NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa
Nyx Soft Mat Lip Cream Tokyo, Istanbul Addis AbabaNyx Soft Mat Lip Creams

4.4

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love the texture, scent and finish. This shade is really nice - pink but not over the top neon pink. I love matte finish products and this is no exception. However, I have super dry lips that tend to get really patchy every now and then. This feels a bit dry after a while but it doesn't accentuate my dry parts at all! Despite the dryness of my lips, it looks smooth and even. Gotta love this product!

Color is a bright pink/fuschia that makes me look well-rested and fresh. As with all soft matte lip creams the smell is divine (vanilla like MAC's) and lasting power is 4 hours (without doing anything) 3 hours (drinking and eating) but reapplication is needed if you eat something greasy as it will leave an obvious lip line. I love these lip creams, they are inexpensive and all colors I have suited me. This is one of those products and color that I will forever keep in rotation, and will hoard if ever they stop production. I prep my lips first with a lip scrub and a lip balm. One swipe -will still be patchy but the color is muted, if you don't like it too bright and too opaque, just smooth the color out. But if you want it bright and in your face I find that two coats is enough. Highly recommended!

If you have skin with yellow undertones like me and have been looking for a hot pink lip colour that wouldn't clash with your skin, then THIS IS IT !!! this is not a very bright or true hot pink shade like it looks in the tube, it is more of a neutral hot pink colour.

The way I use this is that I first apply lip balm to soften my lips, then I apply a light coating of this to sheer it out, I don't put a full thick layer, that's not the effect I'm going for. If I don't put lip balm before, this could really emphasize my dry lips. The end result is a face-brightening slightly brighter than my natural lips colour, which is a look I'm loving nowadays :)

Lasting power is good, it will last for a few hours and through drinks of coffee or water, but it will wear out if you have a greasy meal that rubs against lips.

on 5/13/2013 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

First I'll just say that I am a big fan of these matte lip creams. They smell ahhh-mazing. I swear some days I want to wear one of the shades I own just because I want to smell it.

I'm also a fan of matte lipsticks in general so it's no surprise to me that I really liked these. I love how they glide on so smooth giving you the easy ability to even out the color everywhere before it dries. I don't find them to be THAT drying for a matte lipstick. As with any matte finish, I apply lip balm underneath and then apply the lipstick over it and I'm fine.

Addis Ababa is a gorgeous shade. The color of the tube seems a bit scary but don't be afraid! The color when applied is not as vibrant or in your face. It's a beautiful soft pink/purpley shade that looks great on my NC 20 skin tone, brown hair, green eyes. Lasting power is pretty good. Especially with this particular color. I noticed that hours later when it has worn off, it leaves behind a beautiful pink tint on my lips. It's very pretty.

I'll also say that I love how light these go on. Doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on the lips.

For the price and quality, you cannot beat these! Give them a try. The other colors I own are San Paulo, a berry pink, and Istanbul which is a pinkish/nude that suits my warm/yellow skin tone. I also want to get Antwerp, Monte Carlo, and Amsterdam.

on 3/2/2013 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh wow! I didnt expect much from this, but it's just so wonderful. It's soft, like a feather but it's very pigmented. I don't feel it on my lips, but i definitely see it!

Its not sticky or glossy, so it almost reminds me of a lip stain, but better.

I wish they had more pink colors. But.. This one is wonderful because you can use it as a light wash of color or apply more for that hot pink.

on 8/24/2012 10:07:00 PM

I am in love with these things. And Addis Ababa is such a beautiful punchy colour.

I've found the swatches and descriptions of the colours of these have been really different from what I've experienced first hand. Alot of reviews that I read described this as a Barbie pink (which to me would be a bright hot 'pink' pink) but I feel it's more of a magenta than a true pink. It's more #CC0066 than #FF0099 (hexadecimal web colour codes) but I imagine on different skin tones it would show differently. I'm quite pale with neutral to yellow undertones, so it shows up really brightly against my skin.

I won't say anything about the formula, because it's already been said.

on 6/10/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently purchased the British Cosmo mag for the month of June 2012 and wanted to copy the cover girl, Mollie King, as she had beautiful neon pink lipstick on. I searched everywhere, even purchasing the brighest shade 32 Makeup For Ever lipstick AND Fuschia Flash by Smashbox, but neither came close to the desired effect. I randomly stopped in Ulta today and was surprised to find this color-- I already have the baby pin one-- and when I tried it on, I was more than excited!!! This color is a super hot pink, extremely pigmented lip creme that dries to a matte in about five to ten minutes. I am in love and will definitely repurchase!!! Can't wait to wear it to concerts this summer with a cute braided hairstyle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was unsure of which color to try of the Soft Matte Lip Creams, so I went with the brightest. I was not disappointed! Addis Ababa is a beautiful bright Barbie pink that--on me--does not lean neither cool nor warm. It applies very smoothly and creamy, but as promised does dry to a matte finish. It's not sticky or hard to work with, and it's a gorgeous color for the warmer months.

I've been looking for a bright pink to wear for Spring and Summer and am so pleasantly surprised with this lip cream! Was very hesitant at first.. since it looks like a lipgloss but said it was matte. The price is cheap enough that I figured I didn't have much to lose if I didn't like it. I just tried it on and am in love! Its completely opaque, glides on perfectly smooth, feels satiny but has a matte finish (without being dry or sticky). Great quality product, wonderful formula and pigmentation... and you just can't beat the value! I highly recommend this and would definitely repurchase again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore this color, it is by far my favorite from this line. It is really bright, pigmented and completely opaque.

The texture is really smooth and moisturizing enough. I can't wear lip stains because they dry out my lips but this doesn't. You could put a gloss over it if you wanted a shiny finish but I usually don't. The cream lasts a few hours.

It has a vanilla scent, similar to the Maybelline lipsticks.

BTW this IS the same product as the Soft lip cream from the german cosmetic brand Manhattan (the packaging is IDENTICAL, the scent is the same, so are some of the colors...) but NYX has a lot more shades and is also cheaper.

Popular Lips Products