BeneFit Cosmetics I Am Rebel

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

2.8

It seems like people either hate this product or love it, and I'm fortunate enough to say that I fit in the latter category. Every morning I dab some of this onto my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin, and then use a foundation brush to blend. I then apply a pressed powder over, using a medium sized brush and going in circles over my entire face. I am continually impressed with the way it looks. I will def. but it again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG I am so glad other people have broken out and have had bad experiences with You Rebel. I thought it was just me! The lady at the BeneFit counter applied it and it looked awesome. But when I took it home and started using it myself, the color was horrible with visible lines. They said it would not wear off easily, but every time I touched my face by accident or blew my nose (when I had a cold) the color came off allll over the tissue or my hand. By the end of the day you could barely tell I had it on at all anymore. Not to mention my breakouts! At first it was a just a few bumps here and there, but after I wore it for about a month, I began breaking out horribly. I stopped using it earlier this week and no new breakouts have occurred. I am going to try the Shiseido line since I have heard good things about it. But please save your money and DO NOT purchase You Rebel-it's a waste of money!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Now called "You Rebel", because I guess " I Am Rebel " sounded very, uh, Tarzanesque? Anyway, Rebel has been reformulated to be less orange and a little more luminous. It's great stuff! It's designed to even out red skintones, looks fabulous on those with roseasea (sp?) and other skin problems that cause redness or discoloration. Not sure if all of the stores have the new formula yet, pretty sure nobody noticed it but me!!! I am very fair skinned and I noticed right away that the texture and color was different than before. It's dewy look comes from the SPF 15, so you need to set it with powder. Give it a try, it won't kill you.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i tried this at the counter and found it WAY too oily for my already oily skin. i guess it's because of the spf. hmm. well i wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this product should be renamed "I am Orange!" The only opportunity I will have to wear it will be halloween. I have fair skin, so I should have know a tinted moisturize could never be for all skin types. It may work for you darker skin types out there, or possibly those that indulge in the self-tanner.

I'd like to rate it higher but it gave my NC30 skin an orange tint. Not to mention that IMO it's very creamy and thick and I think for oily or combination skin this would just make it greasier. Might be better for dry skin looking add some color and moisture.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a tinted moisturizer. I bought it because a salesclerk said it was good to wear on "days you don't want to wear makeup". Well, if you don't want to wear makeup DON'T!! But I found that it didn't provide enough coverage for me and it felt greasy on my skin. Probably would be a good product for someone with perfect skin that tends to be on the drier side.

This is now called, You Rebel, but it is the same product. The color went on nicely for me and it gave me a nice sun-kissed look. The downside is it broke me out. The following day I had 4 HUGE under the skin blemishs that hurt. I stop using this and they went away. This would be good for someone without acne prone skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This made me look dirty. It smells divine- like fresh flowers and goes on well but the colour is not for even slightly light skinned people. Would be good for the swarthy skinned.

I guess if the color happens to work for you, then this would be a nice product. But it's way too dark and too orange-toned for my PPP-LLL complexion, and it makes me look really terrible. The texture is nice and creamy though- give it a try if you're more of a MMM complexion.