Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Deep Pore Cleanser

3.5

Alcohol Denat. Water Sodium PCA Lactic Acid Fragrance Allantoin Sodium Carbonate Amylcnnamal Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Benzoate Cnnamyl Alcohol Citral Coumarin Eugenol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Isoeugenol Limonene Linalool FD&C Red 4(C1 14700), FD&C Yellow 5(C1 19140), FD&C Yellow6 (C1 15985) R10-08

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I used this in the 60s and it was the best product to take camping as I could really clean my face anywhere. Found it again and now I mix it 50/50 with witch hazel to make it milder for my older skin. Still like it and will continue to buy it but use it as a toner now rather than a cleanser. Love how clean I feel after using it.

This is the one skincare product I cannot live without.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I briefly used 10.0.6 back when it came bk in the 90s but I stopped seeing it @ stores I put it out of my mind then an Ulta search showed up they handled 10.0.6 so I was so excited. I ordered the sensitive skin blue cleanser (reminds me of micellar cleanser as it can be used on eye area UNLIKE THIS!), the mattifying moisturizer, 3-in-1 cleansing mask, a mud mask & then was so impressed got daily cleanser, a back up of the moisturizer, PM cream & this. This is my basic skin care. I quit using Clinique 3 step to use this. It all works together so good I got 1 blemish (from being stressed out), it's been a couple of months now but this regimen does not dry out skin. If I feel a dry patch like I will apply a thin layer of Vaseline (sounds weird but Vaseline is eye cream it makes the delicate eye skin like velvet in the morn!). I need take alcohol in this coz I am an oil slick. All those oils don't beget more oils doesn't work for me. I was going to get into BHA/AHA/glycolic/Vit C serums/retinoids, not only expensive but can irritate skin badly. My skin is clear w this cheap toner skincare regimen why fix what ain't broke. I'm 39 but my skin acts prepubescently. I encourage u to try this for brevity sake I won't list reasons why BP sux for skincare & Y I hate most clean&clear evthing cept moisturizer.

I actually love this. It's basically a toner, and it's got a lot of acid and alcohol, which is very apparent by just reading the bottle... knowing it has alcohols and salicylic acid, it's obviously going to burn. The alcohols and acid disinfect the skin and pores from bacteria that causes pimples, and dries them out. I think it smells good, but if your sensitive or don't like fragrance, I wouldn't use this product (or any formulas products). Always follow with a very moisturizing serum or moisturizer, or else your dry skin will cause MORE pimples. It's a great cost effective product if you actually know how to use it, and read the bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let me start by saying that my skin isn't particularly sensitive. I'm absolutely fine with using products, masks etc that stings a little bit. But this product doesn't just sting - it freaking burns. I saw some people talking about the fragrance (some thinking it was nice, some thinking it wasn't, but basically all agreeing that it was strong) but honestly, I just smelled alcohol when I poured this on a cotton pad. Then when I went to swipe it over my skin, I was shocked at the horrendous burning sensation and stench of alcohol. My skin hurt, my eyes watered like crazy, and then and there I vowed to myself to never put my skin through this again. I'm glad I only got a 60ml travel size, because unless some brave soul want to give this a try, it's going in the bin.

Now I like Formula as a brand - I use their pores be pure mask on my t-zone every now and then, I've been using their Get your glow on mask a lot lately and I really enjoy their Wipe your face off makeup removing wipes. That being said, if this had been my first product and introduction to the brand, I'm pretty sure I'd never tried another one of their products again. I rarely get upset about a product, I mostly just shrug and go "well it might work for some, but not for me", but I'm like genuinely appalled at this one. Truly, truly awful. Guys, do your skin a favor and stay away from this. It's basically a punishment to use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for 7 months now, I previous used Benzac (Benzoyl Peroxide 5%) which is EXTREMELY harsh on your skin.
I chose Formula 10.0.6 because it is cruelty free and won't damage my skin like Benzac.
I have quite oily skin in my T Zone and am prone to acne.
This product is more of a toner than a cleanser for me (I also use Formula's Best Face Forward Face Wash). It has a very strong alcohol smell which is a little off putting, and I find the packaging leaks if you travel.
Once applied to the skin it gives you a tingling sensation which I really like, I can feel it working in my pores. I use this morning and night after I cleanse my face, and once during the day to blot my face (and dang it picks up some oil)!

If you use this product how I do, you will find it quite drying. I have rather oily skin, which is why I use it this way. I would recommend as a one step if you have normal skin.

Overall I quite like this product, I am currently on my second bottle and will probably buy a third. The only thing that really puts me off is the smell, it's like you've opened a bottle of vodka. I don't know if that much alcohol is good for your face.

Edit: I am not repurchasing this product. I can't stand the alcohol smell anymore and find it is increasing my oil production. I had to blotch more and more.
This amount of alcohol isn't good for your skin, I no longer recommend this product.
Check my reviews for my replacement.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shocked that So totally clean now costs so much @ Amazon compared to the 70-80's 10-0-6 that came in gallon size at the same price! But, in spite of the inflated price you cannot beat its effectiveness for cleaning your face and minimizing large pores. Even better, I just found
totally clean at Ulta for $5.99 almost 1/2 the price of Amazon....yeah.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't hate this, but its yet to be seen if it actually makes any difference in my skin. Its quite harsh and makes my skin tight after I use it. And again I haven't noticed a drastic difference in my pores. It has a pleasant spice scent.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Too harsh for me and I have normal skin. I think it breaks me out like I get a pimple after I use it because it is so harsh. I used it as a toner but I would stick with witch hazel for an anti acne toner.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Attention! Please, please stay away from this toner , PLEASE! I have never been so dissatisfied with a product as much as I hate this one! When I first decided to buy it I always check on makeupalley to look at the reviews and I was overlooking all the bad reviews and only looking at the good ones So I purchased it at all because I was looking for a new toner I've used the Dickinsons witch hazel before and that was always good to my skin but then I recently stopped using a toner on my face and figured I would go back to it since my skin has been breaking out and I seen on the label of this toner it's for for acne prone skin. So let me tell you I used this for a straight week and I started breaking out so bad it was so unbelievable all of the pimples that I already had on my face were so red and inflamed and then I noticed a whole bunch of whiteheads started to break out under my chin all over i've never had this happen to me ever! I decided to go back on makeupalley and look at the reviews once again for this toner and I seen a couple of users write the same review as I'm writing right now saying how it made them break out so bad and whiteheads all over their face and in my case all over my chin it was so bad this has never happened to me ever. So after using it for a week I stopped and once I stopped the breakouts stopped I can't believe it took me a whole week to figure this out, a whole week of making my skin go through that and now it's been almost a week and a half and my skin isn't back to normal completely but it is getting better. I would not suggest this toner to anyone! Especially if you have sensitive skin or even normal skin. This will dry your face out like no other and the smell is so strong it smells like 100% alcohol every single time I would use this for my face I would have to hold my breath and that should have already been a sign to indicate something but I continue to use it as I would do to any other product just give it time to work but my mistake with this product was giving it too much time to damage my face . Please please stay away! This is going to take some time to get my face even back to normal my acne prone skin was already bad in this town are just made it worse