Dickinson's - Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner

Witch Hazel (all natural), Natural Grain Alcohol (14%), Witch Hazel Flower Extract

on 10/20/2017 6:42:00 AM

I use this to prep my skin before I do a peel. This is perfect because it has a everything needed to get my skin ready. A small amount of alcohol is in this with the witch hazel so for me this is a great prep solution. I do not use this on a regular basis. I use the Thayer Rose one daily because it’s super gentle. But this is perfect as a pre peel prep solution. I bought a huge bottle for a very low price. So I’m quite happy with this because it helps my skin accept the peel better. So for me this is great because it’s fairly inexpensive and preps my skin so I’m quite happy with this for that purpose.

on 10/19/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a very good toner. I use it after I remove my cold cream to get rid of last traces of makeup and cream. I just tissue off the cold cream, and then I dampen a cotton ball with water, add some toner to it, and gently wipe it over my skin. I find this brand very gentle, and I like that they mixed the witch hazel with grain alcohol instead of isopropyl alcohol. I feel like it's gentler on the skin. This tones, but it doesn't dry you out. It's also affordable. I think I paid about $8.00 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle. Don't pay loads of money for a toner. Buy this instead.

on 10/14/2016 8:23:00 PM

O my.i thought id never find any other toner better than my clean n clear essentials astringent till i found this!

pros:
eliminates makeup residue
eliminates cleanser residue
tightens pores
eliminates acne
eliminates acne scars
eliminates redness
doesnt dry out skin

cons:
none

i thought the clean n clear essentials astringent with 2%salicylic acid was the best, but in the long run i found my skin drier and redder, and still breaking out constantly even having inflammed big cystic acne. but when i started using this, all my problems that clean n clear hasnt solved were completely gone. sometimes i try going back to clean n clear but then it just feels like my skin goes looking bad when i use that stuff so i immediately go back to this.i love it. i never knew witch hazel has such strong power to eliminate most of my skin problems.right now it gave me the freedom to feel comfortable wearing no foundation at all. thanks dickinson!

tip: use a cotton pad with this instead of cotton ball.

on 10/12/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was really curious about witch hazel extract but I was eyeing on the Thayers one but it's expensive for me and I got the Dickinson's witch hazel extract original travel size insead. It has a foul smell and i don't know if it's really the witch hazel scent. I was really worried to try this on my dry skin because of the smell but when you put it on your skin the foul smell disappears. I kept using this like for almost a week now and i feel refreshed and really clean did not dry me out & break me out. I really love this but i don't like the packaging. I need to put a hole on the foil cover. But at least it also comes with a travel size container :)

on 11/23/2016 4:58:00 PM

AMAZING!!!! I suffered from acne and combination skin for forever! This didn't do much for the oiliness of my skin, but it also didn't affect my dry patches. THIS CLEARED MY ACNE COMPLETELY! If you have and this will be a dream come true!

on 6/6/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love love love love this product. Did I say I love this product? Isn't overly drying, keeps my skin fresh and at the end of the day takes off any makeup left behind after cleansing. I use it with an exfoliating cotton round and its just amazing. This is absolutely my can't do without product.

on 6/8/2016 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product cleanses well and does not overdry, even with 14 percent alcohol. I use it after washing my face at night and it makes my skin feel very soft and clean without being dry. I don't wash my face in the morning (once a day face washing here) and this product does not leave a residue that is present the morning. It also soothes razor burn and makes blackheads easier to extract. I saturate a cotton ball and thoroughly go over my face twice with this after my night shower. Cheap, simple, and effective for a toner; tones, cleanes, and soothes.

on 4/21/2016 3:14:00 AM

i have all 3 formulas; this, hydrating, and extra strength? I forget the name. i am currently on the pink bottle. this is such a good toner for the price, and you get such a large amount and sometimes there will even be coupon attached to the bottle and that makes it even more affordable, but even without, it's only around $6.

like others, i do not like the scent, but it does a good job in removing any leftover residue and also doesn't dry out skin. sometimes, if i am super lazy, and i mean once in like a blue moon, i will use this to wash my face like micellar waters and it feels so refreshing.

great product for a great price 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

For reference, 14% alcohol is roughly the same ABV as wine, mead, sake, or strong ale.

I get disgustingly oily in hot weather, and this toner is such a gift at the end of the day. It's never caused me tightness or flaking, and I've had a grand total of two pimples in the four months I've been using it.

I don't like the pink formula of this toner, however the blue one, the deep-cleansing astringent is amazing, so this is for the blue one

yellow one is good too but about the blue one,

this cleans all the leftover residue from the day off my face and does not over dry my skin either. I usually oil-wash my face to remove makeup first and then follow with a foaming cleanser and them I use a toner.
I used to think that my face was clean after just washing my face and using toner. but after including this for a while, I was so wrong, no wonder I had unusual breakouts (not related to hormones)

I have tried the pink and yellow formulas and like this one the best because this one actually does something for my skin.