Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 35

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF 35

3.7

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 12%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.35%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Naphthalate, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Methicone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Cetearyl Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Methylisothiazolinone

on 3/26/2018 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I have acne prone skin that leans on the oily side, and I CAN USE THIS. Its a miracle, no less, to find something I can use at the Drugstore. I have tried many, many sunscreens btw. On cool weather I put makeup straight on top of it; when its very hot out (85F degrees and up) I powder it a little with NYX HD loose silica powder to give it a soft matte finish and then put my makeup on. Just like the Wayne Goss method of priming with powder. My makeup looks beautiful all day. It doesn't break me out. It doesn't leave a white cast. ITS FRAGRANCE-FREE. Its $11.99. It has a pump.

This doesn't have a matte finish but its not oily, shiny and gross like most US drugstore sunscreens. this lies somewhere between a natural matte finish and a dewy, oily finish. Most of the time I put nothing under it, because its a moisturizer with sunscreen. It has a lotion texture, so layering another lotion underneath will be too much for oily skin. I do often put a serum or a pea sized amount of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Fragrance free gel cream underneath on a damp face though; when that absorbs I put oil free moisture spf 35 on top.

I dont use this under my eyes, I use Clinique City block spf 40 there. My eyes tear up with most sunscreens so I have to use a separate mineral spf or mineral/chemical combo there. Why dont I use the mineral spf all over my face? Because my oily skin breaks down mineral sunscreen unattractively, and it often gives my makeup a cracked look, as well as leave a whitecast. Also every mineral sunscreen I have tried clogs my pores a little.

I love this affordable option, I would recommend it to anybody as the formula is very middle of the road texture wise and moisture wise. If you have oily acne prone skin, definitively give it a try. This doesn't break me out and wears great under my makeup which normally is Maybelline Superstay foundation topped with Coty Airspun Extra coverage powder, and color powder products.

I will repurchase :))

on 3/6/2018 4:52:00 PM

I have been using this product on and off for a couple of years now. I bought it because normal face sunscreens feel really heavy on my skin and the oil free part is what grabbed my attention. I have really sensitive skin in that it is so reactive to hormonal breakouts. I have spent fortunes trying moisturizers and throwing them away after one use because they have broken me out a few hours later with cystic acne.
This one has never done that plus it soaks in easily and doesn't leave me with a heavy sticky white residue. I live in California and I spend a lot of time outside so broad spectrum sun protection is really important. The price of this drug store cream plus it's light simple formula means I can layer it on really thick every morning and lunch time and I have not once burnt. People comment on what excellent condition my skin is in and I know it is because I can pile this stuff on and not get those harmful rays on my face. It also works well under make up and I use it under an oil free BB cream that also has SPF.
I knocked 1 lippie off of packaging only because it's not the most glamorous bottle to have on my vanity. However it is practical and I like the pump as it keeps it fresh and hygienic.
Thumbs up on this! I think I am on like my 10th bottle or something like that.

on 1/16/2018 3:36:00 AM

This is my daytime moisturizer and it does the job. It doesnt make me greasy and i actually like the smell. It wears great under makeup. Cant go wrong with simple cheap drugstore sunscreen/moisturizer.

Edit- this made my skin a bit congested on my chin (where i always break out testing new products) i might be allergic to spf or get irritated. My bf has ezcema and he likes this moisturizer so idk....its not bad and does what an spf oil free moisturizer should do, i personally get bumps from anything with spf so if you do too this id skip.

on 9/2/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after realizing I needed to wear moisturizer despite my oily skin. Normally in the summer, I wear an oil-free sunscreen only, but I found my skin would look patchy once I had foundation on. So, I picked this moisturizer as I've used other Neutrogena products and haven't had issues with breakouts. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this! On days when I don't wear makeup, my skin stays relatively oil-free. When I didn't wear anything, my skin would look like an oil slick by noon! I still need to blot by 3:00 or so when I wear foundation (Estée Lauder Double Wear), but not too bad. I love that it has a high SPF and it doesn't smell like suntan lotion. I wish it were a little thinner, but I think that's the sunscreen. I think this stuff will be great in the winter when my skin is a little less oily.

on 6/4/2015 11:08:00 AM

love this moisturizer! i was looking for a oil free face moisturizer with SPF to work into my summer skincare regime and picked this up. Love it. Doesn't have a SPF smell to it, feels light on skin and doesn't interfere with my makeup. I usually let this set for 5 minutes then apply my primer, wait another few minutes and go about the rest of my makeup application.

I guess my only gripe is you don't get alot of product. But a little pump is all you need.

Def will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I picked this up because I couldn't find my HG Mario Badsecu Oil-Free SPF30 moisturizer anywhere and while it makes my skin look great on those days I go makeup free it does not play well at all with any of my foundations. I've been stuck with separating foundation and its not a pretty sight. I usually blot a few minutes after applying this moisturizer then I apply a primer...wait a another few minutes before applying my foundation. But two hours later I'm staring at separated foundation. I will never stray again.

on 2/9/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this moisturizer and use it every day. It has broad spectrum SPF 35 so I do not have to apply an extra SPF. Usually SPFs break me out or make my skin itchy, but this one doesn´t. It is very light weight, yet moisturizes enough for the daytime. No frills or additions, just a simple good moisturizer with SPF that will not irritate or break out my skin, perfect!

on 11/15/2014 12:22:00 PM

Great moisturizer to use! Being oil-free, it doesn't cause my skin to break out, which is great in trying to manage acne. It also has SPF so that's a nice component to protect your skin against the sun.
However in the winter, I find this may not be enough, especially on the really cold and windy days (then I would substitute another moisturizer).
The price is pretty affordable and it's easily found in Walmart and Shoppers Drug Mart where I live.

One of my favorite sunblocks. Perfect for face and body. No white residue.

on 8/29/2014 12:33:00 PM

I've used this moisturizer for years now (first the SPF 15 and now the 35) and I love it! I have oily but dry skin which is sometimes hard to deal with, and it's important to me to wear SPF on my face every day and I love that this product combines my moisturizer and SPF into one product. 3/4 pumps is enough for my entire face and neck.

Pros:
-price is very reasonable ($12-14)
-dispenser can be closed for traveling and you can remove the top to get the last bits of product when empty
-high SPF
- absorbs into my skin quickly
-I live in a humid climate, so moisture level is just right for me

Cons:
-can be hard to find in a store, easier to buy online

Love this stuff!