Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation has been kinda meh. On the plus side, my acne has improved while using this, and it was recommended to me by several Ulta employees for my acne-prone skin. The coverage is really full, if that's something you are looking for. My only compliant is that it looks really oily. My skin isn't oily, but this foundation makes me look shiny. Maybe it's the "dewy" look, but I'm not a fan.
I feel like I should mention the kabuki brush. It does't come with the foundation, but it is recommended that you use it. The brush really helps give this a smooth and flawless finish which I can't achieve with a beauty blender or a stippling brush. However. The brush will soak up more foundation than it applies to your face. My advice is to apply it with a blender or other brush, then GENTLY smooth it out with the kabuki brush.

on 7/19/2016 9:56:00 PM

Honestly when I first bought this omg I hated it! It was so thick and bleh! But I was using an overly wet sponge. I'm not so good w the sponge... I tried it w a real techniques buffing brush. Still hated it. But then I got the large tarte foundation brush and that's when I fell in love. It's a strong foundation so it needs a strong tool I guess? Lol. I think it's a workhorse foundation. It's never broken me out, it covers wonderfully, it doesn't require primer. There's a lot of it in the tube. I used to mix this w olay cc cream and that was a really good mix. Especially if I'm kind of dry. Usually I'm oily, but my skin hates me so sometimes it changes its mind. I will buy again when I run out

To Read all 764 Reviews, Login or Join

this is my favorite summertime foundation, it is matte, long-lasting, and gives amazing oil control. I use the shade light medium sand I believe and it matches me so well. I haven't had problems with it oxidizing like some of my other products do. $39 for 1.7 oz is pretty good for a high end brand as most foundations are a standard 1 oz. you only need a small amount to cover everything, so the tube will last a long time. the squeeze tube is ideal for this because this has a mousse like texture. although on the thicker side it blends very easily. I also like that the side is transparent so you can gauge how much is left

on 7/11/2016 5:21:00 PM

I really love this foundation. I have dry skin and at first i didn't like it but that was because i wasn't exfoliating. After exfoliating it went on a lot smoother. Its full coverage the best way to apply it for me it to use a brush first and then use a sponge to get rid of the streakiness. It lasts all day! I would definitely recommend it!

on 7/10/2016 7:27:00 AM

Goes on well, stays on all day, great coverage, but BEWARE, absolutely ruined my skin for a few months. Definitely not noncomedogenic, my entire forehead broke out into small red bumps which has never happened before, they are slowly going away after I discontinued use. Really upset about it because it really does go on well and matched my skin tone perfectly...not for everyone!

This was the first foundation I bought and I have to say the colour is beautiful and super full coverage. The consistency is very thick and mousse, unfortunately this foundation was not for me. I used this foundation during the winter time and that's when my skin is the driest!! Dry patches were very defined especially the chin areas for me. Oily skin would probably be best with this one.

on 6/30/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for a little over 3 years, on and off. I have to say, aside from a few gripes, it is my favorite, go to foundation.

This foundation is great for oily skin (I am very oily, especially in my T-Zone area), but does require a setting powder. My mother in law loves this foundation and has very dry skin, so I think it is something that almost anyone with any skin type could use.

There is a very wide variety of shades, each with their own undertone, so there is a shade for almost everyone. That is one of the big pluses to this foundation in my opinion, because a lot of foundations on the market today only tailor one or two different undertones. One of the main things about this foundation is you have to be careful with the amount of product you put on; a dime size amount is normally enough for my face and that's with somewhat frequent hormonal break outs. I find that I only need one layer of this foundation to achieve a full coverage look. If you put too much on, you will know because it will look cakey. However, if the right amount is used, it can give you a flawless finish and make pores appears smaller or non existent.

Another thing I love about this foundation is it is one of few that does NOT break me out.

