LANEIGE Water Bank Gel Cream

LANEIGE Water Bank Gel Cream

3.7

Water, Butylene Glycol, Betaine, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Trisiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Beta-Glucan, Magnesium Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Cocamide Mipa, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Centaurium Erythraea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, C12-16 Alcohols, Glycogen, Glutamic Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Dimethiconol, Lysine HCl, Mannitol, Menthoxypropanediol, Behenyl Alcohol, Serine, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sucrose, Stearyl Behenate, Citrulline, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Alanine, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Calcium Citrate, Threonine, Palmitic Acid, Polygyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Polysorbate 20, Propanediol, PCA, PEG-15 Pentaerythrityl Tetra (Laureth-6 Carboxylate), PPG-5-Laureth-5, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide MEA, Histidine HCl, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

During my Accutane phase I used to look forward to using this every night, followed by a layer of the Water Sleeping Mask, also by Laneige. This contains some good ingredients, aswell as some that are nothing to boast about. Its effects however were more than worth it imo. I never had to use too much of this, which meant it lasted for quite a while. I would gently apply to my face, especially concentrating on drier areas such as cheeks and around mouth area. After about a minute I would follow with the Water Sleeping Mask which would seal in the moisture.
I would wake up in the morning to skin that was more dewy, softer and supple. Granted the products could not completely saturate my skin with moisture (as the meds were doing their job to stop my sebaceous glands from doing theirs!) but it helped immensely, only faltering when the weather turned colder and I had to step up to something richer.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/23/2018 9:43:00 AM

This cream is okay for the summer, to provide hydration without heavy grease or residue. It was also not incredibly expensive (bought in Korea). So why the mediocre rating? First of all, that super strong scent, which I don`t hate, but I don`t really want in my skincare. Then the jar packaging, which could`ve easily been a more hygienic pump. Also, it`s heavy AF, so totally impractical for someone like me who travels a lot. I much prefer Skinfood`s Peach Cotton Cream (also great at controlling sebum) or La Roche~Possay`s Mattifying Moisturizer.

UPDATE: Just finished the entire jar in less than a month. The amount of product is minimal, so why store it in such a heavy, unwieldy glass jar?! Not impressed at all.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really enjoy using this cream in the summer months. I have very oily skin and the hotter temperature in the summer really exacerbates my oil production; I cannot stand looking like an oil slick at the end of my day. This moisturizer is perfect in it's oil control abilities as well as hydrating my skin without making it sticky, shiny or oily. This product leaves my skin looking plump, refined and happy! The scent is similar for all of Laneige's Water line of products, and it's quite refreshing. The texture is definitely a gel cream, very interesting how the two can exist in one formula. The only downside of this is the pot! I wish comanies would take a hint and make pump-action containers instead of unsanitary pot containers. I more often than not wash my hands before I put my fingers into the jar but I still dislike it. It does come with a little spatula but I don't use it. This is a decent overall moisturizer that I really do enjoy using.

on 1/8/2018 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My review for this product is basically the same as for the laneige moisture cream except that this product doesn't give me a shiny look.

Pros:
- I got this product in a kit so it came in a tube (but the full-size comes in a jar, so that'd be a con)
- Smells nice
- Hydrating

Cons:
- Expensive

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love the silicone texture, not sticky and absorbs almost immediately. Love the fragrance as well and it moisturizes without u feeling like u have a layer of cream on ur face. Makes skin feel smooth and supple

on 10/10/2016 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'll try and keep this short and sweet. I love the hydration I get from this cream gel. It's super light and non greasy and perfect for my oily skin but I think it may be the cause of a couple cystic acne bumps. I don't know if it was or the laneige multi cleanser. I returned both as I since have found better products without fragrance which I think we're the reason my skin reacted the way it did. The packaging is gorgeous and I loved how it looked on my vanity. The spatula it comes with us super handy to deter contamination to the cream by dipping your fingers in it. A great moisturizer but just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used this for about 2 years some time ago. I've since switched to Estée Lauder Hydrationist, a decision I regret everyday. Laneige is hands down the best brand I've indulged. I bought the pink cleanser a few months ago and it works so well for both me and my teen brother. It brings back the good memories I had with the moisturiser. I remember when I had this gel cream and water sleeping mask, my skin was so perfect I didn't need facial treatments for a year! I didn't even need to use the mask so often. Recently out of desperation I started looking into facials again and I began wondering why or how I even went for a year without it before. Well I found my answers- Laneige! I remember not having to deal with blackheads, breakouts, acnes, and beauticians, the whole time I had this. Now I find myself sitting at my mirror almost everyday picking on my blackheads. I bought water sleeping mask weeks ago along with the yogurt one, and I love them so much I apply them morning and night alternately. When I'm done with Estée Lauder and my Murad scrub (which I got for a discount), I'm coming back to Laneige. I dread trying to finish my products.

A great product for oily skin! Smells great, hydrating and easily absorbed into the skin, one of my favourite moisturisers

on 5/28/2016 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A nice gel cream, mostly for oily or oily-normal skintypes, however I'm developing more appreciation for gel formulations at any age as they can be deceptively simple yet surprisingly normalizing for problem skin when used regularly. Could be used as a night cream, or in daytime when not wearing makeup, especially in hot weather.

on 5/12/2016 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Not recommended as it is not of value. perhaps better for those with oily skin or during summer/day time. The only thing I like is how it feels when applied. A lightweight gel that is not very moisturizing. I use it on dry Areas and it didnt help at all. For the price, I think it is not worth it as you can get cheaper alternatives elsewhere and the jar is unhygienic too.