BeneFit Cosmetics I Am Rebel

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.1

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG I am so glad other people have broken out and have had bad experiences with You Rebel. I thought it was just me! The lady at the BeneFit counter applied it and it looked awesome. But when I took it home and started using it myself, the color was horrible with visible lines. They said it would not wear off easily, but every time I touched my face by accident or blew my nose (when I had a cold) the color came off allll over the tissue or my hand. By the end of the day you could barely tell I had it on at all anymore. Not to mention my breakouts! At first it was a just a few bumps here and there, but after I wore it for about a month, I began breaking out horribly. I stopped using it earlier this week and no new breakouts have occurred. I am going to try the Shiseido line since I have heard good things about it. But please save your money and DO NOT purchase You Rebel-it's a waste of money!

I used this, then it changed, now I prefer the Neutrogena spf with hint of color.

This stuff is gross. It is greasy and makes you look pancakey. Do not be tempted to buy for the cool packaging.

Gross. What an awful color! How can BeneFit think they can get away with making this in only one shade?? And that shade is Pumpkin!!! Also gave me a big case of the greasies. Might POSSIBLY work on someone with a good tan, but that's not me.
Buy Bobbi Brown TM...so much better. Or even that new Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. Anything is better than this crappy BeneFit product.

This is a tinted moisturizer in a tube. I like the texture and my skin *really* liked it; it stayed soft & moisturized all day - I also tend toward redness, and this cut down on that a lot. But the color just didn't quite blend correctly, and there is only the one color! This would be a great product if only it came in more shades.

I'm an NC35 and the color match for me is good. It does seem a little heavy to be a tinted moisturizer. I find that if I use just a little and smooth it over my entire face, it evens my skin tone and gives good coverage.

I totally love this tinted moisturizer. I am asian so I have yellow undertones in my skin and this totally evens me out. I only use this and a primer without foundation or powder and it makes my skin look flawless and even.

I bought this last year, and I tend to use it every day. The only problem is, the product expires fairly quickly and when it does expire, it turns a yucky orange color. It moisturizes well, but you have to be sure you rub it in quite well. I don't plan to buy this again, simply because I have found a cheaper alternative to this tinted moisturizer.

This is alright, not worthy of all the press it gets, but alright. I'm a warm toned MMM (GGG around summer time). It's a little on the greasy side, but nothing that blotting papers couldn't fix. I kind of like the cute packaging and the name, being unique is not a problem to me...(However being unique *and* having good products would be a big improvement. BeneFit, are you listening? :p) The smell is a little over the top, kind of like lettuce or salad dressing or something. I hate smelly things on my face. I don't know WHY this is $26. It's not an exact color match for my face, there's a LOT of blending involved. If I don't blend it in well it looks blotchy and weird, too much like work for me. Also..This seems closer to a sheer foundation to me. It's thicker than most of the other tinted moisturizers that I've tried. Oh Well. After lots of blending and blotting it does look decent but I wouldn't buy it again.

While Benefit's product names are about as sophisticated as a Delia's catalogue, I have to admit that "i am rebel" delivers the goods. As many reviewers already have noted, this product will not work for everyone, and frankly, I have never understood the bronzing phenomenon. Since I am a click darker than J Lo, this tinted moisturizer works perfectly with my coloring, warm with some cool undertones. And unlike other tinted moisturizers on the market, this one is truly moisturizing and seems to endow my face with the softness obtained from a sauna session. I wish my daily moisturizer worked as well. My face shows a bit of shine after some wear, but it is nothing that blotting papers can't fix.