As far as longevity goes, this product can last on my oily skin without needed a touch up for 7-8 hours during winter, and maybe 4 or 5 during the warmer months. After that, though, I found that I definitely needed to go over a few areas with blotting tissue and powder. My mother in law, who has dry skin, can wear this foundation from 9AM to 11PM and it still looks perfect. So I think longevity with this foundation really depends on your skin type.

When it comes to price, it is a higher end foundation to begin with, and you do get a generous amount of product, so I find it to be reasonable with those things in mind. It does it's job, and is worth the money in my opinion unless you absolutely have to have the 12 hour wear time that it claims on the box and bottle.

Overall, I love this product and have repurchased four times so far. I will continue to repurchase until I find something better.

on 6/26/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The colour selection has several undertones so there's no way you won't find the one for you!
This is totally full coverage, really easy to blend but to easy to cake- you have to be careful with how much of the product you put. it also controls oil pretty good.
I wouldn't buy it agin because it has SPF in it and I don't really want my body to tan quick and leave my face paler than my body. (so if it didn't have spf in it I would buy it)

on 6/26/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product.

Pros:
-It does have full coverage and builds pretty well.
-Has SPF 15
-It's 1.7 Fl. Oz. or 50 mL, which is almost twice as much as the usual amount of foundation you get.
-The texture feels fluffy and smooth, but also thick.
-Has 25 shades so very easy to find your correct shade.
-Blends very easily. I have a shade that's a little light for me but still blends well enough so that it matches my skin.
-The amount of product lasts very long! I have had it for six months and I'm still not done with it yet. I'm only about halfway or a little more through it.

Cons:
-Pretty expensive! Around $40, but also keep in mind you get 1.7 Fl. Oz.
-Doesn't control shine well for me. Once I put it on, it gets oily in about one or two hours!!! Even with my Rimmel Stay Matte Primer and my Rimmel Stay Matte powder.
-Can look INCREDIBLY CAKEY, especially if you use a brush. I recommend using a Beauty Blender to apply this if you do end up purchasing this product, because it helps look a little less cakey but does sheer down the coverage slightly.
-Not transfer proof. When I blot this foundation, it transfers onto the tissue.
-Shows pores after a while of wearing. To help this, I take a powder brush and put powder on it and buff the powder in. I do this when first setting the foundation and also when I touch up the foundation. Keep in mind, if you DO need the complete full coverage, this technique will take some of it off.
-Clings to dry patches. I have very oily skin, but recently I've been getting small dry patches around my mouth. I also have some acne scars which can be dry, and this foundation highlights those spots.
-Can break up from oil or just from long wear time.
-Doesn't settle into fine lines too much, however it can VERY SLIGHTLY settle on the sides of my nose and in the crevice under my lip above my chin.

However, KEEP IN MIND that I have only used ONE powder with this foundation and ONE primer. I don't exactly remember how the foundation looks without my Rimmel Stay Matte primer or my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. Using a different primer (or not using one at all) or a different setting powder may lead to different results.

Hopefully this helps. If you're looking for a good foundation, I honestly haven't used many besides three BB creams and two foundation sticks, but the Maybelline FIT Me foundation stick keeps me a bit more matte and also looks smoother and less cakey on the skin. And it's a whole lot cheaper!

I have complete mixed feelings about this. I've had good days and then really bad days with this. It is super soft and feels good on, but it is thick and can show imperfections, especially if your skin is dry. I feel like it has good coverage and is easy to blend if you don't cake it on. It worked best with freshly exfoliated and moisturized skin. I also like to lightly mist my face with my toner before using this just to achieve optimal smoothness.
Nice to have the extra SPF, but I use other sunblock when going out anyways so not really needed. It doesn't dry my skin like some foundations do so that's a plus. The color really blends with my skin tone as well. I can see why this is so popular.
Over all it has a lot of pros, but the cons overpower it. If your skin is always smooth with no dryness you may get good use out of it. Mine is not and when I have days I want to use a thick foundation like this, it just doesn't work. Then works on days where I feel I don't need foundation. I give a 2.7 out of 5.