Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating CareNormaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

3.6

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* Product Review - Vichy Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care / Soin Hydrantant Anti-Imperfections Tri-Activ (30 ml tube)
* Claims - Triple performance in a single gel-creme: anti-imperfection hydrating + matting + 24h protection. Ideal for those with imperfections (all ages, male or female). Hydra-peeling technology: a combination of three active peels [salicylic acid, glycolic acid + + LHA] in a complete daily care. Non-comedegenic and suitable for sensitive skin.
* My experience - This was my first foray with an AHA "peeling" product that contains glycolic acid, salicylic acid and LHA, an acid that helps micro-exfoliate the skin. In the beginning, I experienced much redness in my cheeks and irritation. Since I now use it only every other day and only at night, my skin is much happier. My skin has also shown improvement in texture, reduced blemishes and minimize the size of pores.
* Pros - Light texture, lightly scented and a little product goes a long way. Inexpensive and seems to prevent acne as well as heal acne that is currently in process.
* Cons - Not suitable for sensitive or delicate skin as claimed. Might be more suitable for those with serious acne issues.
* Verdict - I would repurchase now that I know how to use it, which is carefully, sparingly and not every day and night.

Texture - Gel-cream, but more toward the heavier side. Doesn't seem to absorb well, it sort of sits on my face and has the 'pilling' effect.

Packaging - I love the pump packaging as its easy to control the amount to dispense and sanitary.

I have been using this product for around 3 years. Bought it cause it purported to fight acne and be hydrating at the same time. To be honest, it did not show any significant results to my skin/acne, but did not cause visible damage either, thus I continued use.

But gradually I have found my usually combination skin to be producing a lot of oil to the extent that I would become oily less than a hour after apply this moisturiser. I also developed a massive, horrible and persistent breakouts. I went to Vichy and bought a hydrating serum but it was still producing so much oil after using both the products.

I thought it was just my skin being crazy and continued using this. Until I looked at the ingredients list and found Alcohol Denat to be one of the top 3 ingredients.
All along I wasn't hydrating myself, but drying my skin out instead. MY breakout was probably due to the overflowing oil my skin was producing in response to all the alcohol I was feeding it.

After just days of switching to a non-alcohol moisturiser, my skin is producing significantly less oil and the redness of my breakouts is getting better. Wouldnt recommend this to other people.

on 3/21/2013 2:14:00 PM

So far, so good. I've been using this for about 3 weeks to treat adult acne, closed comedones, etc. on my maturing skin. In the last year my skin has been the worst I've ever experienced, and is changing due to age, hormones, oil production levels, etc. The Normaderm is doing a nice job of clearing up and keeping my skin issues under control, although it's very drying. To get around that, I cleanse in the AM, then use an HA serum combined with a few drops of Argan oil. I top it off with the Normadern, then sunscreen. I think the Normadern is working so well right now because my skin isn't used to it yet. I may have to switch things up if/when my skin is accustomed to it and it stops working.

absolutely love this product!! I have comb/oily skin and lots of breakouts...have tried my fair share of beauty products as I work in a pharmacy /beauty shop and this really is one of the best products I've used. Lovely texture which is easily absorbed, hydrates skin well, keeps shine at bay all day and is a perfect makeup base!! Since start of use 6wks ago skin is smoother, nearly no pimples at all now and getting more and more comments on my skin!! Love the packaging as its so hygeinic and comes in a tube
...no grubby fingers getting bacteria into a jar! Definitely a must have for anyone who is troubled by the classic oily/comb skin!

on 3/17/2012 10:04:00 AM

I have been getting pimples on my neck that are embarrassing and sometimes painful. I have used Retin-A on my face for many years, but I don't want to start using it on my neck. The neck problem has only started in about the last 6 months. Not sure what is causing it. Anyhow, I received some sample tubes of this to try, and I didn't want to use it on my face because I figured it would be too much with the Retin-A. I decided to try it on my neck. I was amazed at how quickly I saw a difference. After the first day of using it, the pimples were greatly reduced. After the third day, all that was left was little red marks where they had been. After about 7-10 days of use, the red marks were gone, along with the marks that had been left on my neck from previous breakouts. I have had no irritation or dryness. I bought a tube once I used up the samples. It is on the pricey side, I will definitely say that. But it lasts quite a while, and it works without irritating me, so it's worth it to me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this product twice a day. It may be a bit much for those with mild to moderate acne problems. I have quite severe acne and I find the severity of this system works great for me. I use this product in conjuncture with the entire system of cleansers and toner. This product truly is non comedogenic. I have never found that it clogs my pores. It is a thick formula that your skin sucks right in. It never feels greasy which is surprising for a product so luxuriously thick. I find one full pump is more than enough to moisturize my whole face so the tiny package lasts a surprisingly long time. It may be too drying for people with severely polarized combination skin. I have combo skin and I find it a nice balance, although it is a bit too drying in the winter at times. All in all I love this product, and I have yet to find another moisturizer that not only doesn't clog my pores but actually works to clean them out.

on 4/11/2015 7:54:00 PM

I actually only used 2 sample tubes but it does seem to do what it claims.

It feels a little tingly due to the salicylic acid and it does seem to minimize pores a bit.
Not sure what it does for acne since my samples were to small to see any dramatic changes.
I have rosacea but it made the redness go away temporarily.
The thing I'm not totally crazy about is the fact that it leaves a fine film on my skin but i'm guessing that's the mattifying agent.
It works pretty well as a primer.
I'm considering buying the full size bottle.

on 3/5/2015 10:01:00 AM

At first I was amazed how this lightweight cream improved my skin.
Sadly, after about a month my pores started clogging although I hadn't changed anything in my skincare regimen.
I tried using it under foundation but noticed that it was rolling off, so I had to dab the foundation on.
I did not like how greasy it made my skin by the evening, like literally slippery compared to other similar products I have tried.

on 11/10/2014 1:39:00 PM

So far, so good, really good. I have only used this for a week, but my skin looks great--hydrated, clearer in the way salicylic acid refines texture and luminosity IF your skin likes salicylics. If your skin does well with SA, this is a lovely formulation, because it provides oil-free moisture and treatment. The texture is great, and it is neither matte nor shiny...just looks like well-moisturized skin.

I find I need only 1/2 a pump, so be careful when applying. Too much of a good thing can be bad, and I wonder if that has led some users to ding this. Also: don't use it anywhere near your eyes-- it has salicylic acid, and that will sting if it migrates.

No breakouts for my sensitive, rosacea-afflicted skin. Winner! And easy to find, at Target.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Does moisturize nicely without looking oily. Feels nice on your skin.. However, I find the product goes very quickly and is over priced for what you get. Using this line helped my skin a LOT at first and then seemed to cause more breakouts after time than I ever had before. I think this line is too harsh for sensitive skin. Since I stopped using the Normaderm line and went with a more gentle approach my skin has almost completely cleared up and looks better then it has in years.. I don't know.. Maybe my face just got used to the product and it stopped working for me.