Jamaican Black Castor Oil

100% Castor Oil

on 8/14/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

My intention for writing this review is for the ladies or men over 65 that have suddenly realised that they have loss of hair (due to ageing) as in my case. I had lots of hair throughout my life and over the past 2/3 years started to notice parts of my scalp noticeable through my hair. Never did I think that this would be a problem for me as I aged.
Seriously I was in shock.
I tried a couple of products with moderate results however all seemed to plaetu after a time and then stopped working.
After a lot of research I purchase -Sunny Isle Extra Black Jamaican Castor Oil- I noted that the extra black was the stronger and truly I had no time to waste on any trial
This to the best of my knowledge is not available in Australia so found a Ebay Store in the U.K.
and had them send it. Postage almost equal to cost of Oil and with our exchange rate the cost of product was double. Did not care! I had read enough on Amazon that this was very highly rated and I had started to panic as you could see pink scalp amongst thin waving white hair.
I could not help think that the hair was surrending to the inevitable.
I have been using the oil for approx 8/10 weeks - I apply it every day using an squeeze bottle with a nozzle I do not skimp with the oil and as I build up more applications of the oil into the hair and massage I put on a foil cap and then a scarf. I leave in on and wash out ever couple of days.
I use a cover of an old tee shirt over my pillow case for the night.

YES - It is Messy - Sticky - Gooey

Results

I have new growth of hair around my hairline which I did not realise had recessed so much from around my forehead.

I have regrowth of hair that had been lost

MY HAIR IS NOW REGROWING DARK NOT WHITE

MY only regret is how long it has taken of me to find this product and how I could have avoided the distress that this issue has caused me had I known.

I personally use this strictly on my lashes and my hair line. Not because its not good but purely because that's where I feel it benefits me in my opinion.

For lashes: I apply on my lashes with a cotton bud (Q Tip for my US readers.)

For my hair: I use heated up along with my deep conditioner.

I must stress I have extremely thick coarse Indian hair, I would not recommend this or the majority of the oil based products for the more European textured hair types as this will make your hair feel very sticky and greasy. My hair personally absorbs a lot of oils etc.

The smell is different but to be real not everything that's good for you is going to be perfumed, adapted and played with appreciate nature at it's finest and make a conscious effort to use it at times where it won't be noticed by anyone outside of the home.

I think this is great, it works wanders for me and I believe its a great home remedy. Be open minded some of the reviews seemed very ignorant in my opinion. Give everything a fair shot before negatively reviewing. We all come here to seek advice and tips. Let's not ridicule or defame natural ingredients from mother nature when those comments could really put someone off of a product that could solve their concern.

Thanks for reading everyone, stay beautiful. xoxo

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/2/2016 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've used the Shea Moisture JBCO and apply it with an angled eyeliner brush to my lashline. I love how thick it is! It easily dispenses and loads onto the brush - no drips anywhere - there's a nutty, smoky aroma but it becomes less obvious once it's on.
It's only been a few days of nightly application but my lashline looks fuller, blacker - as if I had smudged on some kohl! There aren't really any gaps in my lashes either. One thing though is that I've definitely had more eye crusties in the morning and my lashes, though more lush, do feel dry...

All in all, this is great for lash thickening!

on 6/15/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

It is my second bottle of sunny isle JBCO and It has helped grow my edges. The result is more gradual than miraculous though! Still growing baby hairs around my hairline but no longer bald like obvious alopecia. It is heavy and quite thick in consistency so i sometimes mix with coconut or avocado oil to thin out the consistency a bit.
I found out the skin care effect in firming my breasts after weaning my baby. The smell is not so sweet so i used it at night most times.

on 5/2/2016 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely incredible, grew back the lost hair on the hairline quickly and also made the rest of my hair super thick. I have to mix this with coconut oil though, otherwise it is too thick alone. I use these two oils for a scalp massage, as well as distributing them throughout the rest of the hair until everything is coated and then leave it overnight with my hair wrapped in a t-shirt so that it really soaks in.

I don't normally write reviews on products but after searching the internet many Times for remedies for regrowing my eyebrows. As a young teenager I plucked my eyebrows so thin and they have never grown back to what they once were, so I was pretty desperate. I've been allowing them to grow back naturally for a few months now, a very slow process, so I purchased some Jamaican black castor oil from Amazon, the sunny isle brand and have been massaging it into my eyebrows every night for the past two weeks and already little baby hairs are sprouting in areas there hasn't been growth for years, I will continue to use and will update this review as to how well they continue to grow.

on 12/28/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have Taliah Waajid's brand of JBCO. The scent is not as offensive as other brands and I found it at Sally's for less than eight dollars. I use it as a pre-poo treatment or mixed with other oils and essential oils for a hot oil treatment. I also concentrate it on my eyebrows and edges. I can honestly see a difference after a couple of weeks. You have to be consistent though. It leaves my hair super soft and less frizzy. It has been a crucial element in my routine during this winter. I have yet to try it as a sealer as it is thick in consistency and can leave my hair weighed down if not shampooed out. Will repurchase. Update: I bought the Sunny Isle brand at Target and so much better. It cost about the same price as the Taliah too, except this one had more of a smoky nutty scent to it. I can tolerate it since I use castor oil at night and sometimes blend it with other oils.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I use the Tropic Isle brand and got it on Amazon. It came with a color applicator for easier distribution to hair/scalp. It's a very very thick oil. This was my first time using it, so a lot of trial and error took place. I find this is best on my hairline, ends, and mixed in with deep conditioning. Turns out it works nicely for thickening eyebrows and lashes as well!

on 6/29/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I use the tropic isle living brand and it's my HG hair oil. Yes it smells like roasted nuts but my hair has grown so much!! My hair is stronger and longer and a lot less breakage. I recommend using it as an over night treatment and wash out in the morning if you hate the texture (very thick, kind of like honey) Give it a try this stuff works

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using the Jamaican Mango and Lime Original Black Castor Oil for about a month on my relaxed hair and I have noticed a nice amount of growth, even in troubled areas. I haven't used it as a hot oil treatment yet, I just try to massage it into my scalp every night. There isn't much of a strong scent so I can't say that it smells bad. I bought a bottle at Sally's for about 6 or 7 dollars. I highly recommend this product and will definitely purchase again.

Popular Hair Treatments