MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Good to be Bad

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Good to be Bad

on 1/23/2015 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

A gorgeous purplish burgundy colour which can be worn in multiple layers to intensify or tone down the colour. I wear it on it's own with just some mascara and a burgundy blush or blotted down with elaborate eyelooks containing burgundy/berry shades. Texture is very soft, it stays on pretty long and is easily redistributed over the lips. I love wearing it with Clinique's Black Honey eye shadow from the Neutral Territory 2 palette, makes my green eyes pop! I have yet to find a MAC lipstick that isn't superb in quality to be honest, they always have amazing colours & finishes. The two things that are keeping it from being a 5 lippie lipstick is that it travels a bit outside the mouth, even when wearing a lipliner, and that it clings to dry skin on the lip.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Just like EVERYONE ELSE, I love a good dark lip for fall. After seeing Arden (ARose186) on YouTube use this in her 'everyday fall makeup tutorial' I went to MAC to see if I could pull I off.

Be aware this is a VERY dark purpley red that could easily make you look very gothic. But don't be scared! The sheen supreme formula means the color is very rich, creamy and has a wonderful sheen but this can also be sheered out easily so it isn't so powerful.

One issue I often have with dark lip colors such as these is that as they fade from the lips they get a patchy appearance and little dark flakey bits stuck on my lips. This does not do that at all. It is a more moisturizing color so the lasting power isn't AMAZING but it does provide a nice even stain that fades in a very nice way.

If you are looking for a good, dark lip color for fall an are willing to drop the 15 USD or Good to be Bad, go for it! Because this lippy is pretty darn great!

Lovely gothic dark purple red colour on me, but lasting power is meh. leaves a nice stain as it fades though, so I don't really mind :)

The texture and balminess of this range can't be beat, esp if like me your lips tend to peel.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Typically I wear neutral lip colors (pinky-browns), but I wanted to try something bolder than the color Impressive which I already own in this formula. I originally wanted Ultra Darling but it was out of stock in the Mac store that day so I settled for this. I have to say Good to Be Bad shows as a magenta/red on my lips rather than plum/purple (I'm NC-27 for reference). It is a very bright color & really pops when paired with neutral eyes. For less "pop", I'll blot with a tissue after application. However, because of the intense color, I notice it will settle into my lip lines & emphasize them especially as it fades, so it requires more frequent touch-ups. I don't get very long wear out of this formula but I prefer it over the other Mac lipsticks because the others dry my lips. This also tends to leave a pink rim on my skin (when I don't pair it with a lip pencil).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really love the color of this lipstick. It goes on smoothly and the pigmentation is really good. It lasts for hours without fading (especially since it goes on a very deep plum color) and without having to reapply it every now and then. It doesn't dry my lips and isn't sticky. I've been wearing this the whole week--even at work with gorgeous crisp wing liner and I have been getting compliments after compliments with how gorgeous the color suits my medium skintone. Definitely recommend this.

Popular Lipsticks