Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 8/14/2017 3:18:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation. It holds up really well in the hot and humid climate I'm in. I've been using it for half a year now and It hasn't broke me out and blends really well. I prefer it over the Nars products and it's cheaper too.

on 7/29/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product definitely made my face look matte, which I love, given that I have oily skin. However, after 2 uses, I broke out quite badly with painful pimples! And during those two uses, once my face started to oil, I noticed my nose getting patchy dark spots. Returned it and never used it again!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm 59 years old with oily skin and prone to clogged pores. I like a little extra coverage, though my skin is still pretty clear..just a few freckles and light pigment spots. This foundation is amazing! It covers but doesn't look heavy. There are plenty of colors in the line so you will find a perfect match. I have medium skin with a yellow undertone and use Warm Honey. The makeup also works as a 15 SPF sunscreen. It stays put all day. I set it with Makeup Forever powder which is a Mica powder that's colorless. It has never made me break out. The only thing is you have to do one extra step to remove it. First I use a cleansing oil then soap and water and a washcloth. I hope they never stop making this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG foundation, excellent coverage, pore minimizing, long lasting for whole day. Compare with 20-30 different foundations I have ever used, this is my favorite.

on 7/14/2017 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was really disappointed with this foundation, its supposed to be fill coverage but honestly it looks sheer. My friend worked at Sephora and color matched me and sold me this foundation. Once I got home and started using it this foundation started to settle into every nook and crevice. It grabs to dry patches and applied really thin, I thought maybe it was because I was using a damp beauty blender so I tried to use a few different brushes and it still sat the same. I was super disappointed with this product because so many people really enjoyed this product but it really fell flat for me.

on 7/14/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a light coverage gal. I gravitate towards BB Creams or a sheer dusting of mineral foundation. However now that summer has arrived and I'm sweating like a beast, light coverage products melt and slide off my face. I don't fault the products for that because I don't think any foundation will stay put in the southern heat when it's 103 in the shade.

My thought was instead of trying more "easy lightweight" formulas that slide off with the sweat, try a more full coverage foundation but use it sparingly, and that is how the Amazonian Clay Foundation is working for me.

It's an easy formula to work with. The finish is natural and slightly matte, and for me it doesn't look or feel heavy at all. I dab a small dot on each cheek to conceal redness, and one small dot on my chin for the redness there. On days that I want fuller coverage, I buff it in with an Elf Foundation Blurring Brush. I use a dampened Real Techniques sponge on days that I want to sheer it out for lighter coverage.

So far this formula really does stay put even under the muggiest conditions. I was in the office for two hours today, but I was outside the other six hours walking around a theme park during the worst of the heat. My eye shadow was a greasy hot mess in the crease, my lipstick was long gone and the only highlighter that remained was an awkward stripe on my right cheek (where did it go on the left cheek?...) -- but this foundation was actually still there. It did begin to break down on my chin and some redness was showing through but it wasn't enough to turn me off from the product, especially considering that I didn't wear primer and I never bother with touch ups.

I say give it a try if you're looking for something that offers good coverage while still letting your skin breathe, or give it a try if you're on the hunt for a foundation that will go toe to toe against the humidity. I'm really kind of impressed! I've also noticed that my blush tends to stay put when I'm wearing this foundation which is a huge plus.

I will add one other thing. I slather on a thick sunscreen with SPF 50 before applying foundation, and it's the kind of sunscreen that leaves me looking greasy. This foundation actually plays nicely with the sunscreen and tones down that greasy look.

For reference, I am 41 years old with drier, finicky sensitive skin and lots of redness on my cheeks. I moisturize before applying this, or any foundation and this formula hasn't bothered my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation, I have sensitive acne prone skin and find that this foundation doesn't aggravate or cause any more pimples. I feel like this foundation still allows the skin to breathe and actually feels like its doing some good while i'm wearing it which is great. I was previously using a studio fix foundation from MAC and found every time I used it my skin erupted which became a vicious cycle as I would then wear more foundation to cover up the pimples but making the skin worse.

I love this product I apply it with a beauty blender and find it flawless, my skin isn't great and people have complimented how perfect my skin is when I use this product. Although on the pricy side I would highly recommend and you don't need to use much especially when you use a beauty blender. I usually get it as a birthday or christmas gift and it lasts me.

I can't recommend this product more to be honest, especially for oily or acne prone skin.

on 7/11/2017 11:31:00 AM

I was extremely disappointed with this product. It was and always will be suggested to me by those that work at Sephora when I tell them I have both dry and acne prone skin. They usually act surprised when I say that I hated using it because "it's natural". I honestly don't know how anyone uses this stuff successfully! For my dry skin- it melted off my face and that NEVER happens to me! I usually just flake away (gross, I know..) and it did absolutely nothing for me as far as coverage goes. Returned!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the only foundation I've used for the past couple years, and I've repurchased it time and time again. It's the only foundation I've found that doesn't break out my sensitive, acne-prone skin. The shade range is excellent (I wear Ivory) and it has SPF, which is great.
I would say the coverage is more medium than full, but since I apply it with my fingers that might be different. I always wear it with Tarte's Clean Slate primer, which I also adore.
The price is a little high, but since it's so good I'm willing to pay it - and a tube lasts me for months.

Recommended for normal, sensitive, acne-prone skin!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have tried so many foundations... I've tried MAC, too face, Kat Von D, etc. and they all were good foundations, but they all were so full coverage that they ended up making my face look super caked up, greasy, and acne infested! But then tarte saved my face. I've been using this foundation for a straight 2 years, and I'll never go back! It's full coverage, yet doesn't get caked up. No acne issues, I hardly get greasy, it really is a great foundation! It is expensive... though it also is cruelty free, has actual skin care in it, AND it has spf which has also saved me from many potential sunburns. All in all a great product. I'll never use any other foundation again!