3.5

$29.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

I'm really, really surprised that I ended up liking this. I got in the deal Tarte has periodically where you get 7 or so full size items for around $63. This was what I decided to try this time. I always thought this would be too heavy and too dry for me. My skin has always been combination, but is getting dryer as I get older, and I also can get dry patches from Retin A. I am really surprised how good this looks. It is matte, but not too matte. It doesn't have that dry, flat look that a lot of matte foundations can have. It looks really pretty, and doesn't just sit on top of my skin. I don't think it makes me look older. I started applying it with a sponge, but switched to my fingers, and found that using my fingers gave the best results. I only used a primer in some areas (a moisturizing primer around the eye and cheek area.) I did find it oxidized slightly, but not a lot. In my oilier areas, like my chin and forehead, I got a bit shiny, but only after about 7 hours. And even then, not too much. It did not cling to dry patches, or emphasize texture. I thought the lasting power was quite good. I do not think it is full coverage, however. I think you would have to apply it quite thick, or layer it a lot, and I haven't tried that yet. I do think it is a good medium to high medium though. I think the shades are consistent with their other foundations. I use 16N in their Shape Tape foundation (which I like a little) and also their Foundcealer foundation (which I don't like much) and I also ordered that same shade in this, and it worked great. So all in all, I think it's a good foundation, definitely my favorite of those that I have tried from Tarte so far.

About reviewer (493 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

5 months ago

I'm not super blown away by this. I found it to be too expensive for what it delivered. To me, it just looked like an Everyday Foundation with zero Wow Factor. It says on the Packaging Full Coverage, I got a Medium Coverage and I have Porous skin so need that full Coverage. It did apply Matte which I need. There was no scent to the Product which I like and this came in a Squeezable Tube which I prefer my Foundation in a Pump but I wont judge them on that. I apply all of my makeup starting with Moisturizer, then Primer, then Foundation, then setting Powder and setting Spray and all of this work just didn't do it for me. I recommend saving your hard earned money and try something else because this product was priced fairly high. You can get better on a lower budget.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

7 months ago

This is a HG for me. Medium-full coverage, slightly moisturizing with a semi-matte finish. I am MAC C3 and wear light-medium which is a perfect match. I love the spf 15 and that it is a physical sunscreen rather than chemical sunscreen.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 months ago

I absolutely adore this product. Originally got it in an Ipsy bag and the shade was a tad too yellow but I loved the product. Bought the full size in the correct shade (one with more of a pink undertone). This product makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day when paired with UD All Nighter. Blends easily and definitely hides imperfections without looking caked on or too heavy.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

a year ago

Pros: -The palest shade is pale enough to look very natural on me and I'm NC10. -It doesn't emphasize any fine lines. Cons: -Sheer to medium coverage...I sure as hell wasn't that. It doesn't cover any of my redness from rosacea & I feel like I wore a generous amount. -Doesn't fully dry down despite being advertised as matte -Even powdered, it still wore off quickly in patches. This is not worth the price tag. I'd be willing to invest $50 for a HG foundation but this was awful.

About reviewer (514 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

a year ago

Foundation shades i use : revlon 150 buff, kat von d 43 light, nc15-20, too faced in snow, fair sand in tarte. I have oily skin and thought this might work well. When i first applied it, it was beautiful. Though I'm prone to dry patches, this foundation doesn't emphasize my dryness. But in hot humid weather, this slides off fast ! Would not recommend it as a long lasting foundation. Better off with revlon colorstay. But it is a good match for my skin tone since I'm yellow based and it's hard to find a foundation in my shade.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

I only bought this is because my esthetician gawked when I said I use drugstore makeup. I thought my L'Oreal Pro-Matte was serving me well. This is better in a few ways. It's a little drier, which works out well for me because I just switched to a more moisturizing sunscreen, and my skin is already oily. Although it is very matte, it still doesn't look bone dry or cakey when applied with a sponge. It has a beautiful airbrush-quality finish that hides all my pores. It says full coverage, but I would call it medium. The amount you would need to build it to full coverage would just slide off your face. I also think I've broken out less since I've started using it, so it seems to be good for acne-prone skin.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

EyesOther

a year ago

I really love this foundation! I have a very difficult time committing to foundations and typically switch from product to product hoping for better results. However, this is my holy grail foundation! My skin looks flawless and silky smooth. I have a lot of redness and it covers everything so beautifully. I even have a light scar spanning the length of my forehead and it covers that up so easily! I only use a little bit of primer on my nose where I'm super oily and a hydrating primer/setting spray both before and after applying. This foundation stays on all day and doesn't budge from my face nor does it separate on my nose!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Other, Other

a year ago

I tried this based on some YT videos and absolutely fell in love. When I first applied it I really thought it was going to be too heavy and waxy feeling for me. Its pretty thick because of the clay. However, this blends into the skin beautifully. The coverage is amazing and definitely a full coverage. It doesn't feel tacky or too heavy once its on the skin and blended. I LOVE this foundation now and it is a staple in my makeup arsenal.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

a year ago

i quite like this product, sad it didnt work for the previous reviewer, but it just shows that everyones skin is so different i had on quite a moisturizing base today and my skin is pretty normal. i think this is only good for normal to super oily skin types. i wore the shade light medium neutral and it matched me so well. like i flipped the car mirror over and there was no tell tale sign of color difference. i also think that this is quite affordable for a high end brand bc its $39 for 50 ml or 1.7 fl oz usually its only 1 fl oz i believe theres 40 shades of this

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinOther, Other