Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Deep Pore Cleanser

3.4

Alcohol Denat. Water Sodium PCA Lactic Acid Fragrance Allantoin Sodium Carbonate Amylcnnamal Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Benzoate Cnnamyl Alcohol Citral Coumarin Eugenol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Isoeugenol Limonene Linalool FD&C Red 4(C1 14700), FD&C Yellow 5(C1 19140), FD&C Yellow6 (C1 15985) R10-08

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for 7 months now, I previous used Benzac (Benzoyl Peroxide 5%) which is EXTREMELY harsh on your skin.
I chose Formula 10.0.6 because it is cruelty free and won't damage my skin like Benzac.
I have quite oily skin in my T Zone and am prone to acne.
This product is more of a toner than a cleanser for me (I also use Formula's Best Face Forward Face Wash). It has a very strong alcohol smell which is a little off putting, and I find the packaging leaks if you travel.
Once applied to the skin it gives you a tingling sensation which I really like, I can feel it working in my pores. I use this morning and night after I cleanse my face, and once during the day to blot my face (and dang it picks up some oil)!

If you use this product how I do, you will find it quite drying. I have rather oily skin, which is why I use it this way. I would recommend as a one step if you have normal skin.

Overall I quite like this product, I am currently on my second bottle and will probably buy a third. The only thing that really puts me off is the smell, it's like you've opened a bottle of vodka. I don't know if that much alcohol is good for your face.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I briefly used 10.0.6 back when it came bk in the 90s but I stopped seeing it @ stores I put it out of my mind then an Ulta search showed up they handled 10.0.6 so I was so excited. I ordered the sensitive skin blue cleanser (reminds me of micellar cleanser as it can be used on eye area UNLIKE THIS!), the mattifying moisturizer, 3-in-1 cleansing mask, a mud mask & then was so impressed got daily cleanser, a back up of the moisturizer, PM cream & this. This is my basic skin care. I quit using Clinique 3 step to use this. It all works together so good I got 1 blemish (from being stressed out), it's been a couple of months now but this regimen does not dry out skin. If I feel a dry patch like I will apply a thin layer of Vaseline (sounds weird but Vaseline is eye cream it makes the delicate eye skin like velvet in the morn!). I need take alcohol in this coz I am an oil slick. All those oils don't beget more oils doesn't work for me. I was going to get into BHA/AHA/glycolic/Vit C serums/retinoids, not only expensive but can irritate skin badly. My skin is clear w this cheap toner skincare regimen why fix what ain't broke. I'm 39 but my skin acts prepubescently. I encourage u to try this for brevity sake I won't list reasons why BP sux for skincare & Y I hate most clean&clear evthing cept moisturizer.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let me start by saying that my skin isn't particularly sensitive. I'm absolutely fine with using products, masks etc that stings a little bit. But this product doesn't just sting - it freaking burns. I saw some people talking about the fragrance (some thinking it was nice, some thinking it wasn't, but basically all agreeing that it was strong) but honestly, I just smelled alcohol when I poured this on a cotton pad. Then when I went to swipe it over my skin, I was shocked at the horrendous burning sensation and stench of alcohol. My skin hurt, my eyes watered like crazy, and then and there I vowed to myself to never put my skin through this again. I'm glad I only got a 60ml travel size, because unless some brave soul want to give this a try, it's going in the bin.

