Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating CareNormaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

3.3

on 3/5/2015 10:01:00 AM

At first I was amazed how this lightweight cream improved my skin.
Sadly, after about a month my pores started clogging although I hadn't changed anything in my skincare regimen.
I tried using it under foundation but noticed that it was rolling off, so I had to dab the foundation on.
I did not like how greasy it made my skin by the evening, like literally slippery compared to other similar products I have tried.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Does moisturize nicely without looking oily. Feels nice on your skin.. However, I find the product goes very quickly and is over priced for what you get. Using this line helped my skin a LOT at first and then seemed to cause more breakouts after time than I ever had before. I think this line is too harsh for sensitive skin. Since I stopped using the Normaderm line and went with a more gentle approach my skin has almost completely cleared up and looks better then it has in years.. I don't know.. Maybe my face just got used to the product and it stopped working for me.

Texture - Gel-cream, but more toward the heavier side. Doesn't seem to absorb well, it sort of sits on my face and has the 'pilling' effect.

Packaging - I love the pump packaging as its easy to control the amount to dispense and sanitary.

I have been using this product for around 3 years. Bought it cause it purported to fight acne and be hydrating at the same time. To be honest, it did not show any significant results to my skin/acne, but did not cause visible damage either, thus I continued use.

But gradually I have found my usually combination skin to be producing a lot of oil to the extent that I would become oily less than a hour after apply this moisturiser. I also developed a massive, horrible and persistent breakouts. I went to Vichy and bought a hydrating serum but it was still producing so much oil after using both the products.

I thought it was just my skin being crazy and continued using this. Until I looked at the ingredients list and found Alcohol Denat to be one of the top 3 ingredients.
All along I wasn't hydrating myself, but drying my skin out instead. MY breakout was probably due to the overflowing oil my skin was producing in response to all the alcohol I was feeding it.

After just days of switching to a non-alcohol moisturiser, my skin is producing significantly less oil and the redness of my breakouts is getting better. Wouldnt recommend this to other people.

on 12/29/2012 6:08:00 AM

I love this!!!!!

Great moisturizer for my combination skin! Does not dry me out,does not make my face oily!!!

Comes in a very hygienic packaging...

Price is rather expensive... 30ml for SGD 21.60, 50ml for SGD 37.90

If you do the calculation, the smaller tube is slightly cheaper. I have absolutely no idea why Vichy priced it this way. Seems weird to me. To top it off, the SA at Guardian still told me that the bigger tube was more worth it until I calculated in her face. She was dumbfounded. What a joke.

Other than that, its a new product I cannot live without!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just finished my first bottle and it's great! It didn't cause breakouts, it left my skin soft, non greasy, and my skin isn't as oily anymore. I went to buy my 2nd bottle but I don't see it in stores anymore!!!! I only see the anti-acne one with salicylic acid. I hate this!

on 3/21/2012 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product, highly recommend it if you have acne prone or oily skin. It even works great on my sensitive combo skin. The only downside I found is if I apply any foundation afterwords, it tends to cling and if I use a sponge to apply, I end up with streak marks down my face. It's not the foundation because I've used it with other moisturizers to test but other than that, great product but will probably be using it on days where I won't be wearing makeup.

on 10/18/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have been a huge fan of normaderm products since pat 2 yrs and i recently bought this product for day use.i have an extremely oily skin and even after using this products did not fing any reduction in the oilyness or the pore size,but i liked the consistency of the cream and it didnt cause any zits(as i always develop rash after i apply any other product than my regular normaderm range....it is surely work to reduce acne,whiteheads n blackheads...cons-this product does not contain sunscreen and if we apply another sunscreen over this cream its gettin heavier n face is gettin more oily...would buy this product again untill i get a better cream than this and am desperately searching for one.