Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't understand why people love this foundation so much. It left my skin looking flat. It was demolished after a few hours by my oily skin. It is like a tinted clay mask. Overhyped!!! I returned it to ULTA. I NEVER return things to Ulta.

on 6/21/2018 12:20:00 AM

I love this foundation. Its my new favorite and I reach for it instead of ELDW most days. The color is amazing and a perfect match for my NC 30 skin (I got the medium sand I think). its very yellow and blends well into my skin. This is definitely a medium coverage not full but can be built up. Not sure why this foundation is not more popular because I think its really amazing

on 6/20/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation is pretty great. It's actually more of a medium coverage for me. It lasts all day, doesn't irritate my skin and is a good balance between matte and satin. For combination skin types, this foundation would work well because it's not super matte. It also has no smell which I really love. The ingredients are relatively clean and simple. Packaging is very convenient and blends like a dream. Has a very wide colour selection with clear descriptions that let's you easily select your true shade. I think you get what you pay for.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been on the hunt for over a year to find a foundation to replace my EL DW. EL DW was my holy grail foundation for 22 years. EL DW was settling into my pores and no matter what pore minimizing primer I used, it settles into my pores and looked cakey at the end of the day. EL DW was also not enough coverage for me.

Now, comes Tarte. I went to Sephora and got free samples of all the full coverage foundations. I even went to drugstore and tried full coverage foundations as well. Tarte has way better color selection for yellow undertone.

This is a cream foundation and very thick when squeezed out of the tube, but applies very light. I personally prefer a brush over fingers and/or wet sponge. Stipple the product using a brush for fuller coverage. For lighter coverage use a wet sponge. I am still trying to find the right primer for this product, but this wears a long time and more oil controlling than EL DW.

This does not have any smell. The color does oxidize on me half a shade. When I first apply it, it is slightly too light, but wait a tiny bit a time and matches me perfectly. EL DW Dawn was the closest match, but it was a bit too pink on me. Tarte is the perfect color match on me at Fairly Light Neutral.

Pros:
- full coverage if applied with brush.
- does not settle into my pores
- great color selection especially yellow undertones

Con:
- not transfer proof as the day goes on

on 5/4/2018 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is pretty full coverage, it's kinda like paint. I have the shade fair sand, which matches well with my yellow undertones. Even with how full coverage it is on me can't make up for how much it sinks into my pores. I feel like you can see every single one. I'm sure it would help to have a pore filling primer, but I don't want to go out and get one just for this foundation. Right now, I'm mixing it with my L'Oreal Infallible to use up the product. One thing I do love about this foundation is that the tube it's in is recyclable!

on 5/1/2018 5:25:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! Great coverage, doesn't look cakey, and lasts all day. I tried this when I couldn't get EL Double Wear, and this has become a second favorite.

on 5/1/2018 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really nice full coverage foundation where a little goes a long, long way. I have set it with the Laura Mercier Loose setting powder (translucent) and it lasted the 5 hours or so I wore it with some full matte makeup and I really loved the result - it certainly does look "makeupy" but I made sure my skin was thoroughly moisturised and I had SPF on before putting on this foundation, which I think helped it to not go cakey throughout the day. As I get older, my skin seems to do whatever the heck it wants haha, if I had tried this 5 years ago when my skin was quite bad (acne prone very oily), it would have been a godsend, but my skin is now more combination and I think with a light hand, a good concealer and set lightly, if you need a foundation to last all day, this is one to consider for sure.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Definitely agree with elements of the previous review. I’ve been using it for several years now and it’s one of the only foundations that doesn’t make my face hell on earth. The coverage is pretty decent for me, however it really depends on the primer you use. I use both Hourglass Mineral Veil and Cover FX blurring primer- both seem to do alright with it but it can settle in fine lines during the day and you might need to blot here and there. Along with the primer I use either Mineral Fusion loose power in olive or Physicians Forumla bronzer (the non shimmer kind) and then finish it off with UD setting spray. The colour options are bomb especially if you are more on the yellow side and it doesn’t oxidize. I go between medium sand and tan deep sand depending on time of year.

on 4/30/2018 7:56:00 AM

I really liked this foundation at first and wore it very often over the winter, but over time I started to notice things that I hated about it. Now I rarely ever reach for it. I'm going to use up the rest of the bottle but once it's gone I wont repurchase it.

It's quite a thick formula. It goes on smooth though, and it blends out pretty well with a damp blender. It is far from being full coverage with one application, you can build it up but in my experience I always end up looked cakey when I do.

Once I set it it really looks good for about an hour or two. This is what sort of fooled me into thinking it was working for me I guess. But I noticed that I was having to do powder touch ups a bit more often with it than with my other matte foundations. Not a huge deal, but I like to be able to set my makeup in the morning and forget it. I bought this on recommendation specifically for oil control, but its performance in that area is mediocre if you have very oily skin.

Then I began to notice that it just didn't look very good on my cheeks, under my cheekbones, after a few hours. It gets splotchy and starts to separate in that area first on me. Extremely unflattering especially when my hair is tied up so it's very obvious to anyone who sees me from the side. I've tried all kinds of things as a base, from matte primer to oil free moisturizer, and while matte primer seems to delay the effect it doesn't prevent it from happening,

I can deal with touch ups but I cant deal with ugly separated foundation. So I only use this now for when I'm running errands and wont be out for more than 2-4 hours. I'm not sure it'll hold up at all if I'm going to be doing any activity that involves sweating, so the thought of using it in the humid summer heat here in Tennessee is a little scary.

Overall this foundation is not bad quality. It doesn't break me out, clog my pores or make my skin look aged like a lot of mattes do but it just doesn't work for my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation was decent during the winter but I'm not convinced it will cut it during the spring and summer months. I'm a big fan of matte makeup all around and this foundation certainly worked well with my matte eyeshadows and lipsticks. It's application is smooth and easy using most brushes and sponges. It's crucial to use a rich moisturizer before applying this otherwise it just looks streaky around the nose and eyes. The only drawback for me is that it's not the most natural looking finish and it certainly makes me look like I'm wearing more makeup then I feel like I'm wearing. I cannot under any circumstances forget to wash it off before bed either because I will regret it in the morning when it looks like a hot mess and feels like it's cemented into my pores.