Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Illuminizer

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Illuminizer

4.2

De-ionized Water**, Glycerin**, Tricaprylin, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Steareth-20, Dimethicone**, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil**, Sodium Hydroxide. May Also Contain - Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)**, Iron Oxides (CI 77491**, CI 77492, CI 77499)**, Carmine (CI 75470)**, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake(CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate**, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate**. *Organic **Natural

Great product and has a beautiful finish on the skin! If you have medium or darker skin tones, this highlighter will look gorgeous as it leaves a lovely golden sheen on the skin.

The only thing that I would recommend when using this product, is that it is quite thick and applies better when mixed in with a moisturiser or foundation, otherwise when applied on top of foundation it removes it a bit.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I started off with a sample and immediately picked up the full size. I love to mix in one pump with my foundation to make my skin really glowy looking. An amazing highlighter for all skin tones. For reference I wear the shades: Nars- Cadiz, or Cuba; Too Faced- Mocha, Makeup forever- 173 Amber.

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

I won't purchase again simply because the bottle has been REDUCED BY HALF BUT STILL SOLD FOE BASICALLY THE SAME PRICE.

I love using a bit of this with my moisturizer, NOT shiny, glittery, or oily looking

on 1/8/2016 11:31:00 AM

I looked online for the best highlighter/illuminizer and this was the top of the list. I love argan oil so that was a plus too, it's in the product! This has the best effect of highlighting if you are looking at creams. I love applying this and then adding a powdered highlighter over it for that strobing/glow look. My complaint is the packaging, I try to pump it SO slow and yet so much product comes out in one pump. Such a waste, I normally wash off about 45% of the product (I apply the product on the back of my hand before applying to my face)...

on 12/9/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the glow it gives. I usually mix it with the moisturizer or primer and then put my mac powder over it. It gives off a nice subtle glow!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I received this as part of a gift set of various Josie Maran products last year around Christmas. I was pretty reluctant to use this as I was afraid of the sparkle. However, I really like this product. I do not use it as a stand-alone highlighter, rather, I take the smallest drop and mix it in with my facial moisturizer. It gives my skin a beautiful glow and "wakes me up" on those mornings when I look like I could use another 3 hours of sleep - and do not feel like wearing a full-face of makeup. I only use a little drop at a time, so this has lasted me a long time.

on 8/6/2015 8:44:00 AM

I think that this is an overpriced illuminator that gets its hype based on the "organic" title, when really it is hardly organic. Since its launch, it has shrunk in size (from 1 fl. oz. to .5 fl. oz.) and the price per ounce has increased. There have been many complaints about the new bottle and product being left at the bottom as well. I think there are better illuminators out there (Mary Lou-Manizer and ELF's studio powder) for a better price.

See ingredients below:
Water**, Glycerin**, Tricaprylin, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid**, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Steareth-20, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil**, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum**, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica (Ci 77019)**, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)**, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)**, Narcissus Poeticus (Narcissus) Extract**, Lilium Candidum (Madonna Lily) Bulb Extract**.

on 8/5/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this illuminiser!
First of all the amount of product you get for the price is awesome and it lasts a long time, I'm still on my 1st bottle after almost a year, a little bit goes a long way and I wear it at the tops of my cheek bones and on my brow bone and it gives me a gorgeous glow! The colour looks pinky in the bottle but when blended its a lovely natural glow.

Just as a warning don't use this over powder foundation or over a heavy setting powder, it will look cakey and make the illumaniser seem pearly or white in colour. Also I have found the best way to apply is to dab it with my fingers and then blend it with my beauty blender. The one negative is that when I use this on the tip of my nose it sinks into my pores and doesn't look very nice.

When I can wear a highlighter on a sunny day without the risk of looking glittery, oily or unnatural I know I've got a great product. When Chantecaille discontinued their highlighter sticks that were out of this world I thought nothing could be as good. This highlighter comes pretty darn close. It leaves a beautiful sheen on the skin with a hint of warmth that seems to meld rather than sit on the skin. A bottle will last eons so this is a winner all round.

on 5/25/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product but it was a total failure. First the pump is useless. Second i tried it on my cheeks and the consistency of it is hard to spread (clumped) instead of going on seemingless and smooth too thick! Third i tried mixing in my foundation and applied it with a beauty blender and you can see the illuminizer clumps. It is too thick.