Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream No. 18 - Lilac

1 review

on 12/21/2012 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This cream shadow looked so pretty on my hand when I swatched it in stores, but on my eyes it's a totally different story. It's not very pigmented, applies patchily, and clumps up on the eyelid even with one thin layer. I've tried applying it with multiple different brushes and my fingers and putting it over different bases and primers, but nothing seems to make this shadow work. The worst thing about it is that it makes my eyelids look flaky because of the way the pigment clumps together. In fact, the texture is so dry that it gave my monolid eyes a crease, which is unheard of. I have another Aqua Cream in #23 (lime green), and that one is super pigmented, creamy, and a dream to work with. I don't know if it's this particular shade having a bad formula or if I got a bad pot. I can't even use it as an eyeshadow base because it looks so flaky and dry and makes anything I put on top of it look disgusting too. The only thing it has going for it is the great staying power, but it looks so bad that I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe if you have oily eyelids this might work for you.

Top Rated Eye Shadow