Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 4/24/2017 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had such a hard time at Ulta trying to find a shade match. After sampling so many, I finally decided light beige would be a good match. Unfortunately, it was too dark (my skin is NC15). But, the color didn't even matter because the formula itself was such a disappointment. My skin is dry/combination, but I couldn't get this to stay on for longer than a few hours. It has such a silicone feel to it, like a primer and it just sits on top of the skin. That is actually the worst part, the texture of the foundation is kinda like mousse, but with so much silicone that it doesn't adhere to the skin. Lastly, I would not call this full coverage. It's maybe light to light-medium coverage with only one layer.

My only complaint is that the lightest color isn't light enough. The product itself is wonderful!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There's a learning curve to using this foundation. Never apply it with your fingers, it must be buffed in with a stippling brush.

I couldn't find a shade match, and the finish left something to be desired. Matte is never a good look on dry skin over the age of 25, sorry.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an amazing foundation. I have lots of acne & acne scars and am almost white as paper. This is pretty close to my skin tone and blends really nicely. You only need a little bit for full coverage. And it's buildable to extremely full coverage, or you can make it look seamless and melt right into the skin. The packaging is fine, my cat bit the corner and there is a hole but none leaks out. Sometimes I use too much product but that is a good thing that you don't need a lot! I've had my bottle for like a year and still have a little bit left. Really need to buy more :)

I have the colour fairly light beige (cool leaning) , which I picked up accidentally after being matched to the equivalent neutral undertone shade- I noticed how pink it when I started using it, but didn't realize I picked up the wrong colour until months later... Now that we are in the depths of winter the shade matched me perfectly. Anyway, I use about a pea size amount, which I apply immediately after moisturizer/spf, when it is easy to spread out with fingers. This provides light coverage and semi- matifies the sheen from the moisturizer. I apply a bit of powder on top (mac mineralize) and this routine holds through an 8-hour work day. This product has not broken me out at all. I have not tried to use this product to achieve full coverage (which isn't my thing), but I suspect that might be where some of the issues other reviews point out might occur- it is supposed to provide full coverage, after all. A little goes a long way and I have been using everyday for 6 months + with lots of product remaining. I would consider repurchasing.

on 3/27/2017 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have extremely sensitive, acne prone (to perfumes etc..) skin. I'm clear, but use a topical acne gel and have scarring, redness, and melasma.

I've been using the Tarte tinted BB moisturizer (amazonian clay) for about a year. I love it. However, I wasn't getting the coverage that I'd like (melasma) and was having to add some FitMe concealer on my face + the tinted moisturizer to get coverage as well as getting SUPER shiny on my face. I always apply a moisturizer to my face before makeup, so I realized with this routine, I was pretty much applying two moisturizers to my face every day. No wonder I was turning into a greasy mess. (I also switched moisturizers, which was some of the problem. Wasn't oil free.)

Since I love Tarte's amazonian clay line, I decided to try their foundation for more coverage and perhaps a more matte finish. After getting two samples from Sephora, and comparing the finishes of the tinted moisturizer to the foundation - the foundation has a 100% more matte finish. Just what I wanted.

For reference, I'm the shade "light" in their tinted moisturizer (strong yellow undertone) - and I found that I'm a mix between "light sand" and "Light-medium sand" in the foundation. I honestly could go with either, but I'd say at this point that "light sand" would be my exact shade in the middle of winter, and "light medium sand" is my current, going into spring/summer (with the sun getting stronger). So, I recommend getting samples if you can - they have such a large shade range. Since I had two samples, I could really see (in the sample) that the two shades were seriously almost identical. That's how specific their shades are, so samples help.

Re: swatching shades on your arm: The shade "light-medium sand" swatched really dark on my arm once it oxidized, but when applied to my face and buffed in with an ELF brush (moisturized first always, but no primer) - it looked identical to "light sand" except it matched my skin tone EXACTLY. Like, it was my skin, but clear. I was amazed. It didn't settle into any lines below my forehead nor gave me dry patches, but I do moisturize prior. It also didn't gather at all in my deep creases in my forehead (which even happened with the tinted moisturizer). If I were to say 100% what I'd buy tonight - it will be "light medium sand" shade because it was an EXACT match and we are also going into spring/summer where my skin will get more exposed to the sun (so if it oxidized, I'd be covered). Wearing it today, I'm not finding that it oxidized on my face at all, compared to how bad it did on my arm. Very odd, but good.

Does this keep me as matte as I wanted? A little, but it is NOT sticky or tacky once set with powder. It's better than the tinted moisturizer, I can tell that right off the bat - so for that alone, I'm going to buy it, as well as it has coverage. But I was shiny by 10AM, so I blotted and then dusted with powder. I applied a small amount (small dots on my face) and buffed it into my skin - and it wasn't full coverage, which was great for me. So you can build this to full, if needed. It's lightweight, mousse-like, soft. A little went a long way on my face! My small sample is going to last me forever - so I can say that for the price, one of these bottles will last a long time for me. That's awesome.

Highly recommend tarte's amazonian clay line. It has never given me any issues with my skin, and I'm super sensitive (if I'm allergic/have issues, it happens within hours). Get a sample to try if you can!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product!
The coverage is amazing and it doesn't leave my skin looking cakey, it is also somewhat lightweight.
I would say the only downside would be the fact that sort of clings to dry flakes but, I found that by using the urban decay all nighter setting spray this problem no longer exists!

on 3/21/2017 5:16:00 PM

i went into ulta asking their opinion on what foundation to use for my extremely acne prone skin. they immediately recommended the Amazonian Clay foundation, so i had them match me and i brought it home. the very first day i wore it, i got frustrated because it made my skin so oily that no setting powder would work. i decided to keep wearing it in hopes that my skin would get used to it and it would work. after 1 month, it didn't. it made my face break out even worse than it was before. i do not recommend this product for anyone with cystic acne like myself. it's the worst!!

on 3/19/2017 2:53:00 PM

This foundation is literally the best coverage foundation I've used and I would say I'm totally addicted.
It lasts hours and the coverage is amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone.
However, I don't suggest it for everyday usage. Special occasions or weekends works best for me

on 3/11/2017 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If you have dry mature skin like me add a tiny drop of argan oil or your favorite to this and mix. It spreads beautiful without looking cakey. If you want fuller coverage you can always add another layer without adding anymore oil. This is so good for mature ladies with sensitive skin like me. No Parabens! One of the best mineral foundations on the market.