Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

Boots  No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation
Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte foundation

4.2

Taken from U.S. National Library of Medicine (dailymed.nlm.nih.gov) Active ingredients: Octinoxate 5% Titanium Dioxide 1.6% Inactive ingredients: aqua (water), cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, alcohol denat, nylon 6/12, glycerin, cyclohexsiloxane, zinc oxide, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, PEG PPG 19/19 dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4- isostearate, propylene carbonate,lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate cross polymer, salicylic acid, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, lens esculenta fruit extract, stearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, potassium hydroxide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl glucoside, tetrasodium edta, isopropyl palmitate, methylparaben, lecithin, ethylparaben, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, dimethoxyl chromanol, ethylhexylglycerin, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, BHT, tocopherol, may contain CI 77891 (titanium dioxide).

on 10/22/2016 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love everything about this product except the color selection. I am a NC30 in MAC for reference and I purchase this boots foundation in cool ivory. This shade looks so ashy on my skin, every time I wear it I look like I haven't seen the sun in months! So I always ended up using a good amount of blush and bronzer when I use this foundation. All the other shades were either too dark and just as cool/ashy. Overall, good coverage and definitely kept my oily skin controlled throughout most of the day. It is better at oil control than a lot of my high end foundations (stila, MUFE, MAC), however the color is just ugly on me. Wish they would make more color selections. Since it's almost fall and winter where I live, I don't need the oil control as bad so I ended up not reaching for this foundation as much.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first foundation I have purchased.The match made service was brilliant, the foundation matches my skin tone perfectly. Coverage is light to medium, I still needed quite a bit of concealer to cover my spots and scars.(I also purchased the concealer as it was half price). As I have oily skin,the foundation did begin to disappear after a few hours but overall,it was a decent foundation.

To Read all 87 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am on my second bottle of this foundation - so clearly I loved the first bottle: even + full coverage, matte skin for hours, easy application due to its creamy texture and the pump built in to the container that is much more efficient than most other liquid foundation packaging. However, something weird has been happening with this second bottle that leaves me questioning whether I can even use this product anymore: The foundation began sinking into the pores of my nose and cheeks, making them more obvious and much larger than they naturally are!! Plus, after having blended the foundation all over my face for literally 20-25 minutes, there were patches of powdery, dried foundation on my forehead, eyebrows and cheeks, with the other areas of my face seeming to not have anything there. This has happened more than once since I purchased this second bottle.

So I am going to try different application tools (brush, sponge, fingers, etc.) as well as different primers and moisturizers, in hopes this will bring back the foundation I thought I was purchasing... To be continued...

on 6/10/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is a miracle!
I have tried so many different foundations and this is the only one I have used until finished & then rebought.
I have tricky skin, as it is light olivewith redness and scarring on my cheeks. I previously bought this in Warm Ivory. When I finished the first bottle, Airbrush Away had just come out and was advised for that, unfortunately I did not like this as much as although it gave great texture, the coverage and consistency was not as nice. I then rebought Beautifully matte and I am so glad I did!
The product is so thick and pigmented but blends so lovely, giving great medium/full coverage. Some people on here have said the coverage is not as full as they would like but I would disagree, only one small pump will cover one side of my face, and can be layered in areas to get a fuller coverage- all my redness and acne scars are covered!
I apply this with my Anastasia Beverly Hills oval brush, and it works a treat, this foundation blends so seamlessly and does not at all look cakey or flat. Can also be applied with a dense brush like a kabuki or a good buffing brush like the Real Techniques one to a nice effect.
The overall finish is matte, but does not flatten your face, for me, it stays on from when I leave the house in the morning to when I come home in the evening with just minor touch ups with powder on my T zone, however this will differ depending on how oily you get.
Overall, I can't recommend this foundation enough, it's an absolute saviour to someone like me who has suffered with very badly scarred skin and acne as it does not look cakey or enhance any bumpiness or pores, very very lovely!
Only downside I can see is that there is not a massive range in colours so may not suit someone very pale or perhaps very dark.

on 6/1/2016 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As I'm Asian ethnicity, its great to find an lower priced foundation which suits my skin tone.

It blends well and is a easonably good match for my complexion. However I would not say that it gives a medium coverage, probably a light to medium would be a better description.