Now I like Formula as a brand - I use their pores be pure mask on my t-zone every now and then, I've been using their Get your glow on mask a lot lately and I really enjoy their Wipe your face off makeup removing wipes. That being said, if this had been my first product and introduction to the brand, I'm pretty sure I'd never tried another one of their products again. I rarely get upset about a product, I mostly just shrug and go "well it might work for some, but not for me", but I'm like genuinely appalled at this one. Truly, truly awful. Guys, do your skin a favor and stay away from this. It's basically a punishment to use it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't hate this, but its yet to be seen if it actually makes any difference in my skin. Its quite harsh and makes my skin tight after I use it. And again I haven't noticed a drastic difference in my pores. It has a pleasant spice scent.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Attention! Please, please stay away from this toner , PLEASE! I have never been so dissatisfied with a product as much as I hate this one! When I first decided to buy it I always check on makeupalley to look at the reviews and I was overlooking all the bad reviews and only looking at the good ones So I purchased it at all because I was looking for a new toner I've used the Dickinsons witch hazel before and that was always good to my skin but then I recently stopped using a toner on my face and figured I would go back to it since my skin has been breaking out and I seen on the label of this toner it's for for acne prone skin. So let me tell you I used this for a straight week and I started breaking out so bad it was so unbelievable all of the pimples that I already had on my face were so red and inflamed and then I noticed a whole bunch of whiteheads started to break out under my chin all over i've never had this happen to me ever! I decided to go back on makeupalley and look at the reviews once again for this toner and I seen a couple of users write the same review as I'm writing right now saying how it made them break out so bad and whiteheads all over their face and in my case all over my chin it was so bad this has never happened to me ever. So after using it for a week I stopped and once I stopped the breakouts stopped I can't believe it took me a whole week to figure this out, a whole week of making my skin go through that and now it's been almost a week and a half and my skin isn't back to normal completely but it is getting better. I would not suggest this toner to anyone! Especially if you have sensitive skin or even normal skin. This will dry your face out like no other and the smell is so strong it smells like 100% alcohol every single time I would use this for my face I would have to hold my breath and that should have already been a sign to indicate something but I continue to use it as I would do to any other product just give it time to work but my mistake with this product was giving it too much time to damage my face . Please please stay away! This is going to take some time to get my face even back to normal my acne prone skin was already bad in this town are just made it worse

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Too harsh for me and I have normal skin. I think it breaks me out like I get a pimple after I use it because it is so harsh. I used it as a toner but I would stick with witch hazel for an anti acne toner.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shocked that So totally clean now costs so much @ Amazon compared to the 70-80's 10-0-6 that came in gallon size at the same price! But, in spite of the inflated price you cannot beat its effectiveness for cleaning your face and minimizing large pores. Even better, I just found
totally clean at Ulta for $5.99 almost 1/2 the price of Amazon....yeah.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

It's sucks to read reviews and not hear the bad side of things. Before you decide to buy this product, the first ingredient is alcohol and not far from there is fragrance. It doesn't even matter, forget that and pretend you didn't know what was inside. The first experience you get when opening is that sweet perfume smell. I read a few people say they had this experience but the people who liked it seem to not mention this or didn't experience it but I'm sure I'm not the only one. So the biggest problem is that I have to close my eyes when applying because it's so strong and stings your eyes. If it was really good I wouldn't mind doing that but on top of that is that I couldn't breath when applying this because the fragrance was so strong I literally couldn't breath in or my nose would burn of the alcohol ( you know what I'm talking about) this experience is just shocking to think we have to apply this on your skin. I'm sure it's good for some troubled young skin but I can't imagine it doing any good in the long run. Alcohol is known to work for pimples but it's also extremely not great for the skin especially when I can't breath in when applying this. I applied this on my partner (before I even tried it myself) because he has tougher but acne prone skin and the thing he said was the smell he couldn't stand and that it was so strong. I didn't understand him at first because I didn't believe companies would make toners that were that strong for something to apply on the face. I looked at the cotton pad and it was slightly dirty but I don't think this is ever worth using even if he results work. I really never would suggest anyone using this as it's so potent, uncomfortable and not very skin friendly (eyes or nose either) Don't get me wrong, I do like the company but I think they should really look into it and change the formula. I thought it was an old chemist kind of company that used good ingredients for the skin but this just lets me down when I see what they chosen to put in. Fragrance isn't a good thing to add but the amount they choose to add in was disappointing. I think this changed my view on the company and be more cautious of what choose to buy from them especially checking the ingredients first. I trusted that they knew what to put in and that it would be skin friendly which is why I didn't take a second to read the packaging further. I have the most uncomfortable experience using this product even though it leaves my skin feeling cleaner. I try to balance it out by using aloe Vera toner on top but I don't see any good things from the product.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

To be honest, I haven't used this product much because I'm scared of what it could do to my skin. When I first opened the bottle all I could smell was alcohol. Not a good start. On the few occasions I have used it, it made my eyes water. After using it, my skin felt very dry and striped. I would not recommend this toner. I think it is way too harsh for the skin.

I have been using this for about a year now and it has helped my skin so much. I have struggled with acne my whole life and his definitely helps keep new problems from happening. I use it both every morning and night and I can actually feel the toner getting into my pores. Be warned, it sort of stings a little the first few times you use it and it also dried out my skin a little (just a little bit of moisturizer/ gentle lotion helped with that). This is a great product and I will continue to keep purchasing it!