3.6

$44.00 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

4 years ago

I really don't like the packaging of this as I find it can be hard to get product out of the squeezy tube when there's not much left. The shade range us impressive but you can tell you have makeup on as it does cling to dry patches and to baby hairs.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I got the shade SB6 based on their chart which matches SB to other foundations that you currently use. i am an nc25 from mac. So i went to the counter and got the SB6 without trying it on my skin, needless to say that was a big mistake and it was too light for me. As for the product itself,the foundation looks natural, its not cakey, it has a build-able coverage. but it is quite expensive.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Very thick foundation with a matt finish. So it can be a bit "fake faced" if not applying carefully. Also it covers my skin in the way that I hardly feel my skin can breath.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

4 years ago

I am so in love with this foundation. Beautiful finish, buildable, huge colour range, no SPF, which is great if you are using it on photo shoots, I can only recommend it.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I usual struggle to find foundations that I like, in fact I don't think I've ever been happy with a foundation until now. I have normal to dry skin which is really sensative and red at times (convinced I have rosacea), and I also have freckles. I usually pile on my makeup to try and cover them but since I've bought this I've embraced the freckliness that is my face (finally). This is because the coverage is amazing so I don't need to build much but it still leaves some of my freckles showing through, it's really natural looking and has a gorgeous finish (not too matte and can be dewy with a nice strobe cream underneath). I am not crazy on the price as the bottle is quite small but it seems to be lasting me well so far. It's durable and usually gets me through my 8 hour shift but sometimes needs touching up, I would definitely recommend a primer under as well, my favourite is smashbox. I'd definitely repurchase and 100% recommend! There is literally a shade for every skin tone/type.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I was never as excited about foundation as when I first bought this product. It was highly recommended by make-up artists both online and offline AND it had a shade that matched my skin color (that almost never happens - a frustration every pale girl with warm undertones will understand) so I was eager to see this praised product work magic on my face. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me at all. At first I thought that maybe it didn't match well with my moisturizer or primer, so I experimented and gave it a few more chances, even using it with Illamasqua's own primer, but it just never looked good on me at all. It didn't last, it actually fell apart after a few hours, becoming cakey and making my face look tired. It made every line and wrinkle more visible, it was like seeing what I'll look like once I'm an old lady. Also, the texture of this foundation is complicated - it's not one of those liquid products that are easy to apply. The only thing that worked for me was the shade - it matched my skin better than anything else I ever used. Other than that, it looked awful. Bottom line: I urge you to try a sample/use a tester to see how it looks on your face before spending money on it. It's too expensive to buy if you're going to throw it away like I did.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

The only good things about this foundation were the colours (only foundation that's matched me) and the fact that a small amount goes a long way. It has a greasy finish, clings to dry patches and looks caky, pretty bad staying power and not the greatest coverage either. Cost me $50 in Australia so there's no way I'd purchase again

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

In love. There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be a longstanding favourite for me. It is very expensive, I bought it online from the UK but they did do free shipping. Its so worth it. I bought 02, I don't think I'd ever really appreciated before that I've always been using a shade too dark and too orange. 02 is almost white with a hint of pink. I have pale Scottish skin which never tans, ruddy cheeks, dry in the winter with a shiny nose and forehead and largish pores on the cheeks. I am now addicted to embracing my paleness! It's so fresh and youthful looking! Underneath I've been using Nivea moisturiser in the dark blue tub (it's winter in Canada), along with Lise Watier face primer. Honestly I don't think the primer is really necessary. I have used it with a powder just to make sure it lasts and also without. The powder is not really necessary unless you want to ensure staying power for long work days. It goes on sooo smoothly, you only need a small pea sized drop. At first it seems a ghostly white but then I sheer it out and oh my, it just leaves the nicest, smoothest finish I've ever had. What I love about it is that it dries to a non powdery finish, just a little satin, as if you've just moisturised but without any stickiness. It's so hard to explain, but it looks as if you are wearing no foundation while calming the redness, leaving total natural smoothness. I don't think it would be great for a big cover up if that's what you're looking for. But if you want a really nice polished, fresh, natural, super smooth look, then I highly recommend this one. I've looked in the mirror in all lights, even that icy bright grey winter light outside, the most unflattering light you can get, and it still looks beautiful. Like nothing at all but glowing and fresh. I think it's the pore minimising properties which is making me so happy. Or is it the lack of stickiness? Is it the perfect pale skin colour match? I don't know I just love it...LOVE IT!!

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Kinky, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I bought this foundation while I was shopping in Sydney, and knowing that Perth does not carry this brand, I had to try it. Firstly, I love that the colour range is so extensive. The salesperson was very nice in helping me choose my perfect shade. For the record, I am a NC30, and the foundation they marched me to the shade 8.5. The foundation is really easy to apply, and left a slightly dewy finish. I wouldn't say this looks like my skin, but it does look pretty decent. No problems with breakouts whatsoever. I have oily skin, so I hoped that for the price point, I'd get some oil control. But like other foundations I've tried, this, too, was a let down in that department. I had it on for about 4 hours and I'd look like a greaseball. Prior to that, I would be starting to look quite shiny as well, even with powder ! Note that I am in a rather humid climate when I actively used it (in KL); so maybe that's why. But still, for what you pay, you'd expect to have something better. But anyway, is a decent foundation. Does not look cakey, lasts a good amount of time on the skin, does not look like skin either, and meh at oil control. I wouldn't repurchase.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I bought this foundation in shade 2 as I have VERY pale skin. The first time I wore this foundation was as a sample that I got to try at selfridges and I got so many compliments saying my skin looked flawless so I decided to buy it! A LOT more expensive than other foundations at £32.50 so I expected big things. It was great at first but after a while I noticed it was just sitting on my skin and came off on my fingers when I touched my face. When it was warm it would melt off my face and become really patchy so that's when i decided to stop using it! It may be good on others but it just wasn't for me in the end, so I wouldn't buy it again. Also the packaging seemed like it would be really awkward if you were to make it to the last part as it was really hard to squeeze out compared to other foundations! It wasn't the worst thing I've ever tried but it definitely wasn't the best either.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool