Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream No. 18 - Lilac

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

2.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely beautiful lilac - lavender color. It is definitely on a paler side with some silver and iridescent blue particles shining through it.

Even though I do prefer the quality of Paint Pots by MAC - this Aqua Cream has such a nice unique color that I have not seen anywhere else, well not in a cream form.

The formulation is quite good and long lasting. This is a waterproof product that will last for the most part - all day long and I believe it is better to keep the lid tightly closed so it won't dry out fast.

One con I have to mention is the odd smell of the product. Don't know if it is just mine, but it does smell a bit of some chemical, which won't transfer to the skin - yet the pot smells funny.

For more in-depth review and makeup tips on this product head here:

I purchased the aqua cream in No. 18 (lilac) after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it in one of her videos called "pick me up makeup (all about reviving your look after a late night out). I have green eyes, and loved the color in the store. When I got it home to try out, it made my green eyes pop like no one's business. All I needed was this on my lids, some black eyeliner, and I was out the door.

BUT, because I'm trying really hard to use products without so many chemicals and preservatives in them, I decided to look up this product on the Skin Deep database, which scores products on their toxicity levels based on the ingredients. I was so sad to see that on a scale of 1-10, this product was an 8, which is the highest score any make-up product I've looked up has received. It contains aluminum powder, which has been linked to cancer (yes, yes, I know - almost everything is linked to cancer these days, but the buzz word with cosmetics right now is parabens, and aluminum powder is higher on the toxicity scale than all parabens). The FDA only approved it for eye application, but not for lips, which obviously says something about its danger levels. Not that using this product will give you cancer or anything, but for me personally, I'd rather not take the risk.

REALLY disappointed because I loved this product. But I had to return it. I also purchased No. 9 (coral) at the same time, which is an eye and lip color, but I returned that one as well just to be safe. I didn't look at the ingredient list but I'm assuming it didn't have aluminum powder because it was approved for lips. You'll notice, though, that these aqua creams say what they're approved for, so use your best judgment.

Sorry to be all preachy, but it just frustrates me how much cosmetic companies are allowed to get away with as far as product ingredients.

Okay, end rant. :)