Jamaican Black Castor Oil

4.2

100% Castor Oil

on 6/15/2016 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

It is my second bottle of sunny isle JBCO and It has helped grow my edges. The result is more gradual than miraculous though! Still growing baby hairs around my hairline but no longer bald like obvious alopecia. It is heavy and quite thick in consistency so i sometimes mix with coconut or avocado oil to thin out the consistency a bit.
I found out the skin care effect in firming my breasts after weaning my baby. The smell is not so sweet so i used it at night most times.

on 5/2/2016 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolutely incredible, grew back the lost hair on the hairline quickly and also made the rest of my hair super thick. I have to mix this with coconut oil though, otherwise it is too thick alone. I use these two oils for a scalp massage, as well as distributing them throughout the rest of the hair until everything is coated and then leave it overnight with my hair wrapped in a t-shirt so that it really soaks in.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

I don't normally write reviews on products but after searching the internet many Times for remedies for regrowing my eyebrows. As a young teenager I plucked my eyebrows so thin and they have never grown back to what they once were, so I was pretty desperate. I've been allowing them to grow back naturally for a few months now, a very slow process, so I purchased some Jamaican black castor oil from Amazon, the sunny isle brand and have been massaging it into my eyebrows every night for the past two weeks and already little baby hairs are sprouting in areas there hasn't been growth for years, I will continue to use and will update this review as to how well they continue to grow.

on 12/28/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have Taliah Waajid's brand of JBCO. The scent is not as offensive as other brands and I found it at Sally's for less than eight dollars. I use it as a pre-poo treatment or mixed with other oils and essential oils for a hot oil treatment. I also concentrate it on my eyebrows and edges. I can honestly see a difference after a couple of weeks. You have to be consistent though. It leaves my hair super soft and less frizzy. It has been a crucial element in my routine during this winter. I have yet to try it as a sealer as it is thick in consistency and can leave my hair weighed down if not shampooed out. Will repurchase. Update: I bought the Sunny Isle brand at Target and so much better. It cost about the same price as the Taliah too, except this one had more of a smoky nutty scent to it. I can tolerate it since I use castor oil at night and sometimes blend it with other oils.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I use the Tropic Isle brand and got it on Amazon. It came with a color applicator for easier distribution to hair/scalp. It's a very very thick oil. This was my first time using it, so a lot of trial and error took place. I find this is best on my hairline, ends, and mixed in with deep conditioning. Turns out it works nicely for thickening eyebrows and lashes as well!

on 6/29/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I use the tropic isle living brand and it's my HG hair oil. Yes it smells like roasted nuts but my hair has grown so much!! My hair is stronger and longer and a lot less breakage. I recommend using it as an over night treatment and wash out in the morning if you hate the texture (very thick, kind of like honey) Give it a try this stuff works

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using the Jamaican Mango and Lime Original Black Castor Oil for about a month on my relaxed hair and I have noticed a nice amount of growth, even in troubled areas. I haven't used it as a hot oil treatment yet, I just try to massage it into my scalp every night. There isn't much of a strong scent so I can't say that it smells bad. I bought a bottle at Sally's for about 6 or 7 dollars. I highly recommend this product and will definitely purchase again.

on 1/9/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Omg...this stuff reeks! I bought a bottle, since my already fine hair started shedding like mad after I had my son. To be honest, I really didn't give it a fair shot since it's thicker & stickier than molasses, smells like tar and makes my scalp itch like crazy. This stuff is just so not practical to use IMO. Like using tree sap or something idk. I will stick to avacado oil or anything else. Will I buy this again.....hell nah.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this stuff. It does a great job sealing in long-lasting moisture to my hair. I was using regular golden colored castor oil, but I can truly tell the difference using JBCO- it's like regular castor oil on steroids.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product came into my life at the perfect time.

Though stress my hairline started to break. I tried not to get my realaxer service, and used all the classic 'make your hair grow' greases from the hair shops. Nothing worked, then I was introduced to bjco.

I used it day and night on my hair line for about 3 months. My hair line is back, and thicker then ever.

It doesn't smell great, but it does the job. It also works wonders on my lash line. I would say this is a must forever one! I think it may be a bit to thick for European hair, so give it a try, but everyone should have it for eyelashes and eyebrows. My HG product!

Edit: it's really important to get bjco from a reliable brand, as some use additives, such as salt or dilute with other oil. I use tropic isles from sheabutter cottage.

Popular Hair Treatments