Helena Rubinstein Extravagant Mascara

Helena Rubinstein Extravagant Mascara

4.1

on 11/21/2010 7:53:00 AM

I don't know why this mascara got bad reviews.... For me it's perfect! this mascara give you separating curling volume and length in best way. especially length! When I try it at first time it makes my lashes SO long that they touched my brows! OMG! I couldn't believe it! I got tons of compliments about my lashes & girls asked me which mascara I use. So this one is on of the best. I must say that HR mascaras all great & I also love CD mascaras

on 10/30/2004 5:23:00 AM

if you are patient enough to slowly layer your lashes over and over again..effects are great!absolutely love this product to bits! but its very pricely on the high side though...

That sucks so bad! I was all excited about this and then I went to look at who owns HR and it's Loreal and they test on animals! Oh well! Yet another company to add to my (will never buy from list)To find what other companies do & do not test on anmals go to Peta.org to find their extensive do and do not test list.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was curious about HR mascaras and after reading the reviews here at MUA I decided to go with Exravagant in Wow!Black. And my lashes are just that, extravagant with no clumping. But, I had to take a lippie away because I still have a little flaking, not much but its still there...

on 7/14/2003 2:55:00 PM

The biggest gripe I have about mascara (and I always buy waterproof) is that they all smear, smudge and flake on me, resulting in the dreaded racoon eyes. But this one is different. I road tested this when there was a heat wave in San Francisco and to my relief and delight, it did not budge ALL day! It also lengthens AND thickens my lashes PLUS it keeps them relatively soft. Sound too good to be true? Well, this formula still has some minor, negative qualities. It has a tendency to clump but a quality lash comb solves that problem. It's also a little difficult to remove but with a little experimentation, I found that jojoba oil easily takes it off. If you're looking long, dark, soft lashes that stay put, I would HIGHLY recommend this!!

on 1/26/2003 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is now my second favorite mascara after Lancome Amplicils. I love full, thick lashes and HR Extravagant definitely gives me them.

The only reason I still like my Amplicils better is that my lashes feel soft when I use it, but feel a little crunchy when I use Extravagant.

All in all, a great product that separates and thickens my lashes. continued >>

on 1/24/2003 1:33:00 AM

Wonderful! It makes my lashes look really long and full. I only use it on the upper lashes though, and only on special occasions (I find it too heavy for the lower lashes and daily wear, for that I use the Vertiginous mascara.) Recommended :)

on 1/19/2003 8:22:00 AM

I've been hearing a lot about HR mascaras (the SA rather smugly told me, "We're KNOWN for our mascaras."), so thought I'd try out this one. I got WOW! Black. It does almost everything it promises - separates, adds beautiful volume, and doesn't flake, smudge or smear. The only thing it doesn't do - curl. It made my lashes droopy after I curled them (drat!). Still, this is a very good mascara. UPDATE February 2004: I've converted my HG ranking to another mascara ... YSL Faux Cils - in comparison, Extravagant is not as thickening or lengthening. And, now it's hard to find - the only place it appears to be in Canada is Montreal at Les Ailes de la Mode.

on 1/10/2003 3:50:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite mascara when I'm going out or when I wear no other makeup. It's really dramatic but in a good way. I just curl my lashes first, swoosh it on and wow. My stick straight lashes come alive! It even holds the curl all day. No smudging. This is a great product that does what it says, which is always a treat.

on 10/11/2002 6:22:00 PM

As a former Magnificils user, I found this stuff better in so many ways - it doesn't smudge as easily and is even more dramatic. I did brush it out between coats, but it looks great.