As I have oily t-zone, I find it disappears after a few hours - this is where Mac studio finish is better suited to my complexion, it lasts longer and gives better coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm let down that there are no shades for pale skinned ladies! The lightest shade is super tan. Besides that the foundation is great, but the shade range is severely limited.

on 5/22/2016 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow!! Where can I begin to rave about this foundation?? I kinda just bought it out of desperation (I ran out of my regular and couldn't make it to Sephora). I looked up best reviewed drug store foundations, and this one caught my eye. It is sold at Target and at around 12 dollars, it is a bargin for the awesome product that it is. I was very skeptical that any drug store foundation could ever be one of my HG, but I'm happy to say boots no7 provided me wrong. It comes in a pump style bottle, which I love because I can control how much product I will be using that day. The coverage is a matte formula and can be medium to full, depending on the coverage you are looking for. What I truly love is that you can build this up with your foundation brush then your beauty blender and it never looks overdone or caked on. It never feels overwhelming on my face and my face still feels like it can breath. It doesn't dry immediately, so you have enough time to truly blend the product, but once dry, it stays put. I have gotten more compliments using this foundation (with a little MUFE concealer and MAC blotting powder) than with even the most expensive foundation I have ever used. most importantly it has not caused me any blemishes or allergic reactions. I have used without a primer and it last quiet a long time till my T-zone needs a retouch. I imagine using a good primer would prolong the matte finish of the foundation. I will definitely be buying this again. I recommend to all the ladies with oily, combo, and acne prone skin.

on 4/5/2016 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation at Target for $14.99. I was looking for a matte foundation that I hadn't tried before and I had tried nearly all of the regular drugstore brand matte foundations and none were what they promised. I try to not cross the $10 threshold, but considering the reviews I read and that it was in a pump bottle and could get a lot of use from it, I decided to splurge. I get asked all the time if I'm wearing foundation because my skin looks perfect and like I'm not wearing foundation at all.

This is BY FAR the BEST foundation I've used. I chose this one for several reasons and I wasn't disappointed:

1. It's a matte foundation.

2. It has SPF 15. I know that's not a lot, but I refuse to buy foundation without SPF and it's not the easiest to find a matte foundation with SPF.

3. It comes in a pump bottle. One thing I hate is trying to shake down foundation in the bottom of a bottle when you're almost out.

And reasons why I've come to LOVE it:

1. While it doesn't stay 100% shine free as it promises, it's so much better than others. I usually have to gently pat my face with a napkin or oil absorbing tissue once about half-way through the day.

2. The texture it perfect. I use 2 pumps to cover my entire face then I build up in a couple different small places.

3. It's very buildable and doesn't transfer, crack, or look cakey when you build it up... it looks just like skin.

Definitely would recommend!

I saw a lot of good reviews so I gave this a go in Calico colour (the lightest)

the coverage is quite good but for that very reason staying power is important because where it comes off you can really tell.

I was promised staying power and I didn't get staying power.

The colour looked good in the shop but I since, I thought it made me look weird, like I look dead, I've read other reviews that say similar, I thought I was going crazy.

I've decided it's a little dark for me, I have pale skin and although I can get away with this colour (maybe?), I shouldn't have to, I want a perfect match.

I break out and I did notice that this makes me break out more on days that I wear it than days that I don't, and I noticed that toner always hurts more after wearing this than on days when I don't.

I was told by No7 if I had any issues to go back and they'd sort me out, so, I did go back, and they were quite difficult about putting it right, I was waiting AGES, and they were trying to push me away saying they don't do a lighter shade, but eventually they let me trade it for other products (powder and nail polish).

I'm going to be using Revlon Colorstay in ivory instead now.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried countless foundations ranging from Cover Girl to Estee Lauder and everything in between! I'm always on the hunt for a matte foundation that will control oil and stay put. I really wanted to find a foundation that really did what it claimed, and I think I found the one. Yes, I do wear a primer (Smashbox pore minimizing) and a setting powder (Mac blot powder) but even without these extra fixings, the foundation still stays on and controls shine. Yes, it's not perfect, I still need to blot my T-zone and what not, but definitely the best liquid foundation I've used so far. The shades run dark, I'm their lightest shade, "cool vanilla" and I'm certainly not the fairest of the fairest skin. So keep that in mind if you're very fair. The pump dispenser is also great!