MAC Cosmetics Touch

Touch

4.4

on 8/1/2018 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this on the basis of the great reviews here from darker-toned ladies like myself but initially thought I'd made yet another impulse-buy mistake.

My skin is a warm-toned MAC C40/Bobbi Brown 4.5.Warm Natural. When I first put it on at home it was a dull milk chocolate shade with no warmth which made me look very drab. The Kylie or whoever look really doesn't work on me!

My lips are quite pigmented and this morning looked particularly rosy. I gave Touch another try and this time it looked great! A light application of this sheer brown complemented the red tones in my lips and gave me an elegant, discreet and polished look, great for work, more of a flattering plum/red-tinged brown than chocolate and one of the best nudes I've tried. I'm going to experiment with using it with plum liner as recommended by other commenters. The key for me is keeping the application very light so that it allows the colour of my lips through. A heavier application gives me the drab chocolate look.

I might not wear Touch everyday but I do agree - this is a very good and versatile shade of nude to try if you're MAC 40 or higher.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

One of the best nude lipstick for women of color. Touch paired with chestnut or plum (mostly chestnut) is perfect. To much on the lips isn't needed as it is nude ladies. It looks so natural on my lips. Very good to wear to work or just down the road. It also glides on very easily and I just love the smell.

on 6/26/2016 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such a great nude for people with medium to dark complexion OH LORD this is my absolut favourite. This finish is amazing and so moisturizing I've been wearing this everyday for a few days now. It's very creamy and easy to apply.

I absolutely love this lipstick!! So far, it's the perfect nude that I've come across that doesn't wash me out or dry my lips (NC30/NW25). I just wish it lasted longer. But because the formula is a luster, I like how the sheerness also allows my natural lip color to seep through. Would definitely purchase this again....in fact, I'm considering buying multiple backups in case MAC decides to discontinue this gem.

on 11/13/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This so far is the perfect nude on me. It's gorgeous! Very creamy and on my dry cracking lips this is a great thing. Love it!

on 10/27/2015 6:12:00 PM

This was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought. I don't have many lipsticks from MAC because I tend to look best in warm toned browns, and they seem to specialize in either bright colors, or pale nudes. I have fair skin, hazel green eyes, and light auburn hair. Touch is a chameleon like brown that complements my coloring perfectly! It may look dark in the tube, but it is the lustre formulation, so it goes on fairly sheer. I find that this is an excellent color for Fall. Can be too dark for light Summer looks. Different lip pencils can pull different undertones out from it. To keep it brown, Stripdown is the perfect warm brown pencil. To highlight the tawny peach tones, Hover is slightly darker with coppery brown tones and outlines this lipstick beautifully. For a reddish brown , I use Spice. Touch is described as a peachy brown, but compared to other browns that I have, I consider it a more plummy Brown. I have very pink lips, so despite my fair skin, lip colors turn much cooler on me than most other people . That is why I find it to be such a versatile color. It is beautiful alone, and can be used to create many looks by simply changing the lip pencil you use with it. Good lipstick colors for redheads are hard to find. I thought a company like MAC would have many options. They do not, at least for my taste, but this is a great one, and it has been part of the permanent collection for quite awhile now, so hopefully, it is not going anywhere!!

on 7/19/2015 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was lucky enough this week to find two/three lippies that are really great for me. I suddenly got the bug (again) to find a nude that would work for me. I've tried a few before with disappointing results. The first I found, after watching a few YouTube videos, was Maybelline's Truffle Tease. I wanted a kind of taupy, mushroomy shade, to see how it would look. This was the one out of five drugstore shades that worked really, really well on me! Not as a complete nude, but as a MLBB shade. I look weird with a truly nude lip.

But... it has a chemical smell and slightly weird feel on the lips and I decided that since I'd be wearing the shade a lot, I should find a high-quality dupe that wouldn't inflict this smell on me. (I'll keep Truffle Tease as a backup.) This led me to the MAC counter, where I swatched a lot of colors next to Truffle Tease and found two that I really wanted. One was Touch, which was a perfect dupe and has a wonderful feel and smell (Lustre formula). The other was Tea Ceremony. After wearing Tea Ceremony in different lights I see that it is actually lighter than Touch and is more of a nude on me. And it looks good! This is really great. I guess for my skintone (very fair, olive tendencies, darker when tan), shades that work well on African and Indian skin are good. It's nice to finally know what will work on me -- cool brownish colors. They don't look brown on my lips, just natural. I can get the same shade as Tea Ceremony (which is being discontinued) by putting concealer on my lips and then applying Touch.

In case you're looking for something slightly darker, Spirit tempted me as well. It is a shade or two darker on the same spectrum.

Unless I put on balm under this, I get a white line on my lower lip. I also have to make sure there are no flakes on my lips, otherwise they'll be magnified.

Love this product! Was one of my first lipsticks purchased from mac.. I have it in my youtube review of nude lipsticks.. scroll to end for pic of the shade

on 1/20/2015 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is an amazing nude lipstick. I'm NW47 and it's hard to find nude lipsticks that fit my skin tone so when I found this I was so happy. I pair it with a dark brown lip liner and it looks perfect :) It's not matte, has the right amount of sheen and is slightly moisturizing as well

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This has been my go to nude since 1998. Against my nc45 skintone it compliments me perfectly. Its a lustre formula and its a bit drying on my lips so I apply a lip balm before application. This looks beautiful paired up with lip liner in chestnut (also by MAC as well) for that perfect ombre lip look. I can't remember how many tubes I've went thru of this shade....lost count. So if you're a WOC this is the perfect gateway nude shade. It was the first one that brought me to the other shades such as Mocha. Don't hesitate with this one. MAC better not discontinue this one.