OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner

OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

AMAZING!!!!!! I had a L'oreal nail polish. Only had it for a few days then it became thick, sticky, clumpy and guggly. I only used it twice! It was literally impossible to get a smooth stroke. Then I bought this thinner despite the price. I put in 2-3 drops, I thought it didn't work. I was scared if I put in too much it became streaky as the colour was sheer baby pink (Marie Antoinette). But I decided to put in some more (about 6-8 drops or more) as I had nothing to lose. Then the magic happened! It was like new again!! I also put some on the brush too. No streakiness either. Very happy with this purchase!

on 5/4/2016 4:11:00 PM

I LOVE this thinner. I find thick polishes too difficult to work with. So I always have this ready to go. The dropper top makes this invaluable since I don't have to use a separate dropper, which would start to break down after numerous uses. I usually put two drops in, shake, apply the polish to one nail, and then possibly add 1 more drop of thinner (I never use more than 3 drops). I use this thinner because the ingredients are most compatible with the 3 free and 5 free indies that I use. If you're reading this review and use nail polish remover to thin your polishes, please stop! It will ruin your polishes. Invest in a good quality thinner like this one. You won't regret it.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/10/2015 2:19:00 AM

I love this thinner. Perfect for extending the life of glitters as well as older polishes, great for helping me preserve polishes, basecoats and topcoats. I've had mine for over a year, have thinner many products and I'm still only half way through. Definitely value for money.

on 10/3/2012 4:57:00 PM

I really dislike this thinner. A couple of reasons. First of all, I put a few drops into a bottle of polish & give it a shake, the consistency is great, but before I can do both hands, I need to add more. This is my main complaint.

The other thing is that while the dropper bottle top is handy for tidy use, mine has evaporated quite a lot over the 2 years I've had it. As in, over half has disappeared due to evaporation. I keep it in a drawer with my polishes & the drawer just reeks of np thinner.

I won't buy again. Am going to try the Sally's one next.

on 5/5/2012 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great for thinning polishes and I *LOVE* the dropper bottle. I've had one bottle for 6 or 7 years and I polish my nails about 3 times a week so I use this fairly often. For me Seche Restore is the HG of polish thinners so I have to give this one a 4.

on 4/9/2012 9:28:00 PM

Bought this yesterday, hoping it could thin out my Seche Vite Fast Dry Top coat. It worked so well for my other polishes like my crackle/shatter ones but not for my SV. Maybe it's true that only Seche Restore can thin out SV Fast Dry Topcoat. Anyone here can confirm that? But this product works AMAZING (one exception only) but kinda overpriced at where I'm at. May repurchase but want to also try out Seche Restore and compare.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I brought this awhile ago to help extend the life of some of my older polishes that were starting to get a bit gloopy. This is much better than adding nail polish remover (acetone) to thickened polishes since it doesn't change the finish and colour of the original formula. I usually add two-three drops (depending on how thick the polish moves in the bottle) and give it a good shake. Let it settle and test it out to see how it applies. If needed, I will add a drop or two more. It really all depends on the individual polishes/brands since they vary from one another. I have also read that it could help the application of streakier polishes too, but I have yet to try that one out. Overall, I am pretty happy with this product. It's a bit pricey, but it has helped to extend the life of my favourite polishes. :)

Popular Treatments