Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I tried this based on some YT videos and absolutely fell in love. When I first applied it I really thought it was going to be too heavy and waxy feeling for me. Its pretty thick because of the clay.

However, this blends into the skin beautifully. The coverage is amazing and definitely a full coverage. It doesn't feel tacky or too heavy once its on the skin and blended. I LOVE this foundation now and it is a staple in my makeup arsenal.

i quite like this product, sad it didnt work for the previous reviewer, but it just shows that everyones skin is so different i had on quite a moisturizing base today and my skin is pretty normal. i think this is only good for normal to super oily skin types. i wore the shade light medium neutral and it matched me so well. like i flipped the car mirror over and there was no tell tale sign of color difference. i also think that this is quite affordable for a high end brand bc its $39 for 50 ml or 1.7 fl oz usually its only 1 fl oz i believe theres 40 shades of this

on 10/1/2018 11:51:00 PM

i actually went out of my way to create an account to review this... THIS IS THE WORST FOUNDATION EVER! it gave me cystic acne... i was confused at first because i dont ever ever break out.. i model & have lots of makeup put on my skin almost every day & a makeup artist used this on me last week and i got two cycstic pimples.. i thought it may have been the oil that they sprayed on me but YESTERDAY same makeup was used on me.. and guess what. two more cystic pimples. so. ladies not worth ur money!!!

I have an odd skin color. I'm light to medium with yellow/peach undertones. I've tried them all including Fenty, Makeup Forever HD, and Double Wear and nothing matches me 100% except for this. Yes, it's thick and "moussey" as someone else stated but if you let it dry between layers it will cover everything. It's definitely worth using a moisturizing primer and a very good setting powder to get this to stay put. It's very thick and if you don't allow it to dry correctly it will slide off your face with the slightest touch of your hand.

The reason I will repurchase is that after much trial and error I've figured out how to wear it and because it's the only thing that matches 100%.

on 9/4/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a big fan of this foundation primarily because I have very dry skin & it seemed to make my skin even dryer. My chin seemed to get very irritated after the first use of this product almost making it feel as if it had burnt the skin. (again maybe that was because of how drying it was) It settled into my fine lines making me look older. If you have normal to oily skin this may be a good product to try. But I don't think it is very good if you have dry skin. Coverage seemed to last longer than some but definitely not as long as born this way does.

I hate this foundation and I cannot stress that enough!! This foundations texture is a thick mousses consistency and it feels very promising and and it goes on pretty thick and smoothly! The downside of this foundation is that it’s so thick and does not cover it also fades in a few hours which to me this is a waste of money! I own so double wear and I know some of you have compres this to double wear and let me just say there is no comparison! Double wear is a runny loud that dries quickly and this is a mousse that doesn’t dry and slips around on the face and does not stay put, I have pretty dry skin and I do tend to get an oily t zone but I have acne on my cheeks and let me just say this does not cover my acne like double wear does! This also tends to rub off if I put any type of concealer on it even if it’s a trate concealer! I really hate this product and if I could lose it I gladly would and not bother replacing it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first foundation I am returning and will not finish.

*** This is advertised as full coverage and it is NOT. Even when I build it, its only medium coverage.

It contains a lot of product, but that is because its a whipped mousse-like consistancy, its full of air and you need tons on your face. It fades terribly only after a few hrs and I have extremely dry skin, I cannot imagine how badly it would fade on someone with oily skin.

on 8/2/2018 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. Beats ELDW and Revlon ColorStay by a mile. Only con is the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't understand why people love this foundation so much. It left my skin looking flat. It was demolished after a few hours by my oily skin. It is like a tinted clay mask. Overhyped!!! I returned it to ULTA. I NEVER return things to Ulta.

on 6/21/2018 12:20:00 AM

I love this foundation. Its my new favorite and I reach for it instead of ELDW most days. The color is amazing and a perfect match for my NC 30 skin (I got the medium sand I think). its very yellow and blends well into my skin. This is definitely a medium coverage not full but can be built up. Not sure why this foundation is not more popular because I think its really amazing