Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 2/18/2017 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was my first experience with a full coverage foundation, and it was a good experience. I had to try a couple different ways to apply (stipple brush was may favourite) so it didn't go on too heavy, but it did the job, and set the bar for me for foundation longevity

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for this foundation, as I had heard many good things about it, but the texture of this product just does not work for my skin at all. The coverage is decent for about 10 minutes before it settles into and emphasises every pore, every dry patch, every tiny imperfection. I've tried applying it with my fingers, with a brush and with a dampened beauty blender, but it just will not sit on my skin right. I haven't had any issues as extreme as this with other foundations, and I'm really disappointed overall, especially considering that this product ain't cheap!

Amazing. HG foundation. I needed something full coverage and long lasting that wasn't incredibly drying. This foundation does all of these things! I apply with a beauty blender and also use the tarte timeless primer.. Love love love this. Great if you want full coverage with a little glow finish. Amazing.

I wanted to love this foundation. When I first used it, I liked it but as the day went on, it seemed to become cakey and oxidized. I am very fair, so maybe they just don't have a tone light enough for my skin. It also seemed to settle into my pores and dry spots even with a primer. It's very creamy, and my combo skin tends to like a lighter formulation much better, so maybe it would be good for a person with extremely oily skin all over. It also seemed to tend to make me break out in whiteheads around my chin. I will possibly try to rainforest of the sea foundation instead.

on 2/5/2017 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Bit of background on my skin: Acne-prone, very oily.
Other foundations I wear: Revlon's Colourstay in 180 Sand Beige, Laneige Pore Control BB Cushion in 23 Sand beige

I am "Fairly Light Neutral" in Tarte's amazonian clay 12h.

I like this foundation because it is full coverage and works well to control oil. I have very oily skin - after applying makeup, within 1.5 hours, the pores on my nose starts to excrete oil and will appear glossy. This foundation controls the appearance of oil. However, it doesn't last 12 hours as advertised. By the 8 hour, I can feel the foundation feeling mask-like and heavy on the face, with minor loss of coverage. In my opinion, for hot and humid climates, this foundation wears well for up to 5 hours.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good foundation, full coverage and has a satin matte finish yet non drying and is quite long wearing, almost true to its claim of 12 hour wear.
It kinds of feel heavy on the skin though and as for someone who rarely uses foundation, only use it on special occasions like me, yes it does feel heavy on the skin.
Oxidation tends to happen sometimes but nothing too crazy; it is not noticeable.
My only concern with this foundation is that it tends to have a white cast flashback from flash photography and that is because it has spf 15 in it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome! I have very oily skin, and most foundations tend to slide off my face. This stuff stays on all day and it keeps my face shine free. I applied this with a beauty blender and it worked pretty well with it. I will try it with a brush to see if it has a difference. So far, this is the best foundation I have ever used!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

How does this have so many negative reviews? I have very, dry, pale and freckley skin so it can be difficult to find a full-coverage foundation that doesn't cake and turn my face into a flakey, hot mess.

This foundation matches really well with my skin tone (light beige), buildable coverage and doesn't accentuate pores (provided you're using the right primer - I don't recommend the Tarte brand, it goes all bally and weird. I use Hourglass No28 Primer Serum). It lasts for a really long time, all day and night.

The only draw back of this product is it does tend to transfer, Australis' Banana Powder and UD Setting Spray seems to combat it pretty well, but I'm still on the hunt for a decent setting powder.

I will definitely buy this again.

on 1/23/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I mean it's okay, i was expecting to love this but it definitely isn't full coverage compared to any of my other foundations (urban decay all nighter, makeup forever matte velvet plus, kat Von D lock it) and it doesn't control my oil and transfers very easily especially around my nose it wears off a lot thought the day. it doesn't do well with any texture, I have some mild acne scaring and a few small hormonal breakouts but nothing too bad, I found this emphasized them since it wore off on the parts the needed coverage. It does go on very smooth and creamy matte at first though, for a little while it looks great, I want to keep trying this and make it work

So I have been using this for a few weeks now. First, let's start with my skin type. i've always been VERY oily, but the weather in my neck of the woods causes dryness. Basically, i'm at combination skin with the two extremes- super oily on my nose, next to my nose (butterfly, i think?), forehead, and all over my chin/around my lips. My dry areas are my cheeks and also a bit around my chin (can't figure this one out at all...). I have acne prone skin, redness, and scarring. yeah, not that great. Anyway, EVERY foundation i have ever tried ends up "lifting" off of my face- as in, the oil tends to push it off, therefor breaking it up, sinking into pores (still haven't figured that out... oh, i have large pores, too), fading, and looking cakey. I have to put on powder every two hours on the button or my makeup is screwed for the rest of the day. Sometimes blotting papers work, but they can dry out my skin and leave foundation looking tight or pulling it off all together. THIS is the ONLY foundation that hasn't lifted off of my skin within hours of application. I have super sensitive skin and this doesn't seem to break me out. it actually stays on. I've tried everything from Covergirl to ETDW... this is the only one that lasts. This is my first clay based foundation and i think it's probably the best foundation i have ever used. It keeps oily parts not oily but not dry, and isn't too bad with sticking to dry patches. I set with maybeline fit me matte + poreless. While my skin doesn't look perfect, it's probably the best combo i have found thus far. I wouldn't say it's full coverage- i think Rimmel Mousse STay Matte is the fullest (though this doesn't have nearly the lasting power), along with Urban decay all-nighter (transfers terribly) and Kate Von D (transfers even more) lock-it, but it's pretty freaking close, plus it ACTAULLY STAYS ON MY SKIN!!! And doesn't break me out. i was scared to try due to people having that complaint, but it was totally worth a shot- just got a sample from Sephora and have been sold since.