Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Other
Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 12/26/2018 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Foundation shades i use : revlon 150 buff, kat von d 43 light, nc15-20, too faced in snow, fair sand in tarte.

I have oily skin and thought this might work well. When i first applied it, it was beautiful. Though I'm prone to dry patches, this foundation doesn't emphasize my dryness. But in hot humid weather, this slides off fast ! Would not recommend it as a long lasting foundation. Better off with revlon colorstay. But it is a good match for my skin tone since I'm yellow based and it's hard to find a foundation in my shade.

I really love this foundation! I have a very difficult time committing to foundations and typically switch from product to product hoping for better results. However, this is my holy grail foundation! My skin looks flawless and silky smooth. I have a lot of redness and it covers everything so beautifully. I even have a light scar spanning the length of my forehead and it covers that up so easily! I only use a little bit of primer on my nose where I'm super oily and a hydrating primer/setting spray both before and after applying. This foundation stays on all day and doesn't budge from my face nor does it separate on my nose!

I hate this foundation and I cannot stress that enough!! This foundations texture is a thick mousse consistency and it feels very promising and and it goes on pretty thick and smoothly! The downside of this foundation is that it’s so thick and does not cover it also fades in a few hours which to me this is a waste of money! I also own double wear and I know some of you have compared this to double wear and let me just say there is no comparison! Double wear is a runny liquid that dries quickly and this is a mousse that doesn’t dry and slips around on the face and does not stay put, I have pretty dry skin and I do tend to get an oily t zone but I have acne on my cheeks and let me just say this does not cover my acne like double wear does! This also tends to rub off if I put any type of concealer on it even if it’s a tarte concealer! I really hate this product and if I could lose it I gladly would and not bother replacing it!

on 5/1/2018 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really nice full coverage foundation where a little goes a long, long way. I have set it with the Laura Mercier Loose setting powder (translucent) and it lasted the 5 hours or so I wore it with some full matte makeup and I really loved the result - it certainly does look "makeupy" but I made sure my skin was thoroughly moisturised and I had SPF on before putting on this foundation, which I think helped it to not go cakey throughout the day. As I get older, my skin seems to do whatever the heck it wants haha, if I had tried this 5 years ago when my skin was quite bad (acne prone very oily), it would have been a godsend, but my skin is now more combination and I think with a light hand, a good concealer and set lightly, if you need a foundation to last all day, this is one to consider for sure.

Thumbs down. The packaging broke the second week of ownership. The colors are too dark, however, there seems to still be limited shades for women of color. It claims full coverage, but it's only medium coverage, and at the same time, it looks like you're wearing a ton of makeup even while laying a small amount. If you have oily skin, it will break apart during the day. If you have dry skin, it will emphasize wrinkles. It also oxidizes a shade or two, so if you can, go 1 to 2 shades lighter. I gave it two stars because you get 1.7 ounces instead of 1 ounce.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have tried so many foundations... I've tried MAC, too face, Kat Von D, etc. and they all were good foundations, but they all were so full coverage that they ended up making my face look super caked up, greasy, and acne infested! But then tarte saved my face. I've been using this foundation for a straight 2 years, and I'll never go back! It's full coverage, yet doesn't get caked up. No acne issues, I hardly get greasy, it really is a great foundation! It is expensive... though it also is cruelty free, has actual skin care in it, AND it has spf which has also saved me from many potential sunburns. All in all a great product. I'll never use any other foundation again!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used this for a year, but was never happy with the coverage. It does not have a full coverage, although maybe they don't claim to be. It was drying to my skin and I just thought that my skin was getting older! It does blend well, and has good medium coverage. I think for the price, it could have nicer packaging though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried this because it had good reviews for the most part and I was looking for a long-wearing full-coverage foundation. I loved the texture of this foundation. It has a light, mousey feel to it which I really liked.
The coverage was more of a medium coverage and I found it got pretty cakey if I built it up too much.

I also don't think it's very long-wearing. Even with a matte primer and setting powder, it transferred like crazy and wore off around my mouth and nose. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was the breakouts that came along with use of the foundation. I tried to make this work for about a week before it went back. I've had no luck with Tarte foundations (or their products in general aside from a lipstick), so I think I'm officially done with the brand.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love prett much all things Tarte (there are a few exceptions) and I have been using this foundation for years. I don't know if I would say it's all out full coverage but it does offer a lot of coverage. I cannot wear this in the summer though - I live in the south. My face turns into an oil slick if I use this during the summer months. I use powder foundation during those times.

I love that the foundation comes out of the tube a little thicker. That makes it very easy to place some on your hand and apply from there without it running all over the place and making a mess. The packaging is perfect for the product. Very quick to use. With the thicker consistency I actually prefer the tube to a pump. It allows me to squeeze out only the exact amount I will need. I will continue to buy this and wear when I can. It feels light on the skin and doesn't cause breakouts.

I think this is okay, but not something I would repurchase. I can't recall the shade I bought, but it was the closest to my coloring (NC25). It was too pink. Also, the coverage wasn't full enough for me. It lasted 6 hours on me just fine but slowly went downhill from there. One positive is that it didn't make me oily.