Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely adore this product. Originally got it in an Ipsy bag and the shade was a tad too yellow but I loved the product. Bought the full size in the correct shade (one with more of a pink undertone). This product makes my skin look flawless and lasts all day when paired with UD All Nighter. Blends easily and definitely hides imperfections without looking caked on or too heavy.

on 1/27/2019 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-The palest shade is pale enough to look very natural on me and I'm NC10.
-It doesn't emphasize any fine lines.

Cons:
-Sheer to medium coverage...I sure as hell wasn't that. It doesn't cover any of my redness from rosacea & I feel like I wore a generous amount.
-Doesn't fully dry down despite being advertised as matte
-Even powdered, it still wore off quickly in patches.

This is not worth the price tag. I'd be willing to invest $50 for a HG foundation but this was awful.

on 12/26/2018 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Foundation shades i use : revlon 150 buff, kat von d 43 light, nc15-20, too faced in snow, fair sand in tarte.

I have oily skin and thought this might work well. When i first applied it, it was beautiful. Though I'm prone to dry patches, this foundation doesn't emphasize my dryness. But in hot humid weather, this slides off fast ! Would not recommend it as a long lasting foundation. Better off with revlon colorstay. But it is a good match for my skin tone since I'm yellow based and it's hard to find a foundation in my shade.

on 11/28/2018 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I only bought this is because my esthetician gawked when I said I use drugstore makeup. I thought my L'Oreal Pro-Matte was serving me well. This is better in a few ways. It's a little drier, which works out well for me because I just switched to a more moisturizing sunscreen, and my skin is already oily. Although it is very matte, it still doesn't look bone dry or cakey when applied with a sponge. It has a beautiful airbrush-quality finish that hides all my pores. It says full coverage, but I would call it medium. The amount you would need to build it to full coverage would just slide off your face. I also think I've broken out less since I've started using it, so it seems to be good for acne-prone skin.

I really love this foundation! I have a very difficult time committing to foundations and typically switch from product to product hoping for better results. However, this is my holy grail foundation! My skin looks flawless and silky smooth. I have a lot of redness and it covers everything so beautifully. I even have a light scar spanning the length of my forehead and it covers that up so easily! I only use a little bit of primer on my nose where I'm super oily and a hydrating primer/setting spray both before and after applying. This foundation stays on all day and doesn't budge from my face nor does it separate on my nose!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I tried this based on some YT videos and absolutely fell in love. When I first applied it I really thought it was going to be too heavy and waxy feeling for me. Its pretty thick because of the clay.

However, this blends into the skin beautifully. The coverage is amazing and definitely a full coverage. It doesn't feel tacky or too heavy once its on the skin and blended. I LOVE this foundation now and it is a staple in my makeup arsenal.

i quite like this product, sad it didnt work for the previous reviewer, but it just shows that everyones skin is so different i had on quite a moisturizing base today and my skin is pretty normal. i think this is only good for normal to super oily skin types. i wore the shade light medium neutral and it matched me so well. like i flipped the car mirror over and there was no tell tale sign of color difference. i also think that this is quite affordable for a high end brand bc its $39 for 50 ml or 1.7 fl oz usually its only 1 fl oz i believe theres 40 shades of this

on 10/1/2018 11:51:00 PM

i actually went out of my way to create an account to review this... THIS IS THE WORST FOUNDATION EVER! it gave me cystic acne... i was confused at first because i dont ever ever break out.. i model & have lots of makeup put on my skin almost every day & a makeup artist used this on me last week and i got two cycstic pimples.. i thought it may have been the oil that they sprayed on me but YESTERDAY same makeup was used on me.. and guess what. two more cystic pimples. so. ladies not worth ur money!!!

I have an odd skin color. I'm light to medium with yellow/peach undertones. I've tried them all including Fenty, Makeup Forever HD, and Double Wear and nothing matches me 100% except for this. Yes, it's thick and "moussey" as someone else stated but if you let it dry between layers it will cover everything. It's definitely worth using a moisturizing primer and a very good setting powder to get this to stay put. It's very thick and if you don't allow it to dry correctly it will slide off your face with the slightest touch of your hand.

The reason I will repurchase is that after much trial and error I've figured out how to wear it and because it's the only thing that matches 100%.

on 9/4/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a big fan of this foundation primarily because I have very dry skin & it seemed to make my skin even dryer. My chin seemed to get very irritated after the first use of this product almost making it feel as if it had burnt the skin. (again maybe that was because of how drying it was) It settled into my fine lines making me look older. If you have normal to oily skin this may be a good product to try. But I don't think it is very good if you have dry skin. Coverage seemed to last longer than some but definitely not as long as born this way does.