NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa
Nyx Soft Mat Lip Cream Tokyo, Istanbul Addis AbabaNyx Soft Mat Lip Creams

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have quite a few of these soft matte lip creams, and I'm a really big fan of them. This was one of those colors that I was super skeptical about buying because of how incredibly bright pink it was in the tube, and I'm not all that up for looking like barbie. But considering that all of the other colors I own are not the same color on your lips once they dry as they are kn the tube, I figured I'd try this one out. It's such a pretty pink that goes with almost any look. I'm not disapointed at all. The only thing I have to say about these lip creams is always always use lip balm under them, and between touch up, or your lips will look super dry!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

beautiful color once you apply it but after a few hours the color kinda changes- the blue tones start to show more. PRO: it doesn't over dry lips like the other matte liquid lipsticks on the market.

on 8/24/2012 10:07:00 PM

I am in love with these things. And Addis Ababa is such a beautiful punchy colour.

I've found the swatches and descriptions of the colours of these have been really different from what I've experienced first hand. Alot of reviews that I read described this as a Barbie pink (which to me would be a bright hot 'pink' pink) but I feel it's more of a magenta than a true pink. It's more #CC0066 than #FF0099 (hexadecimal web colour codes) but I imagine on different skin tones it would show differently. I'm quite pale with neutral to yellow undertones, so it shows up really brightly against my skin.

I won't say anything about the formula, because it's already been said.

on 6/10/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently purchased the British Cosmo mag for the month of June 2012 and wanted to copy the cover girl, Mollie King, as she had beautiful neon pink lipstick on. I searched everywhere, even purchasing the brighest shade 32 Makeup For Ever lipstick AND Fuschia Flash by Smashbox, but neither came close to the desired effect. I randomly stopped in Ulta today and was surprised to find this color-- I already have the baby pin one-- and when I tried it on, I was more than excited!!! This color is a super hot pink, extremely pigmented lip creme that dries to a matte in about five to ten minutes. I am in love and will definitely repurchase!!! Can't wait to wear it to concerts this summer with a cute braided hairstyle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore this color, it is by far my favorite from this line. It is really bright, pigmented and completely opaque.

The texture is really smooth and moisturizing enough. I can't wear lip stains because they dry out my lips but this doesn't. You could put a gloss over it if you wanted a shiny finish but I usually don't. The cream lasts a few hours.

It has a vanilla scent, similar to the Maybelline lipsticks.

BTW this IS the same product as the Soft lip cream from the german cosmetic brand Manhattan (the packaging is IDENTICAL, the scent is the same, so are some of the colors...) but NYX has a lot more shades and is also cheaper.

Popular Lips Products