The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain

The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain
TBS LoveGloss & StainLip & Cheek StainLip & Cheek Stain

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol, Red 33.

on 12/28/2016 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this in Deep Berry and Dusty Rose. The formulas appear different between these two. In the Dusty Rose, the color is very similar to a natural pink lip color. I have added some of the Deep Berry to darken the color slightly. The price is around $15 but you can get deals at the store to help reduce the cost. It is not a liquid as others have mentioned. The issues I have between the Dusty Rose are that the Dusty Rose leaves a white residue after drying. I have to re-moisten my lips to make it go away. That does not happen with the Deep Berry however withe Deep Berry I do get some bleeding into my lines. I have tried to line the outer lip with a pencil hoping that helps. It does not last through a meal but can last several hours if not drinking or eating. I would probably not repurchase. I also would not recommend the Dusty Rose as it does not add enough color and with the other issues, just not worth the cost. If I can get the bleeding issues resolved, I would consider purchasing the Deep Berry (which is more of a bright red color).

on 12/9/2016 12:54:00 PM

I use the original shade 01 stain. It is basically a much more affordable version of Benetint lip and cheek stain. The main reason why I use this is because it enhances the natural colour of my lips but still allows me to enjoy kissing my husband without the stress of getting gunk all over his face. For this reason alone I will keep repurchasing!! Oh, and you can keep applying loads and it still looks really nice and doesn't stain!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this lip stain, it is the just flushed natural kind of pink that all lip stains wish they were. I adore this product and have been faithfully using it for more than a year. If you ever stop making it...I will cry big crocodile tears. Have re-purchased 3 X already and just stocked up on the buy 3 get 3, most coveted item in my beauty arsenal

on 8/15/2016 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have this in 026 Bright Peony. It's a pretty good cheek and lip stain, although I've only used it on the lips. Very easy and quick to apply, dries down after a minute or two. The new formulation is great, very pigmented and has some moisture, it only starts to dry my lips out very lightly after an hour or 2. The price is also decent compared to some of the other stuff out there I got it for $24 (in Australia).

If I don't eat it will stay on for about 4-5 hours, but if I eat it removes most of the product immediately leaving only a very faint stain. However it does reapply fairly well - no streakiness. Also it doesn't bleed or feather at all and doesn't need a lip liner.
I found that there is a bit of transfer/crumbling onto cups etc. but if I blotted it with a tissue a couple of times after applying and drying the product, it was mostly fine.

Main con would be that there was a very limited colour range, really wish there was more to choose from as it was mostly bright pinks and reds. That being said I want to try a red one next.

In looking for a dupe for benetint (for lips) that doesn't cost $40 CAD, I gave this a try for around $10. The color (Deep Berry) is great and the effect is exactly what I like in a stain, very subtle and brightens your complexion without looking or feeling like you're wearing any lip product. I took two lippies off though because the product just isn't as liquid as benetint... Its more of a goop, and too much product is on the applicator. So when you apply a little bit to your lips and press them together, the product just goops up on the edges of your lips rather than spreading evenly. You have to take your finger or a separate brush to spread the product out for an even layer. The problem with that is it's a stain... It stays on my fingertip through hours until I am able to scrub it off. Also, it doesn't last that long on lips. While I do drink a lot of water and it doesn't transfer to the glass, it still wears off in about 4 hours.

I really don't think benetint is worth it for the amount of product you get and the hefty price, so I will keep trying different substitutes. This one is probably fine if you aren't bothered by the messy application, but personally, I'll keep searching.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I search for some reviews to convince myself to buy this product or not, cuz my mom told me to buy nyx lip matte than buy this.
But, after I found some reviews and bcs Im so curious with this product, then I bought this yay. And............ luckily, this product amaze me *except its price*
I really like its red color with some blink blink, even when I apply it when it still wet or after a bit dry.
It has a long stick and it really helps me to apply the lipstain on my lips. But, I never apply it on my cheek till now, bcs I have sensitive cheek and it blush easily, so Im afrai it'll make my cheek overly-red
So, if you like half-lipgloss-half-lipstick product, yet you dont want them both, you should try this. And theres 2 color options, pink-purple and red. I never try the pink-purple on bcs Im in love with the red one.

on 7/16/2015 4:24:00 AM

Although the packaging is kinda meh , I'm in tint heaven ! It looks so great on my lips and the vibrant colour just brightens up my pale complexion !

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product! I hate putting lipstick everyday or having to fix every now and then. This lipstain saved me! I put around 2-3 coats to get an amazing red-natural colour and i use a clear lip balm over it and i'm done! It lasts sooo long and even when it fades it doesn't look bad. Only thing is.. be sure to exfoliate before using it because it doesn't look good on chaped lips.

I love this lip and cheek stain! I only use this on my lips, I have not applied on my cheeks as I prefer to use a powder blush. I love the appearance of this lip stain, it doesn't look obnoxious. It lasts quite a while roughly 4 or so hours before I have to re apply. I would definatley recommend this lip stain. I love it and I have purchased this 2 times, as my first one ran out so quickly, I was obsessed with it. It's easy to apply, which is why I love it. Especially in a rush.

on 4/18/2014 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

INTRO:
Oh boy, do I LOVE a good stain. I'm a big fan of natural looking make up. Pink lips, defined brows, lashes groomed with clear mascara. That, my friends is my everyday make up look. Now, lipstick never seems to look right on my lips. Perhaps it's just me, but they just never sit right. This frustration eventually led me to this little gem: The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain. I have this in the shade Rose Pink. It looks red in the tube, but leaves a beautiful berry stain. I do not use it as a cheek stain, though. So, my 5 lippies are for it beautifully doing it's job as my loyal HG lip product. :) Now, onto what everyone REALLY cares about, haha! All the important details of the product are also cleverly enlisted below within the pros and cons by yours truly, heh. Hope this is helpful!

PROS:
-The stain is not sticky whatsoever.
-It sets right into your lips after a few minutes without leaving a sheen or any kind of texture. It has a watery texture at first, but that disappears as it sinks in.
-Adheres very well to the lips (looks extremely natural).
-Has great staying power. Stays fresh for at least 4 hours before fading occurs.
-Works on slightly pigmented lips too, like mine.
-Can be built up to any desired pigmentation.
-The doe-foot applicator aids easy application.

CONS:
-Runs out quickly. Henceforth, the $14 price tag's a little too much.
-Can not be used as a cheek stain as it splotches. Takes a lot for it to actually blend and look good. This is a marketed as a lip and cheek stain. Even though I don't use it as a cheek stain, I thought I'd let you guys know.

WHO SHOULD BUY THIS?
-Someone who's looking for a natural looking stain
-Someone who does not also want it to to double as a cheek stain.
-Someone who's work environment is not appropriate for the use of lipgloss/lipstick.

CONCLUSION:
Bottom line, I think this is one of the best stains I've ever used. Invest in this, especially if the cons don't bother you. They certainly don't bother me! This is an HG for me. I'll definitely buy it again, and if you're still wary about this product after my review, feel free to PM me in case you have any further questions.

Cheers!