Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 8/2/2018 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. Beats ELDW and Revlon ColorStay by a mile. Only con is the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been on the hunt for over a year to find a foundation to replace my EL DW. EL DW was my holy grail foundation for 22 years. EL DW was settling into my pores and no matter what pore minimizing primer I used, it settles into my pores and looked cakey at the end of the day. EL DW was also not enough coverage for me.

Now, comes Tarte. I went to Sephora and got free samples of all the full coverage foundations. I even went to drugstore and tried full coverage foundations as well. Tarte has way better color selection for yellow undertone.

This is a cream foundation and very thick when squeezed out of the tube, but applies very light. I personally prefer a brush over fingers and/or wet sponge. Stipple the product using a brush for fuller coverage. For lighter coverage use a wet sponge. I am still trying to find the right primer for this product, but this wears a long time and more oil controlling than EL DW.

This does not have any smell. The color does oxidize on me half a shade. When I first apply it, it is slightly too light, but wait a tiny bit a time and matches me perfectly. EL DW Dawn was the closest match, but it was a bit too pink on me. Tarte is the perfect color match on me at Fairly Light Neutral.

Pros:
- full coverage if applied with brush.
- does not settle into my pores
- great color selection especially yellow undertones

Con:
- not transfer proof as the day goes on

on 5/4/2018 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is pretty full coverage, it's kinda like paint. I have the shade fair sand, which matches well with my yellow undertones. Even with how full coverage it is on me can't make up for how much it sinks into my pores. I feel like you can see every single one. I'm sure it would help to have a pore filling primer, but I don't want to go out and get one just for this foundation. Right now, I'm mixing it with my L'Oreal Infallible to use up the product. One thing I do love about this foundation is that the tube it's in is recyclable!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm 59 years old with oily skin and prone to clogged pores. I like a little extra coverage, though my skin is still pretty clear..just a few freckles and light pigment spots. This foundation is amazing! It covers but doesn't look heavy. There are plenty of colors in the line so you will find a perfect match. I have medium skin with a yellow undertone and use Warm Honey. The makeup also works as a 15 SPF sunscreen. It stays put all day. I set it with Makeup Forever powder which is a Mica powder that's colorless. It has never made me break out. The only thing is you have to do one extra step to remove it. First I use a cleansing oil then soap and water and a washcloth. I hope they never stop making this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have tried so many foundations... I've tried MAC, too face, Kat Von D, etc. and they all were good foundations, but they all were so full coverage that they ended up making my face look super caked up, greasy, and acne infested! But then tarte saved my face. I've been using this foundation for a straight 2 years, and I'll never go back! It's full coverage, yet doesn't get caked up. No acne issues, I hardly get greasy, it really is a great foundation! It is expensive... though it also is cruelty free, has actual skin care in it, AND it has spf which has also saved me from many potential sunburns. All in all a great product. I'll never use any other foundation again!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

One of my favorite foundations! I have super oily skin and this is actually the only foundation that keeps my face looking matte for hours without having to use powder. My favourite tarte product!

on 12/31/2016 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have light medium olive oily skin and been wearing this foundation since 2014 and absolutely love it. First I apply a thin layer of Tarte BB in light and then a layer of Tarte light medium neutral Amazonian Clay foundation. I set it with Tarte light medium neutral powder and my makeup looks great all day even working outside in the humid summers. It absorbs the oil well with a repowder of my nose at lunch. It provides great coverage with just a pea size amount. It is pricey but a tube will last forever so it is actually pretty inexpensive. It holds up all day. Also highly recommend Tarte Amazonian clay blush and waterproof Lights Camera Splashes mascara. The Blush itself lasts forever and once applied lasts all day and once the mascara dries after a couple minutes it doesn't not flake or budge in high humidity. I don't write many reviews but these products are worth taking the time to tell others about. Love Tarte!!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love prett much all things Tarte (there are a few exceptions) and I have been using this foundation for years. I don't know if I would say it's all out full coverage but it does offer a lot of coverage. I cannot wear this in the summer though - I live in the south. My face turns into an oil slick if I use this during the summer months. I use powder foundation during those times.

I love that the foundation comes out of the tube a little thicker. That makes it very easy to place some on your hand and apply from there without it running all over the place and making a mess. The packaging is perfect for the product. Very quick to use. With the thicker consistency I actually prefer the tube to a pump. It allows me to squeeze out only the exact amount I will need. I will continue to buy this and wear when I can. It feels light on the skin and doesn't cause breakouts.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this foundation. It was recommended to me by my friend who works at sephora. I have extremely oily skin, more so than anyone else I know outside of my immediate family.
I have tried applying this with a beauty blender, the real techniques full coverage brush, and even my fingers. I have tried it with two different primers. But nothing stops it from smudging away and breaking apart, making me look dirty and like I slept in my makeup or something.
The coverage also leaves something to be desired, as my acne scars show through.
With how much this foundation costs and the fact that it is supposed to be good for oily skin, I expected more out of it. I have drugstore foundations that I would reach for before using this.
The only good thing I can say is that the packaging is super cute.

on 12/13/2016 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I gave the overall rating five stars. I am a male that wears light makeup and likes to do makeup for others.

I got this foundation for my girlfriend who has slight acne and needs a medium to full coverage foundation.

I am also EXTREMELY picky about getting a matching shade for the person's skin tone.

This brand has one that matches her skin absolutely flawlessly. I was impressed. Overall this lineup comes in a good color range, has pretty nice coverage.