4.1

Witch Hazel (all natural), Natural Grain Alcohol (14%), Witch Hazel Flower Extract

on 3/17/2018 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

To be completely honest, this is not my perfect everyday toner. It's too drying for my skin. I have combination skin, the oilier areas love this toner, but the dry places can't tolerate it, my skin looks like leather once the toner dries. The scent of the alcohol in it is really overwhelming too. But I can't live without this on my PMS days, when my skin breaks out horribly in painful pimples deep beneath the skin. It also gets so oily and weirdly waxy, it feels so gross. The breakout will not subside no matter what I do or don't do. This toner is the only thing that can calm it down and helps me look not contagious. It doesn't make the breakout go away, but it makes it a lot more bearable. My skin feels a lot more refreshed and the pimples don't hurt if I so much as blink. I use it excessively on a cotton round, then spray several layers of it all over my face (I put it in a spray can, for ease of use, if you try to do the same, beware that the alcohol scent gets stronger when sprayed directly on the face, even from a good 40 something centimeters away, as far as I can extend my arm). Other than PMS day, I can also get away with using this regularly in the hottest, most humid month of the year, when my skin doesn't have to struggle to retain moisture. I like what this product does for me, plus it comes in nearly half a liter for a great price, so even if I only use it on and off, I still want it in my arsenal at all time. I'm actually on my 2nd bottle all ready, and I'm definitely gonna buy a third. The packaging is functional and no frills, with that price I can't complain, I can buy my own smaller containers (like the spray bottle I mentioned) to put it in when I travel. I tried the purple, alcohol free version of this and I hated it. That one smells even more potent, and the scent lingers for hours like a nasty perfume, and it does nothing, it's just really smelly water. I'll keenly stick to what works.

on 3/9/2018 11:22:00 AM

Okay so some witch hazel and alcohol being this good... I didn't see it coming. I picked this up because it was cheap and my skin routine didn't have a toner. I saw the words witch hazel and I know it's supposed to be good so I bought it. After washing my face I put this on a cotton round (not much is needed btw) and just kind of rub it on my face. It gets rid of any makeup that is left behind. It helps shrink any active breakouts I have. That is why I die over this. I had a huge pimple and I rubbed this on it and it dried it up. I actually don't mind the smell. Some people apparently do, but eh. Worth the results of having clearer skin.

on 2/10/2018 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to admit, this is a good toner. I use it at night after double cleansing to remove any remaining dirt, makeup, oil, soap. It works well for that - just a little on a cotton round and my skin is ready for further treatments and moisturizer.
This is cheap. $8 for 16 ounces just can't be beat. The packaging is good - not glamorous but sensible. Plastic bottle, flip cap, appropriately sized dispenser hole. Widely available at grocery stores, walmart/target, drug stores, etc.
I'm not crazy about the alcohol in this, although it doesn't seem to dry out my skin. My biggest gripe, however, is the smell. It stinks! The smell doesn't linger long but it bothers me enough to vaguely dread this part of my skincare routine. I don't see much mention of this in the reviews of this product, which surprises me. I'm not normally super-sensitive to scent.
I would like to try Thayer's witch hazel. It's more expensive, but doesn't contain alcohol and there are several different iterations, including some that sound as though there may be more pleasing fragrances added.
I'll use this up but I don't know if I'll repurchase, depending on my experiences with other toners.

I started using the Dickson witch hazel in my beauty products. I pour a little in my shampoo. just a tad. I really think it adds a little awakening to my products and extends the shelf life.

on 10/20/2017 6:42:00 AM

I use this to prep my skin before I do a peel. This is perfect because it has a everything needed to get my skin ready. A small amount of alcohol is in this with the witch hazel so for me this is a great prep solution. I do not use this on a regular basis. I use the Thayer Rose one daily because it’s super gentle. But this is perfect as a pre peel prep solution. I bought a huge bottle for a very low price. So I’m quite happy with this because it helps my skin accept the peel better. So for me this is great because it’s fairly inexpensive and preps my skin so I’m quite happy with this for that purpose.

on 10/19/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a very good toner. I use it after I remove my cold cream to get rid of last traces of makeup and cream. I just tissue off the cold cream, and then I dampen a cotton ball with water, add some toner to it, and gently wipe it over my skin. I find this brand very gentle, and I like that they mixed the witch hazel with grain alcohol instead of isopropyl alcohol. I feel like it's gentler on the skin. This tones, but it doesn't dry you out. It's also affordable. I think I paid about $8.00 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle. Don't pay loads of money for a toner. Buy this instead.

on 6/6/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love love love love this product. Did I say I love this product? Isn't overly drying, keeps my skin fresh and at the end of the day takes off any makeup left behind after cleansing. I use it with an exfoliating cotton round and its just amazing. This is absolutely my can't do without product.

on 11/23/2016 4:58:00 PM

AMAZING!!!! I suffered from acne and combination skin for forever! This didn't do much for the oiliness of my skin, but it also didn't affect my dry patches. THIS CLEARED MY ACNE COMPLETELY! If you have and this will be a dream come true!

on 10/14/2016 8:23:00 PM

O my.i thought id never find any other toner better than my clean n clear essentials astringent till i found this!

pros:
eliminates makeup residue
eliminates cleanser residue
tightens pores
eliminates acne
eliminates acne scars
eliminates redness
doesnt dry out skin

cons:
none

i thought the clean n clear essentials astringent with 2%salicylic acid was the best, but in the long run i found my skin drier and redder, and still breaking out constantly even having inflammed big cystic acne. but when i started using this, all my problems that clean n clear hasnt solved were completely gone. sometimes i try going back to clean n clear but then it just feels like my skin goes looking bad when i use that stuff so i immediately go back to this.i love it. i never knew witch hazel has such strong power to eliminate most of my skin problems.right now it gave me the freedom to feel comfortable wearing no foundation at all. thanks dickinson!

tip: use a cotton pad with this instead of cotton ball.

on 10/12/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was really curious about witch hazel extract but I was eyeing on the Thayers one but it's expensive for me and I got the Dickinson's witch hazel extract original travel size insead. It has a foul smell and i don't know if it's really the witch hazel scent. I was really worried to try this on my dry skin because of the smell but when you put it on your skin the foul smell disappears. I kept using this like for almost a week now and i feel refreshed and really clean did not dry me out & break me out. I really love this but i don't like the packaging. I need to put a hole on the foil cover. But at least it also comes with a travel size container :)