2 Grrrls Dawn Eyes Cosmetics -- Noble Metal

No Image

1 review

on 6/25/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: Described on the Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site as "brassy gold loaded with silver sparkle that takes on an aurora borealis look under certain light," I had a completely different experience when it was on my lids. First, though, I must say that the quality, in terms of finish, pigmentation, and texture, of DEC shadows is very consistent, which is an important thing to establish from the start. I prefer these shadows applied (patted) over Pixie Epoxy, and with all colors I'm still getting the same rich, metallic finish, which I personally absolutely adore.
Applied over Fyrinnae PE: I took off one lippie only because the DEC description was so different from how it looked on me. Noble Metal threw slightly (warm) gold-pea green on me and thus is not suitable for my coloring (MAC NC15 to 20.:-( I
Where did I buy this: Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site (http://www.dawneyescosmetics.com/). Shipping is really fast, and there's a unique feature on the site: "raw photos." There's a link under each color that shows photos (in a new window) that are blurred and/or taken in different lighting so you can see all aspects of that particular color's sparkle and other properties! Brilliant help in choosing the right color!
Price: Average among most indie start-ups: $1.00 for a generous 1/16-teaspoon sample; $6 for full size (5-g sifter jar [1.2 to 1.5 g net wt]).
Packaging: Actually really great: a sturdy, thick, *small* zip-lock sample baggie. I like that it's square, not an annoyingly deep rectangle like Meow samples, a pet peeve of mine when buying samples.
Would I buy again: I probably won't use this sample up, nor would I buy more. However, on someone who has Spring or Fall coloring, it would be beautiful (I'm a Summer). continued >>

Popular Eye Shadows