BeneFit Cosmetics I Am Rebel

3.0

I actually really like this product even though i expected to hate it cause its got such negative reviews. I am Rebel is a tinted moisturiser that comes in one colour with a SPF of 15. The SA at the Benefit counter asked me if would be interested in trying it so I did, when she applied it i couldn't believe the results, I have pale yellowly toned skin and a lot of the time I look pretty sickly! But this made my skin look amazing, glowing and radiant. So of course I handed over the cash and went to apply it at home the next day and the results were still great! Although this is called a tinted moisturiser I find it too dry to use a regular moisturiser, and it is harder to apply on a bare face, so I whack on my regular moisturiser and then apply this over my whole face, it leaves my skin really soft, and the SPF is a good bonus too, knowing my skin is protected is great!! I also strangely really like the smell it smells just like sun lotion, reminds me of my holidays :) this is now a HG product I wear it everyday in place of foundation, and it is really light and fresh feeling, oh it looks fab with a bit of benetint or Hoola on the top!! I think the packaging is really nice looking a red metal tube, and the fact its a tube makes it really easy to use. Will defiantley buy again!!

this has heavy coverage for a tinted moisterizer. also, it defineettlyyyy isnt right for all skintones. It only works on me when i have a tan, even though its sheer. It just didnt work for me, it made my combo skin feel greasy and it felt like a mask. The coverage was just too heavy for me, and when my tan started to fade it felt like i was putting a weird self tanner on my face. not worth the money. But i bet it would be good for people with darker skintones and dry skin. hmmm. maybe thats what they should say instead of one color fits all.

It seems like people either hate this product or love it, and I'm fortunate enough to say that I fit in the latter category. Every morning I dab some of this onto my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin, and then use a foundation brush to blend. I then apply a pressed powder over, using a medium sized brush and going in circles over my entire face. I am continually impressed with the way it looks. I will def. but it again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG I am so glad other people have broken out and have had bad experiences with You Rebel. I thought it was just me! The lady at the BeneFit counter applied it and it looked awesome. But when I took it home and started using it myself, the color was horrible with visible lines. They said it would not wear off easily, but every time I touched my face by accident or blew my nose (when I had a cold) the color came off allll over the tissue or my hand. By the end of the day you could barely tell I had it on at all anymore. Not to mention my breakouts! At first it was a just a few bumps here and there, but after I wore it for about a month, I began breaking out horribly. I stopped using it earlier this week and no new breakouts have occurred. I am going to try the Shiseido line since I have heard good things about it. But please save your money and DO NOT purchase You Rebel-it's a waste of money!

I bought You Rebel a few days ago, and I LOVE it. I'm a guy, so it's important that it doesn't look like i have a lot of stuff on my skin. I've nailed the stunningly gorgeous yet still natural look after a few years of experimenting. I recommend the following products to everyone if you want to look flawless and glowing without looking like you have any makeup on...Start with Skyn Iceland's moisturizer...then use Dermablend's concealer for your dark circles and eyelids. Then use Victoria's Secret blush. Top it off with Jean Paul Gaultier's bronzer. Then get Studio 5ive's highlighting cream and put it on your cheekbones, eyelids, and chin. www.studio5ive.com. I swear on my life that you'll look amazing beyond belief. People tell me all the time that my skin looks so perfect that it's unreal. You Rebel gave me that extra kick that I needed to step it up a bit and go from flawless to godly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Oompa Loompa, Doompadah dee if you are wise you'll listen to me...... don't by Benefit I am rebel, you will look like an Oompa Loompa! I applied this sparingly and blended, blended, blended but I just turned bright orange. It highlighted every pore and felt like I had just stuck my head in a deep fryer. WARNING: Please don't try this at home.

I'm not sure if they've reformulated this since I used it a couple years ago...BUT when I used it there was only one shade, which was slightly too dark for me. and it was greasy. the sa said this was from the sunscreen and tried to sell me a powder to combat the shine. what a mess. AND it comes in a metal tootpaste-like tube which punctures very easily and gets nasty tinted moisturizer all over your makeup bag! yuck.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I didn't care for this product. It seemed to dark and made me look greasy. I liked the smell but that was the only thing. This would be good for someone w/a bit of a tan and doesn't need much coverage. You definitely need a powder to go along w/ it.

I used this, then it changed, now I prefer the Neutrogena spf with hint of color.

I am so depressed. I waited 3 weeks for my shipment from benefit (I live in Canada so that's the only way). I was so excited bc I had used this product about 2 years ago and I absolutely loved it. Perfect color and texture, it was just perfect! Then I read on here that they changed it but I didn't think it could be that different. Oh it was. It's awful! It's not even the color so much as the consistency and streakiness! I tried applying it 3 different ways, with just a clean face, with clean face and moisturizer, and then with a foundation brush that I also got from benefit. i feel like crying. I was looking forward to be being pretty but now I am stuck with this stuff, along with the other dumb products I ordered. In this case I definetly should have listened to the negative reviews.