying my skin out instead. MY breakout was probably due to the overflowing oil my skin was producing in response to all the alcohol I was feeding it.

After just days of switching to a non-alcohol moisturiser, my skin is producing significantly less oil and the redness of my breakouts is getting better. Wouldnt recommend this to other people.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just finished my first bottle and it's great! It didn't cause breakouts, it left my skin soft, non greasy, and my skin isn't as oily anymore. I went to buy my 2nd bottle but I don't see it in stores anymore!!!! I only see the anti-acne one with salicylic acid. I hate this!

on 3/17/2012 10:04:00 AM

I have been getting pimples on my neck that are embarrassing and sometimes painful. I have used Retin-A on my face for many years, but I don't want to start using it on my neck. The neck problem has only started in about the last 6 months. Not sure what is causing it. Anyhow, I received some sample tubes of this to try, and I didn't want to use it on my face because I figured it would be too much with the Retin-A. I decided to try it on my neck. I was amazed at how quickly I saw a difference. After the first day of using it, the pimples were greatly reduced. After the third day, all that was left was little red marks where they had been. After about 7-10 days of use, the red marks were gone, along with the marks that had been left on my neck from previous breakouts. I have had no irritation or dryness. I bought a tube once I used up the samples. It is on the pricey side, I will definitely say that. But it lasts quite a while, and it works without irritating me, so it's worth it to me.