NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa
Nyx Soft Mat Lip Cream Tokyo, Istanbul Addis AbabaNyx Soft Mat Lip Creams

on 5/13/2013 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

First I'll just say that I am a big fan of these matte lip creams. They smell ahhh-mazing. I swear some days I want to wear one of the shades I own just because I want to smell it.

I'm also a fan of matte lipsticks in general so it's no surprise to me that I really liked these. I love how they glide on so smooth giving you the easy ability to even out the color everywhere before it dries. I don't find them to be THAT drying for a matte lipstick. As with any matte finish, I apply lip balm underneath and then apply the lipstick over it and I'm fine.

Addis Ababa is a gorgeous shade. The color of the tube seems a bit scary but don't be afraid! The color when applied is not as vibrant or in your face. It's a beautiful soft pink/purpley shade that looks great on my NC 20 skin tone, brown hair, green eyes. Lasting power is pretty good. Especially with this particular color. I noticed that hours later when it has worn off, it leaves behind a beautiful pink tint on my lips. It's very pretty.

I'll also say that I love how light these go on. Doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on the lips.

For the price and quality, you cannot beat these! Give them a try. The other colors I own are San Paulo, a berry pink, and Istanbul which is a pinkish/nude that suits my warm/yellow skin tone. I also want to get Antwerp, Monte Carlo, and Amsterdam.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was unsure of which color to try of the Soft Matte Lip Creams, so I went with the brightest. I was not disappointed! Addis Ababa is a beautiful bright Barbie pink that--on me--does not lean neither cool nor warm. It applies very smoothly and creamy, but as promised does dry to a matte finish. It's not sticky or hard to work with, and it's a gorgeous color for the warmer months.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore this color, it is by far my favorite from this line. It is really bright, pigmented and completely opaque.

The texture is really smooth and moisturizing enough. I can't wear lip stains because they dry out my lips but this doesn't. You could put a gloss over it if you wanted a shiny finish but I usually don't. The cream lasts a few hours.

It has a vanilla scent, similar to the Maybelline lipsticks.

BTW this IS the same product as the Soft lip cream from the german cosmetic brand Manhattan (the packaging is IDENTICAL, the scent is the same, so are some of the colors...) but NYX has a lot more shades and is also cheaper.

Popular Lips Products