L'Oreal Feria Midnight Collection - in Violet Soft Black M32

L'Oreal Feria Midnight Collection - in Violet Soft Black M32

1.9

on 4/17/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Don’t buy this product if you expect to get the color on the box I used this product recently and my hair turned out all black EXCEPT the roots which are now a BRIGHT RED almost PINK I have to re dye it which I am beyond livid about I use box hair dye all the time and yeah it usually ends up a few shades darker or lighter but to turn pink when I have black hair that’s a bit ridiculous, if you have blonde hair maybe you can get the right color but I highly doubt it, not only do you not get the right color you get left with a dry matted mess that stinks to high heavens worse than most hair dyes might I add I literally pulled half my hair out in the dying process which is not normal for me I am very unhappy and I recommend you not use this product unless you want ruined hair that feels like you just bleached it

Here’s a pic of what it did to my hair

I have black/ dark brown hair and this turned my hair grey. Like a smokey grey, no purple, no violet, just a dark smokey grey. I'm very disappointed. I used a coupon for buy one get the other one half off, and i'm seriously considering returning it. I wanted black with a little hint of purple or violet in the sun/ when light shines on it. Very disappointed.

I'm a little confused about the many negative reviews on this product. I got exactly what the product description promised. Admittedly, it is more red than the lady on the front of the box would lead you to expect, however it's violet. Violet is a warmer purple, so red is more emphasized. I like it. I was trying something new and got a very dark brunette that has hints of violet in the sun.

I wanted a dark purple, and saw this product at target. The smell is actually really strong. I usually can handle the smell but this one was a little dramatic. Anyways so I rinsed my hair - can't stress that while I dyed my hair I touched my roots the very last, they're still lighter than the middle of my hair. I'm a try contacting customer service and see about a refund and run to the store and fix this mess.

Do not dye your hair with this if you have an blonde at all. I have an ombre, I figured like normal dye it would dye all of my hair one color. NOPE, my scalp was like bright red, my mid hair was darker, and my blonde is like a grey purple. I am not happy with this dye, Its not at all like it looks on the box.. So disappointed, will be gong black soon.

on 10/20/2014 9:42:00 AM

TERRIBLE!!! Extremely powerful smell. My hair is dark brown, but instead of "soft black" this stuff actually lightened it 2 or 3 levels. It was a strange red color with the 5 inches closest to my scalp a different color from the bottom half. My hair was lovely I just wanted to try the color out for fun. I've now had to color over it and I just frown when I walk by a mirror.

on 9/24/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read the comments on this hair color after already purchasing, so I got brave and decided to try it although most advised against it. One change in applying was that I put the color an inch from the roots down for the first 20 minutes, then applied to my roots for only the last 10 minutes. It came out great! I was nervous and checked the color every 3 minutes, but the 20 minutes on the ends and then the 10 minutes allover was perfect. Should I have to take matters into my own hands? No, the color should work just fine when applied as directed, but whatever. PROS: Great results when applied as I said above. Really soft hair after coloring. Minimal skin dying. CONS: Complicated application needed. Very heavy chemical smell, even worse than usual dyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this stuff and it only stayed in for about two weeks. Fades quickly. Would not use again.

on 8/20/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I have very thick, dark brown/almost black hair. With virgin hair all my life, I decided it was time to change it up. After wanting a color with a subtle undertone, i landed on this dye. I knew not to get my hopes up on box dyes, but i was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of this product. As many said, there's really no "violet" tone to it, it's more of a burgundy color. I'm completely fine with this, and I actually like the color moreso than what's on the box. The color is slightly more noticeable on my roots, but my hair is thinner there so I'm not surprised. When I'm in sunlight, it's all the same color. I was really afraid it'd dry out my hair, but this along with my normal hair routine kept it soft. will definitely dye my hair with this again

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this dye for the last six months or more. I did not receive the exact color on the box, but I am pleased with, even expected, the result. All colors turn out a little differently on my hair, and I have never been sure why. But this resulted in a very dark burgundy that works very well with my skin tone. Never received this many compliments on my hair. Even when dyeing my roots, I have never experienced the lighter red shades that some users are saying. (I chalk that up to dyes acting so differently with my hair.) And I absolutely adore the conditioner these come with now, the Power Shimmer Conditioner. I wish I could buy it by the bottle, because it makes my hair softer than when I get my hair done professionally. I will continue to buy this until I change my mind about my hair color again.

Popular Hair Color Products