Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Misbehaved

Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Misbehaved

on 3/17/2014 11:22:00 AM

I read these strips had staying power - even for competitive swimmers! I found this design on clearance (99¢!), so I thought if give it a try. The design is neutral enough that it doesn't look gaudy, even when applied to every nail. It took about an hour to apply, and I did use a top coat. After an hour of swimming, the polish stayed intact! After a week, which included yet another hour of swimming, there was minimal wear. Since the design and color is subtle, it was hardly noticeable. $10 retail is a little steep for one application, but if you have short nails you can cut the strips in half for two applications. Will definitely buy again if the price is right!

on 10/18/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ok, so here goes. I love and can do my toes like nobody's business. However, I am too impatient or something for my hands. I was able to get a gel manicure and was sold until I did the math. Just cant afford it but I want my nails done.
I checked the reviews..thought i would try this. Pretty dern easy, imo.
I was weirded out until i realized there is a clear film that has to come off to get the polish to really smooth out over my nail...once i figured this little bit out it got much easier!!
I just did them so I cannot review how long they will last.
I will try to post a pic. I did take the advice on putting on a top coat.

on 7/15/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first time I tried these the reason being is because the price is a little to pricey for me but I got these for $5 so I said meh why not!? Im happy I got them I'm not a pro on putting them on yet they look a little crappy but they are easy to apply I just didnt do a good job it was my fault..but love the staying power and also the design..woohoo..so far so good it's been 3 days and they are still looking good...Imma try more of these... =)

on 9/21/2011 11:52:00 AM

I was so, so skeptical of these, being a polish lover and thinking that there would be no way 'stickers' could be durable or look like a real manicure. Consider me a convert! I waited to review these until I'd had them on for a few days, and it's now day 4 and there are NO signs of chipping! And I type all day, cook in the evenings and wash my hands constantly - even OPI usually chips at the tips for me by day 4 with the abuse I heap on my manicures. But these are still going strong!

I love the fishnet pattern over the champagne gold of 'Misbehaved'. They were a little bit tedious to apply, but I wouldn't say difficult at all. And I love that they were 'dry' instantly instead of having to wait for 2-3 coats of polish to dry as I normally do. I did put one coat of OPI's Top Coat over them just for added protection (as recommended by the sales gal at Ulta). I've gotten tons of compliments on them so far!

I suppose they are a little pricey for a 1-use item, but if you think about what you'd pay for nail art in a salon manicure, I think the price is justifiable. I'm eager to try 'Laced Up' and other patterns, but I don't think I'd spend the money for the plain, solid-colored Salon Effects, since I can get a similar look quite easily with regular polish.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said in the review below mine - but I just wanted to show my support for this product! I never thought I'd be into "nail art", but this pattern was too hard to resist.
Misbehaved is an awesome fishnet black design over a champagne/gold color that is absolutely subtle enough for everyday wear. Strangers have noticed and complimented them and asked how they were done...when I told them they were these stickers they were very surprised!
Application was not at all as bad as I had read online, took about 30 minutes to do all ten fingers and for the most part, the stickers fit my nails perfectly.
The best part of all is that I have had these on for the last 6 days and only NOW am I just starting to see a little bit of wear near my cuticles. Not even any tip wear though and I am active all day with my hands! I did do a topcoat and have touched that up every few days with that so maybe that has helped, but either way I LOVE these things.

on 10/10/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite design! Love the look

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

These are great, I absolutely love them! This is my favorite pattern, it's the one with the gold background and black fishnet design over it. My one tip is to use acetone on a brush to seal the edge, so it doesn't lift. Just apply a bit of acetone all around the edge. But don't try this trick on any of the solid colored ones, because it will make the color bleed and you'll be able to see the white underneath. Works great with the patterns and glitters though!
I also use a slow drying top coat on these to help with the wear.

on 7/8/2011 12:19:00 PM

I love these so much! This was the first package I had picked up of these...they were so easy to apply (it just took a little time and patience) and they lasted me a bit longer than a week. The design was great (sparkly champagne with black fishnet pattern) and they came off well with regular polish remover. Whenever I want patterned nail art I go straight for these! An excellent product.