Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care
Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating CareNormaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care

3.6

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* Product Review - Vichy Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care / Soin Hydrantant Anti-Imperfections Tri-Activ (30 ml tube)
* Claims - Triple performance in a single gel-creme: anti-imperfection hydrating + matting + 24h protection. Ideal for those with imperfections (all ages, male or female). Hydra-peeling technology: a combination of three active peels [salicylic acid, glycolic acid + + LHA] in a complete daily care. Non-comedegenic and suitable for sensitive skin.
* My experience - This was my first foray with an AHA "peeling" product that contains glycolic acid, salicylic acid and LHA, an acid that helps micro-exfoliate the skin. In the beginning, I experienced much redness in my cheeks and irritation. Since I now use it only every other day and only at night, my skin is much happier. My skin has also shown improvement in texture, reduced blemishes and minimize the size of pores.
* Pros - Light texture, lightly scented and a little product goes a long way. Inexpensive and seems to prevent acne as well as heal acne that is currently in process.
* Cons - Not suitable for sensitive or delicate skin as claimed. Might be more suitable for those with serious acne issues.
* Verdict - I would repurchase now that I know how to use it, which is carefully, sparingly and not every day and night.

on 10/2/2011 7:08:00 AM

It gives no results. I still have blackheads. :(

on 10/18/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have been a huge fan of normaderm products since pat 2 yrs and i recently bought this product for day use.i have an extremely oily skin and even after using this products did not fing any reduction in the oilyness or the pore size,but i liked the consistency of the cream and it didnt cause any zits(as i always develop rash after i apply any other product than my regular normaderm range....it is surely work to reduce acne,whiteheads n blackheads...cons-this product does not contain sunscreen and if we apply another sunscreen over this cream its gettin heavier n face is gettin more oily...would buy this product again untill i get a better cream than this and am desperately searching for one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this product twice a day. It may be a bit much for those with mild to moderate acne problems. I have quite severe acne and I find the severity of this system works great for me. I use this product in conjuncture with the entire system of cleansers and toner. This product truly is non comedogenic. I have never found that it clogs my pores. It is a thick formula that your skin sucks right in. It never feels greasy which is surprising for a product so luxuriously thick. I find one full pump is more than enough to moisturize my whole face so the tiny package lasts a surprisingly long time. It may be too drying for people with severely polarized combination skin. I have combo skin and I find it a nice balance, although it is a bit too drying in the winter at times. All in all I love this product, and I have yet to find another moisturizer that not only doesn't clog my pores but actually works to clean them out.

on 3/17/2012 10:04:00 AM

I have been getting pimples on my neck that are embarrassing and sometimes painful. I have used Retin-A on my face for many years, but I don't want to start using it on my neck. The neck problem has only started in about the last 6 months. Not sure what is causing it. Anyhow, I received some sample tubes of this to try, and I didn't want to use it on my face because I figured it would be too much with the Retin-A. I decided to try it on my neck. I was amazed at how quickly I saw a difference. After the first day of using it, the pimples were greatly reduced. After the third day, all that was left was little red marks where they had been. After about 7-10 days of use, the red marks were gone, along with the marks that had been left on my neck from previous breakouts. I have had no irritation or dryness. I bought a tube once I used up the samples. It is on the pricey side, I will definitely say that. But it lasts quite a while, and it works without irritating me, so it's worth it to me.

on 3/21/2012 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product, highly recommend it if you have acne prone or oily skin. It even works great on my sensitive combo skin. The only downside I found is if I apply any foundation afterwords, it tends to cling and if I use a sponge to apply, I end up with streak marks down my face. It's not the foundation because I've used it with other moisturizers to test but other than that, great product but will probably be using it on days where I won't be wearing makeup.

Well, I have dry acne prone skin and since it is winter it has been brutal. I decided to go to the local store and get a cosmetologist to recommend me a good face product. This is what I was recommended. However, at first I was a bit taken back by the price because it was quite expensive I figured it was worth giving it a try. The first use it felt amazing and my skin looked great after and felt nice and soft. I really did like it. However, I noticed my skin was getting worse, I figured it might have been hormonal ? Didn't think much of it. I noticed I was getting more blackheads around my nose under my eyes and chin than I ever had before. I figured I would try it one more week and figure things out. Nope, Skin just as bad if not worse now have deep under the skin pimples. A little unsatisfied since I recommended to a friend and she had the exact same results and stopped using it as well. I guess salydic acid reacts differently with everyone. I'm assuming this product might work amazing for some and work horribly for others I guess everyone has to just give it a try and see how it goes.

absolutely love this product!! I have comb/oily skin and lots of breakouts...have tried my fair share of beauty products as I work in a pharmacy /beauty shop and this really is one of the best products I've used. Lovely texture which is easily absorbed, hydrates skin well, keeps shine at bay all day and is a perfect makeup base!! Since start of use 6wks ago skin is smoother, nearly no pimples at all now and getting more and more comments on my skin!! Love the packaging as its so hygeinic and comes in a tube
...no grubby fingers getting bacteria into a jar! Definitely a must have for anyone who is troubled by the classic oily/comb skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was soooo eager to get this product even if it cost a lot. The first week I tried it, it felt so good on my skin. It smelled fresh, it doesn't grease, or look oily. It's the look of matte, but I felt the product working because my face looked soft and not dry at all. I super loved it!!

Two weeks later, I noticed my skin very greasy by midday. I was surprised as my skin, to begin with is not oily at all! In fact, my problem was sometimes, I think it was too dry. By this time, I even bought those oil film strips as I was really greasy, and I couldn't control it with just pressing tissue paper or blotting with powder. A week into that oily face, my skin was breaking out all over!! Not one or two, but like, 5 new pimples on each cheek! I have never broken out like this in my entire life!

I stopped using this altogether and switched to an AHA/BHA regimen. Went back to my La Roche Posay moisturizer. Added sunblock. At the moment, I'm not greasy anymore. I am beginning to treat the blemishes caused by this product.

I guess this is not for dry skin at all. It will dry you out more, thus making your skin produce more sebum = pimple alert!

This is such a waste, I have more than half of the product still.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product since 6 weeks and what a difference it has made to my skin!!! Out of the blue, my normally good skin was acting up and was breaking out a lot. And all those acne left scars too. I decided to try out Tri active and I'm so glad I did.
Tru to its claims, my acne settled dow in a week. By the end of two weeks, I was down to just one or two random break outs. And now I have none...yipee :). Of course the scars are still there, fading very slowly, but I know that takes time. It also keeps my skin oil free while at the same time moisturising it well.
I just wish it came with SPF 20 or 30 and that it came in a tube. While this pump bottle is convenient, I can't see how much of the product is left and I'm sure some product at the bottom of the jar will go waste. But other than that, I truly love this product and what its done to my skin :)