Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

One of my favorite foundations! I have super oily skin and this is actually the only foundation that keeps my face looking matte for hours without having to use powder. My favourite tarte product!

on 6/20/2017 4:56:00 AM

If you have combination/oily skin, this foundation is definitely suitable for you. It does stay relatively matte throughout the day. However, I don't believe that it is full coverage. More towards medium coverage, I would say.
It has a light feeling on your face and doesn't make your face feel heavy or cakey. However, after a while, the foundation started oozing a little bit of clear liquid (the liquid and foundation was separated) and afterwards I didn't dare to use it as much (because I have v v sensitive skin).
Perhaps the foundation broke down a little bit but overall, I think it's a decent foundation but with the price it is set at, I won't be repurchasing it. There are foundations cheaper and with similar quality as this.

on 6/18/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So there are good points and bad points with this foundation. I'll start with the pros.

Pros:
Doesn't oxidize
Thick and Creamy goes on easy
Very blendable
Great color options

Cons:
Does not provide very good coverage -light to medium.
Not buidable
Gets oily by the end of the day (Especially if you have normal to oily skin like I do)

Overall I would rate this foundation three stars out of five. If you don't have much to cover and want something with somewhat medium coverage then this is for you. Great if you want something light and don't have acne scars or anything to cover. I would suggest setting this makeup with powder and blotting through out the day to avoid and oil slick on your face. I think it spreads well and love the consistency but it doesn't have enough pros for me to consider buying again.

on 6/12/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is not full coverage foundation and not matte. It barely covered anything on my face. I have combo/oily skin with acne marks and freckles that I want covered. I dotted the foundation on my face and buffed it in with their airbrush finish bamboo brush. It didn't cover anything so I put another layer on, stippling it with the brush and again nothing. It left a sparkly sheen on my face that I really didn't care for considering it's supposed to be a matte finish.
However, it was very light on my skin and it did a pretty good job at keeping me from turning into an oil slick.
This is just not for me. :(

on 6/10/2017 2:35:00 PM

I love this product so much. Before I bought/wore this product I wore the urban decay all nighter foundation and it was alright... it didn't last "all night" as it claims to be. Then for prom I got my makeup done at a sephora and they used the Amazonian clay foundation. It lasted me throughout prom, after prom and the next morning. I sweated so much (it was 90 degrees that day), and yet it really did last. I highly recommend it.

Absolutely wonderful!! I have combo normal to oily skin and this is beautiful on my skin. This is very full coverage that leaves more of a matte finish vs dewy. You can tell you're wearing foundation so don't expect this to be a natural finish. However, I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin.

I'm not a huge fan of it not because it's a bad foundation just cause it's so thick and for me it's kind of hard to blend out properly. It does give a nice amount of coverage so if you have darkish fair skin or darker deff pick it up I accidentily picked up a shade that was straight yellow so just be aware of that.

This product breaks me out. I love everything else about it from the color to the finish to the way it wears on my skin, but it's not worth breaking out over.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used this for a year, but was never happy with the coverage. It does not have a full coverage, although maybe they don't claim to be. It was drying to my skin and I just thought that my skin was getting older! It does blend well, and has good medium coverage. I think for the price, it could have nicer packaging though.

on 4/24/2017 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had such a hard time at Ulta trying to find a shade match. After sampling so many, I finally decided light beige would be a good match. Unfortunately, it was too dark (my skin is NC15). But, the color didn't even matter because the formula itself was such a disappointment. My skin is dry/combination, but I couldn't get this to stay on for longer than a few hours. It has such a silicone feel to it, like a primer and it just sits on top of the skin. That is actually the worst part, the texture of the foundation is kinda like mousse, but with so much silicone that it doesn't adhere to the skin. Lastly, I would not call this full coverage. It's maybe light to light-medium coverage with only one layer.