Essence Cover Stick

3.4

PPG-2 MYRISTYL ETHER PROPIONATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, ZINC OXIDE, TALC, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), PARAFFIN, SYNTHETIC WAX, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, FARNESOL, ALLANTOIN, BISABOLOL, POLYETHYLENE, BHT, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 42090 (BlUE 1), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Price: Really affordable.
Formula: Too dry. (especially for people with dry skin)
Coverage: Not really.
Not many shades available. (none for people with yellow undertones)

am i so lucky? i found the exact color of my skin (04 true nude)and even though its kinda hard to apply i love it cause its a good everyday coverstick (for small skin breakouts) and its 100% matte. also really affordable!

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

Even though it's cheap, the quality is just awful! It doesn't conceal and it's hard to apply. The packaging is also very cheap looking.

First off, I have pretty good skin (normal/combination). Minor dark circles, and just a few slightly discolored marks from old acne. This concealer covers okay, I apply CC Cream before I dab it on. Does its job, works nicely for the undereye area as long as you apply your CC/BB cream or moisturizer beforehand. Coverage is medium, not for those who need full coverage. But if you have relatively good skin, this will do. Lasts all day, does not fade or flake on me. I have the lightest shade and I use it to highlight my upper cheeks and nose, it works, and looks good. Comparable to Revlon Photoready stick concealer which I also use, I would go for either.

I did not like this concealer at all. I found that the product was very hard and dry making it difficult to apply. It looked extremely cakey anywhere on my face and it also creased under my eyes. It also has a poor range of shades.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
-Conceals fairly well
-Cheap price
-Blends well

Cons:
-Pretty dry formula (which isn't too bad I guess)
-Only about 3 shades available (not a con for me, I found my shade)
-Runs out very fast

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not much coverage, not many shades available, not too keen on this product.

It is cheap - it feels cheap. It does have a nice shade that perfectly fits my skintone. I just don't like it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I didn't like this concealer. It just made me cakey without covering that much. I never use it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Practically no coverage unless you want to build it up. Can't expect much for, what 2?
Tried it on blemishes, unevenness, under my eyes (where it settled into fine lines immediately). I don't know why I keep trying with this.
To get any coverage I have to really build it up, spend minutes blending the edges, and then applying more foundation or powder to get it to look even.
Pass.