Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating CareNormaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

3.6

Texture - Gel-cream, but more toward the heavier side. Doesn't seem to absorb well, it sort of sits on my face and has the 'pilling' effect.

Packaging - I love the pump packaging as its easy to control the amount to dispense and sanitary.

I have been using this product for around 3 years. Bought it cause it purported to fight acne and be hydrating at the same time. To be honest, it did not show any significant results to my skin/acne, but did not cause visible damage either, thus I continued use.

But gradually I have found my usually combination skin to be producing a lot of oil to the extent that I would become oily less than a hour after apply this moisturiser. I also developed a massive, horrible and persistent breakouts. I went to Vichy and bought a hydrating serum but it was still producing so much oil after using both the products.

I thought it was just my skin being crazy and continued using this. Until I looked at the ingredients list and found Alcohol Denat to be one of the top 3 ingredients.
All along I wasn't hydrating myself, but drying my skin out instead. MY breakout was probably due to the overflowing oil my skin was producing in response to all the alcohol I was feeding it.

After just days of switching to a non-alcohol moisturiser, my skin is producing significantly less oil and the redness of my breakouts is getting better. Wouldnt recommend this to other people.

on 3/5/2015 10:01:00 AM

At first I was amazed how this lightweight cream improved my skin.
Sadly, after about a month my pores started clogging although I hadn't changed anything in my skincare regimen.
I tried using it under foundation but noticed that it was rolling off, so I had to dab the foundation on.
I did not like how greasy it made my skin by the evening, like literally slippery compared to other similar products I have tried.

on 8/6/2013 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not that impressed. My very oily skin was made oilier by this. I had to use the night cream in the day. Gone back to Clinique 3 step.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was soooo eager to get this product even if it cost a lot. The first week I tried it, it felt so good on my skin. It smelled fresh, it doesn't grease, or look oily. It's the look of matte, but I felt the product working because my face looked soft and not dry at all. I super loved it!!

Two weeks later, I noticed my skin very greasy by midday. I was surprised as my skin, to begin with is not oily at all! In fact, my problem was sometimes, I think it was too dry. By this time, I even bought those oil film strips as I was really greasy, and I couldn't control it with just pressing tissue paper or blotting with powder. A week into that oily face, my skin was breaking out all over!! Not one or two, but like, 5 new pimples on each cheek! I have never broken out like this in my entire life!

I stopped using this altogether and switched to an AHA/BHA regimen. Went back to my La Roche Posay moisturizer. Added sunblock. At the moment, I'm not greasy anymore. I am beginning to treat the blemishes caused by this product.

I guess this is not for dry skin at all. It will dry you out more, thus making your skin produce more sebum = pimple alert!

This is such a waste, I have more than half of the product still.

Well, I have dry acne prone skin and since it is winter it has been brutal. I decided to go to the local store and get a cosmetologist to recommend me a good face product. This is what I was recommended. However, at first I was a bit taken back by the price because it was quite expensive I figured it was worth giving it a try. The first use it felt amazing and my skin looked great after and felt nice and soft. I really did like it. However, I noticed my skin was getting worse, I figured it might have been hormonal ? Didn't think much of it. I noticed I was getting more blackheads around my nose under my eyes and chin than I ever had before. I figured I would try it one more week and figure things out. Nope, Skin just as bad if not worse now have deep under the skin pimples. A little unsatisfied since I recommended to a friend and she had the exact same results and stopped using it as well. I guess salydic acid reacts differently with everyone. I'm assuming this product might work amazing for some and work horribly for others I guess everyone has to just give it a try and see how it goes.

on 4/11/2015 7:54:00 PM

I actually only used 2 sample tubes but it does seem to do what it claims.

It feels a little tingly due to the salicylic acid and it does seem to minimize pores a bit.
Not sure what it does for acne since my samples were to small to see any dramatic changes.
I have rosacea but it made the redness go away temporarily.
The thing I'm not totally crazy about is the fact that it leaves a fine film on my skin but i'm guessing that's the mattifying agent.
It works pretty well as a primer.
I'm considering buying the full size bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Does moisturize nicely without looking oily. Feels nice on your skin.. However, I find the product goes very quickly and is over priced for what you get. Using this line helped my skin a LOT at first and then seemed to cause more breakouts after time than I ever had before. I think this line is too harsh for sensitive skin. Since I stopped using the Normaderm line and went with a more gentle approach my skin has almost completely cleared up and looks better then it has in years.. I don't know.. Maybe my face just got used to the product and it stopped working for me.

on 9/25/2013 9:57:00 AM

This product is mysterious for me. It works perfectly for me within a year , and i've been going through 3 bottles of this. But on my 4th bottle suddenly it gaves me a massive breakouts. I don't know why, it used to work perfectly. I wonder if they change the ingredients. I give 3 lippies because it does helps clean my acne for a certain period, but when my face already clear enough, this product destroy it again.
Or maybe this product shouldn't be use in long run...
Won't recommend you to use this under foundation or BB cream because it will flakey like crayzehhh.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

makes my skin even more oily

on 10/18/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have been a huge fan of normaderm products since pat 2 yrs and i recently bought this product for day use.i have an extremely oily skin and even after using this products did not fing any reduction in the oilyness or the pore size,but i liked the consistency of the cream and it didnt cause any zits(as i always develop rash after i apply any other product than my regular normaderm range....it is surely work to reduce acne,whiteheads n blackheads...cons-this product does not contain sunscreen and if we apply another sunscreen over this cream its gettin heavier n face is gettin more oily...would buy this product again untill i get a better cream than this and am desperately searching for one.