Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is not exactly a "full coverage" foundation - either it spreads well and sheers to about a medium (which I absolutely love) or I'm not applying it heavy enough (not gonna do because it looks cakey) or I need to do a second light coat over the areas I need/want more coverage (which I don't). My skin is dry and I'm not having any wear problems, in fact, I barely feel this foundation on my skin at all.
It's not as drying as I thought it would be, the "clay" in the title kinda scared me off but I tried some on in-store and liked how smoothly it went on, and I feel I can compensate for anything that mentions "oil control" by applying oil first or be well-hydrated (drinking lots of water and facial skin is in good shape.) I have used the Acure brand marula oil and argan oil, and the marula worked better because the marula is lighter and soaks in faster.
I like to keep a full coverage foundation in my stash for special occasions and if I can use it as a concealer, even better. My preferred full coverage foundation to use as a concealer is Clinique continuous coverage, but after the many years it's been around I've been expanding my search for something newer and better, thus this purchase. Unfortunately the Tarte amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage is too drying to use around my eye area.
To sum up my experience, I get an 11+ hour day from this, but find this a touch drying without proper prepping (face oil and being well hydrated inside and out). It spreads well and sets in a generous amount of time to allow for proper blending, with little to no transferring throughout the day. I am saying a "no" to a re-buy because I will probably try something different when this is used up / in need of tossing.

on 9/24/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this product! Full coverage, with a setting spray this easily lasts all day for me, I have extra oily skin, and this foundation is very matte, on dryer skin the coverage may differ from mine. I also really appreciate cruelty free makeup brands

Thumbs down. The packaging broke the second week of ownership. The colors are too dark, however, there seems to still be limited shades for women of color. It claims full coverage, but it's only medium coverage, and at the same time, it looks like you're wearing a ton of makeup even while laying a small amount. If you have oily skin, it will break apart during the day. If you have dry skin, it will emphasize wrinkles. It also oxidizes a shade or two, so if you can, go 1 to 2 shades lighter. I gave it two stars because you get 1.7 ounces instead of 1 ounce.

on 9/19/2017 7:30:00 PM

This is really the only matte foundation that plays nice with my skin issues. Normally matte clings to dry spots and brings out all my fine lines, pores, and developing wrinkles. This, however, stands out from the rest. I wouldn't recommend setting this foundation with a powder, I feel like this is one of these foundations that look fine with a dewiness that develops from my natural oils throughout the day, so I'd only set it with a spray. VERY buildable coverage. With a sponge, it seems like it doesn't cover too much of my dark spots and I feel like i have to add more and build it up but with a brush, whew! Totally covers all of my imperfections with little amounts. If you have a beauty blender and youre unsatisfied, try buying an elf brush (I use this brush and love it) and it should give you results you were hoping for as far as coverage goes. Love the shade range, honestly it was kind of hard for me to really get my shade right so don't be discouraged! I love that the box it comes in tells you the skintone and undertone of the foundation i.e. "Medium Tan Honey (Medium to Tan skin with Peach Undertones). Totally helped me assess my shade since sometimes lighting can be tricky when applied at ulta or sephora. I've gone back to this foundation a few times, and now have it as my lighter shade when I'm not as tan.

I tried to get along with this foundation but it hates me. It's so unforgiving on your skin, accentuates everything your trying to cover. Sticks in loose skin, oxidises and goes cakey. Nose, lips eyes, the finest of lines get accentuated. Pores even look weird, enlarged and the foundation clumps up in them. I'm a monster in this foundation lol. Also have a sneaking suspicion it's making my acne worse. Just one day of this Crap on my skin I get cystic popping through in the evening, which I have a problem with anyways, but I don't need it adding fuel to the fire

on 9/12/2017 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For a full coverage foundation, I think it does not deliver well. It is medium coverage at best even after layering. One thing I do applaud on is the fact that this formula does not budge. I went travelling around town in the humid weather of South East Asia with this and the foundation stays put. Plus compared to other foundations, this one has more product with 50ml against other foundations that only have around 30-35ml per package.

on 9/7/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Its ok, nothing special, I still end up looking like an oily mess after 3 -4 hours. Have to keep dabbing my face with powder throughout the day! I wouldn't waste my money on this, if you have oily skin rather buy Revlon Colourstay, its amazing for oily skin, the only downside is the colour selection otherwise, it's almost like am improved formula of Estee Lauder, does not oil or cake up but also does not block your pores like Estee Lauder!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

A friend of mine loves this but I do not care for it. Goes on like paste and doesn't cover as well as I imagined. I will use it only to get my money's worth.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't love this foundation but I don't hate it. It has a mousse-like consistency and is pretty thick in my opinion. The coverage is pretty good, I have some acne dark spots & this foundation covered them pretty well. It definitely works well with oily skin- the first time I tried it out, I applied it at around 10 AM and at night time, my face didn't look oily nor did the foundation move around on my skin. I think the thickness of this product is what turns me off, although it doesn't feel too thick on your face. I'm not sure exactly what it is about this foundation but I'm just not in love with it

on 9/1/2017 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I loved this product when I first began to use it a few months ago, but the more I bought it the more i realized how thick the formula was, how patchy it was, and it made my skin look super dry. I really wanted to like this foundation but it just never worked on my skin no matter what primer I used under. definitely not a summer foundation, if anything this would be good for winter..