Maybelline New Instant Age Rewind Foundation

4.1

Octinoxate (7.5%), Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (PVP Crosspolymer), Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), May Contain ( /-):, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

It's pretty great. I never write reviews, but this product deserves one. Totally covers everything, not too heavy, really blends in naturally.

Only downside is it doesn't stay on all day (wears off after about 3 hours actually) but it's easy to reapply and setting with a spray or powder helps it a bit too. Definitely not full day, but I'd say max around 5 hours (and that's generous).

That being said, it really is a great foundation.

I bought this foundation by mistake, i was looking for the concealer. It sat in my stash for almost a year, unopened, untouched. When i finally got intrigued to open it and mess with it, i was turned off by the packaging, sponge tip(just like the concealer).

But once applied and buffed out, it looked pretty good. Luminous, sheer finish. Very lightweight, and i'll repeat, VERY SHEER coverage. Didn't cake up or settle. I set it with my WnW RYC powder to keep the luminous finish.

You dont get alot of product though and i feel like the packaging makes you go threw it even faster.

For my needs, i like this foundation. I think it would be a nice summer foundation.

To Read all 140 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought it a week ago because I've heard a lot of good things about this product but I personally don't find it that great on me.

Consistency is good, I can get why this is popular as a concealer. There's a very strong silicone feeling upon application and blending (well, predictable given the ingredients). The packaging though, I'm ok with it but it's indeed not so hygenic and it might annoys somes. How easy it gets dirty honestly annoys me. Very probable that the sponge included absorbs a lot of product. As for the fragrance, it's not strong.

When testing a sample of the product in the shop, the colour I got (sand) looked pretty yellow-toned but when I tried it on my face at home, it actually seems to have much more pink undertones and it doesn't suit my skin (the neck shows it) tone.

Price seems okay but I think it's relatively expensive for the amount in the bottle.

Hence I'm not using it and will not be using it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect for under eye concealer. This is a very light concealer, it feels like you're wearing nothing. I love the sponge applicator, its very soft, but sometimes I accidentally twist it once-twice too much because you can't predict/tell how much product will come out. The coverage is not that bad, atleast for under eye area. Sometimes I use it to highlight my nose too, but the shade that I have (Light) is too bright for my forehead. But unfortunately, I guess this will run out pretty fast. A little does NOT go a long way. I love the bottle and the applicator, but the formula is not perfect. In my home country, Maybelline does not sell these on the counter so I have to buy it from someone else that buy it directly from the US for (the cheapest price that I've come across so far) $12. For the price, I'd rather buy and try something else.

UPDATE: I wrote the review above after using it twice, but now I've used it more than 5 times I realized that it STINGS LIKE CRAZY if I don't use my primer/moisturizer. I read articles and review online that many people felt the same when using this on their under eye area. DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

I actually intended to get the Age Rewind concealer because it's such a talked about product online. Accidentally purchased this and was so frustrated the first couple times I used this until I realized my mistake.

As a foundation, it's actually quite nice. It sits very nicely on my skin and doesn't feel heavy. I also really appreciated how I looked a few hours after applying it - very natural looking without any caking. It is sheer with build-able medium coverage so it's not going to be outstanding at covering blemishes and acne, but I personally don't mind as I think it makes my skin look more natural if I have a few visible marks.

My only caveat is that it's actually quite expensive for a drugstore foundation. You receive 0.68 oz of product and an average foundation at Sephora will give you an average of 1 - 1.7 oz of product. If you do the math it doesn't actually come out to be that much cheaper than a few other products there.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the feeling of this foundation. So light on the skin, never caked up on me no matter how much I layered on and never settled into any lines. And no matter how many layers I put on, I couldn't get coverage. I have light freckles that most foundations cover, but this doesn't! It's so sheer which I wasn't expecting. I also thought I wouldn't mind the packaging but I can't stand it. The sponge on it soaks up so much foundation and the bottle it more then half empty and I've only used it about 7 times.

This foundation is fairly light but can be built up to a light-medium. Don't expect this foundation to conceal your pimples and redness. The texture and consistency is so light that it literally feels like your skin.

I love this foundation, along with all the other maybelline foundations. This one is so easy to blend out into the skin making application so fast, it literally melts into the skin with one swipe making it great for moms on the go constantly............it looks super natural on the skin too, it gives me a really nice medium coverage and doesn't accentuate my fine line which long wearing foundations tend to do..............it has a really nice finish too, i would say this has a satin finish and the fit me has more of a glowy finish, i love them both though.
I always buy high-end foundations thinking I will find the perfect one but for some reason I love my maybelline foundations and concealers more.............
just fyi, my high-end pick would be the giorgio armani luminous silk

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Don't get me wrong I like this foundation, but it's not my new HG. There some pros and cons that you should know before purchasing this foundation
Pros:
- When applied it has a weightless feel to it and it doesn't cling to dry patches on the skin
- It's not that expensive for the amount your getting and are able to use each time

Cons:
- It blends out into nothing meaning that the coverage is very sheer (so if you have acne and blemishes this properly isn't for you) and it's not able to build up coverage with multiple layers.
- The packaging might not be convenient for some (doesn't bother med that much) because of the unwashable spongeapplicator (if can't live with that this properly isn't for you)

I only use this foundation when I don't have any breakouts and I only want to even out my skin tone, because that's about the only thing this fluoridation is good for.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just okay for me. I'm not impressed with the coverage. It is very sheer and not buildable. It does blend well and makes me look like I have nicer skin, but it really doesn't cover a thing. The color is a spot on match for me, so I do really like that. I am someone who prefers at least medium coverage, even on my "no makeup" days, so this just won't work for me. I find it hard to spend money on foundation that literally disappears on my skin. I could just wear a moisturizer and powder over that if that's the look I was going for. So to sum up:

Pros -
Excellent color match for my yellow undertones
Weightless feel
Inexpensive
Doesn't cling to dry patches on my skin

Cons -
It blends out into nothing
Coverage is too sheer
Packaging is not convenient
Not able to build up coverage with multiple layers