MAC Big Bounce in Impeccably Rich

MAC Big Bounce in Impeccably Rich

on 11/9/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Unlike many others (bloggers etc.), I actually ended up loving the Big Bounce Shadows. When applying the product I prefer to use a flat synthetic shader brush, pick up as little product as possible, and instead of sweeping it on I like to pat it on. This way the colour will be much more vibrant as oppose to sheer. However, this product will crease on its own as well as under regular eyeshadows, so I'd recommend to use a primer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, you HAVE to use a primer under this creme. I bought this wanting something not so chalky as the shadesticks. I do like this a lot because it brings out the eyeshadows you wear on top. However, the one thing I have to complain about is the staying power. If you're planning on wearing this on a night out.. just don't. It's great as an everyday wear but not something I would recommend wearing all day and all night. The packaging does kind of suck because if you're not careful it can get messy. I would tell everyone to try it at least. I think it's something new and different from the paints and shadesticks. Maybe you'll even like the Big Bounce better....I at least do.

on 8/23/2011 5:26:00 PM

I think the major problem with this product is the packaging. It is like a sheer liquid/creme shadow that would usually be sold in a tube with a doe foot applicator but instead MAC put it into a pot. The application can be sloppy but if you keep the plastic lid liner and just use a dab of product on your finger, it is incredibly beautiful OVER other eye shadows. Using it by itself is not a good use of the product.

This color is really pretty and could go over anything you wanted to warm up with a sparkle. It makes a great underbrow highlighter and is very pretty on the lid as well. But again, OVER another shadow. Using it on its own is just not going to work very well. MAC is expecting that its clients are more makeup savvy and will look at the products attributes for what it can do rather than what it is not.

That said, I think MAC did the product a disservice by placing it into a container that made it difficult for the average make-up user (me included) to use. And because it looks like a paint pot people want it to behave like a paint pot which it clearly isn't. Bad planning but not a bad product. It just depends on how hard you want to work to do your makeup. I have several and like them as used as I described but probably would have done better in a different package. I will bet they will be discontinued and re-marketed in a tube.

on 6/25/2011 9:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I can't believe these Big Bounce shadows have not been reviewed sooner! I have been wearing less powder eyeshadows because I find that some mornings, it just takes too much effort and time. I have always enjoyed cream eyeshadows and have adored MAC Paints & Paint Pots.
I read different reviews online that Big Bounce eyeshadows were messy, hard to apply and didn't stay put, but a friend of mine convinced me to try them out.
I was immediately drawn to Impeccably Rich, which is a beautiful shimmering champagne/gold, perfect for the summer and makes my eyes pop. I use Too Faced Eye Shadow as a base (have never been a UDPP fan) and apply with a MAC #242 brush all over the lid and lightly blend to my brow bone with fingers. I give it a couple of minutes to set before I apply eyeliner and mascara and it's good to go. I applied this at 6:30am and at 10pm that night, it was still there, looking as good as it did after I just applied it. I did find that even after rubbing my eyes a few times during the day, a little shimmer came off on my fingers, but my eyes still looked great.
I do think using an eyeshadow primer is the key to making the product go on properly and to adhere to your eyelids.
I think the packaging is a bit messy, it looks like the Fluidline container and the consistency is very mousse like. If you dropped this, you would definitely make a mess. They come with plastic discs and I will not throw it away, just because it has a tendency to spill without it.
Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase, especially how easy it is to apply and that it still looks great hours later.