L'Oreal Paris HiP Metallic Duo - Energized

3.8

I love both of the colors. They lasted about 6 hrs. I think that there is not alot of product in the pans, so I think they're kind of expensive.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The brown side is absolutely amazing. It is an exact dupe of Urban Decay's Smog eyeshadow with amazing pigmentation and consistency. However, the gold side is completely different. It is chalky and not pigmented at all. It comes off as a muddy shimmer on the lids. I wish these weren't such a hit and miss; Loreal should make these separately instead of in duos.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Really wanted to love this. Just appears so muddy on the eyes. I thought the lighter side would be a golden meets sand or taupe but it's just blah. The darker brown side just doesn't look good either. Decent pigments and consistancy for price, slight fall out. Not my favorite.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was afraid to buy this duo... Cause there are no reviews on it yet!! What is up with that? Haha.

Needless to say, I am a fan of this duo and other HIP duos. This one in particular will be my go-to for work makeup. It consists of a pale beige-gold and a medium bronze brown. Both shades are shimmery, but not frosty at all. Think more of a pearlized finish :). I'm NC30 and this duo is nice for a nude eye; I can imagine it suiting fairer skintones also.

The only thing I can compare this to is NYX's Champagne and Caviar's... Well, champagne shades. They are no where near dupes of each other as Energized's lighter shade is warmer and not frosty at all. If you had problems with C&C being too cool-toned, frosty, or non-pigmented, this is worth checking out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought Energized online and it looked completely different than what was pictured. I thought it was going to be a taupe with a mocha brown. Not at all, it turned out to be a gold highlighter, and a reddish bronze shade. I like warm colors, but I do not like eye shadows with any red tones, because they make me like I haven't slept in days. I am still on the search for the perfect brown shadow. This time I will try HIP Darling or Dynamic. Hopefully, one day I will find my perfect shade of brown, so that I can give away the 30+ shades that I do not like...