Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream No. 18 - Lilac

Filtered by skin type : Dry
No Image

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely beautiful lilac - lavender color. It is definitely on a paler side with some silver and iridescent blue particles shining through it.

Even though I do prefer the quality of Paint Pots by MAC - this Aqua Cream has such a nice unique color that I have not seen anywhere else, well not in a cream form.

The formulation is quite good and long lasting. This is a waterproof product that will last for the most part - all day long and I believe it is better to keep the lid tightly closed so it won't dry out fast.

One con I have to mention is the odd smell of the product. Don't know if it is just mine, but it does smell a bit of some chemical, which won't transfer to the skin - yet the pot smells funny.

For more in-depth review and makeup tips on this product head here:

on 12/21/2012 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This cream shadow looked so pretty on my hand when I swatched it in stores, but on my eyes it's a totally different story. It's not very pigmented, applies patchily, and clumps up on the eyelid even with one thin layer. I've tried applying it with multiple different brushes and my fingers and putting it over different bases and primers, but nothing seems to make this shadow work. The worst thing about it is that it makes my eyelids look flaky because of the way the pigment clumps together. In fact, the texture is so dry that it gave my monolid eyes a crease, which is unheard of. I have another Aqua Cream in #23 (lime green), and that one is super pigmented, creamy, and a dream to work with. I don't know if it's this particular shade having a bad formula or if I got a bad pot. I can't even use it as an eyeshadow base because it looks so flaky and dry and makes anything I put on top of it look disgusting too. The only thing it has going for it is the great staying power, but it looks so bad that I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe if you have oily eyelids this might work for you.

Top Rated Eye Shadow