Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 3/1/2017 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin has cleared up tremendously since I started using this over 5 years ago. This one is a keeper!!! Great coverage too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried this because it had good reviews for the most part and I was looking for a long-wearing full-coverage foundation. I loved the texture of this foundation. It has a light, mousey feel to it which I really liked.
The coverage was more of a medium coverage and I found it got pretty cakey if I built it up too much.

I also don't think it's very long-wearing. Even with a matte primer and setting powder, it transferred like crazy and wore off around my mouth and nose. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was the breakouts that came along with use of the foundation. I tried to make this work for about a week before it went back. I've had no luck with Tarte foundations (or their products in general aside from a lipstick), so I think I'm officially done with the brand.

on 2/18/2017 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first experience with a full coverage foundation, and it was a good experience. I had to try a couple different ways to apply (stipple brush was may favourite) so it didn't go on too heavy, but it did the job, and set the bar for me for foundation longevity

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for this foundation, as I had heard many good things about it, but the texture of this product just does not work for my skin at all. The coverage is decent for about 10 minutes before it settles into and emphasises every pore, every dry patch, every tiny imperfection. I've tried applying it with my fingers, with a brush and with a dampened beauty blender, but it just will not sit on my skin right. I haven't had any issues as extreme as this with other foundations, and I'm really disappointed overall, especially considering that this product ain't cheap!

Amazing. HG foundation. I needed something full coverage and long lasting that wasn't incredibly drying. This foundation does all of these things! I apply with a beauty blender and also use the tarte timeless primer.. Love love love this. Great if you want full coverage with a little glow finish. Amazing.

I wanted to love this foundation. When I first used it, I liked it but as the day went on, it seemed to become cakey and oxidized. I am very fair, so maybe they just don't have a tone light enough for my skin. It also seemed to settle into my pores and dry spots even with a primer. It's very creamy, and my combo skin tends to like a lighter formulation much better, so maybe it would be good for a person with extremely oily skin all over. It also seemed to tend to make me break out in whiteheads around my chin. I will possibly try to rainforest of the sea foundation instead.

on 2/5/2017 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Bit of background on my skin: Acne-prone, very oily.
Other foundations I wear: Revlon's Colourstay in 180 Sand Beige, Laneige Pore Control BB Cushion in 23 Sand beige

I am "Fairly Light Neutral" in Tarte's amazonian clay 12h.

I like this foundation because it is full coverage and works well to control oil. I have very oily skin - after applying makeup, within 1.5 hours, the pores on my nose starts to excrete oil and will appear glossy. This foundation controls the appearance of oil. However, it doesn't last 12 hours as advertised. By the 8 hour, I can feel the foundation feeling mask-like and heavy on the face, with minor loss of coverage. In my opinion, for hot and humid climates, this foundation wears well for up to 5 hours.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good foundation, full coverage and has a satin matte finish yet non drying and is quite long wearing, almost true to its claim of 12 hour wear.
It kinds of feel heavy on the skin though and as for someone who rarely uses foundation, only use it on special occasions like me, yes it does feel heavy on the skin.
Oxidation tends to happen sometimes but nothing too crazy; it is not noticeable.
My only concern with this foundation is that it tends to have a white cast flashback from flash photography and that is because it has spf 15 in it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome! I have very oily skin, and most foundations tend to slide off my face. This stuff stays on all day and it keeps my face shine free. I applied this with a beauty blender and it worked pretty well with it. I will try it with a brush to see if it has a difference. So far, this is the best foundation I have ever used!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

How does this have so many negative reviews? I have very, dry, pale and freckley skin so it can be difficult to find a full-coverage foundation that doesn't cake and turn my face into a flakey, hot mess.

This foundation matches really well with my skin tone (light beige), buildable coverage and doesn't accentuate pores (provided you're using the right primer - I don't recommend the Tarte brand, it goes all bally and weird. I use Hourglass No28 Primer Serum). It lasts for a really long time, all day and night.

The only draw back of this product is it does tend to transfer, Australis' Banana Powder and UD Setting Spray seems to combat it pretty well, but I'm still on the hunt for a decent setting powder.

I will definitely buy this again.