NYX Fly With Me

NYX Fly With Me

2.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Paraffin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, PVP, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba/ Cire de Carnauba, Polybutene, Lanolin, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Nylon-66, Sorbitan Stearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, PEG-40 Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Disodium EDTA, Silica. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 10/16/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Another big miss from NYX. The packaging and brush are nice, the formula is awful. This mascara adds neither length nor volume. It is very thin and liquidy and takes a very long time to dry: it transferred to my lids and undereye even 10 minutes after applying. I would only recommend this to someone who already has long full lashes and just wants to tint them, but even then, there are better products out there. It did not flake, but smudged after an hour or so. Easy to wash off with soap and water, thank god.

on 11/7/2016 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Finding a good and at the same time cruelty-free mascara is a real challenge where I live, so I give all cruelty-free brands I can find a try.

When I first used this mascara I thought I'd found THE mascara. It gave my lashes great curl and lift and just enough length as well as some volume. Moreover, it looked natural and stayed on my lashes all day. Couple of weeks later, though, it dried all the magic out of itself. So my search for a satisfactory mascara continues:/

on 9/17/2014 1:25:00 PM

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash crimper. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/Oilproof? - No / Yes. Smudgeproof with dry hands; smudges with wet hands. No panda eyes unless I rub my eyes with wet fingers.

Adds volume? - Some but not much

Adds length? - Some

Adds definition? - Yes

Holds curl? - Yes

Removal? - Comes off with water in tiny pieces; can smear slightly when rubbing face and eyes with water. Would probably come off with soap and water. Comes off easily with eye makeup remover.

Packaging - Black tube with black wand. Brush head is flexible so it gives a little . Brush head has silicone or soft plastic bristles, and the head is shaped like a cotton swab - fatter and bulbous at the tip and tapering down to the stem. I don't normally go for gimmicky shapes in mascara wands, but this seems to work well for me; the longer bristles at the tip seem to help separate and define the lashes. After years of good and bad mascaras, and comparing my experiences with others', I firmly believe that the brush head must be a personal preference and not all brush heads work for everyone - whether it be differences in technique or eyelashes or desired final look.

Other comments - Soft, natural-feeling finish. The formula is smooth, not sticky (maybe i got a fresher tube than other reviewers?), not clumpy. Feels extremely lightweight on my lashes. Not a tubing mascara but performs very well without flaking and is smudgeproof when dry. NYX claims this makes "lashes appear more dramatic, making average lashes look super-long and ultra dark" - but I think this is quite exaggerated. The final result for me is a little volume/length/defintion for a my-lashes-but-better, mostly natural look - which is fine for my needs (YMMV).

Overall - Pretty damn good for something that's not a tubing mascara. The formula does what I want: hold a curl, resist oily lids and watery eyes, provide my-lashes-but-better result. My new favorite drugstore mascara ($8.99). continued >>

on 11/4/2014 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received this for free and was pleasantly surprised. After trying about 20 mascaras in the last year ranging from high end to DS, this would be in my top 2. I was expecting yet another dud. It absolutely does not flake or smudge. It lasts all day. The only time I see it on my face is when I'm cleaning it off after a long day.

It does not lengthen or add volume. It's a great mascara if you are looking for a natural look or are genetically blessed & do not need length or volume.

I love the shape of the brush, too. I would definitely consider buying this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I know there is a lot of hate for this mascara, so suffice it to say I was dubious when it arrived as part of an NYX package that included the Love in Paris palette (which I adore, by the way) and a mosaic blush. I've only tried it once, but here is my review so far, keeping in mind that I am a harsh critic of mascaras. I love my lashes inky black, thick, and long. I don't do natural lash looks! I am currently using Benefit's They're Real, but am also a huge fan of L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, Full and Soft Waterproof, and Jordana Best Lash Extreme.

1. I quite like the brush. It allows me to place more product on the ends of lashes, toward the outer corners since it is bulbous on the end. It's also quite soft - the applicator is not hard like many others.

2. This is most definitely a mascara that you have to build for any effect. Thus, it requires patience. I applied 5 coats. I let each coat set for just a few seconds before the next.

3. This is also very much a lengthening mascara. It does add a bit of volume, but it's designed to be lengthening. It has fibers that build to lengthen, but like of other of the fiber mascaras you have to be careful when building to make sure the fibers stay in point.

4. It's not as black as carbon black or they're real, but still black.

5. It curls my lashes better than any other mascara I have tried, and retains the curl as well. it also dries soft, not crunchy like many others.

Overall, this is a decent mascara for a reasonable price. I probably would not buy again, but in all honesty I don't think it deserves as much hate as it's received. It has not flaked or smudged all day, and I've been wearing it for over 9 hours. If you would like a lengthening, fiber based mascara that also adds a bit of thickness and curls your lashes, and you're willing to spend 5-10 minutes applying it, then try this out.

on 8/7/2014 2:45:00 PM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Mascara!! It doesn't smudge, flake, clump, etc. I love the wand, and that It has a little bit of flex to it. I know some reviews state they hate this because it didn't make your lashes longer, or thicker, etc. BUT.... I LOVE IT FOR THAT REASON!! US GIRLS WITH LONG OR THICK LASHES NEED LOVE TOO!! I faithfully used neutrogena lash tint until it was discontinued. Finally, I have found a replacement!! :))

on 4/10/2013 11:41:00 PM

Like the last reviewer, I too have tried *many* mascaras and this has got to be the worst one I've ever bought. After buying another brand that claimed it didn't flake (but that's exactly what it did do), I tried Fly With Me since it was inexpensive compared to my HG mascara, Aveda's Mosscara (which, where I live, is at least three times the price of Fly With Me; I paid $10.99 for FWM).

This product is simply awful. While I have naturally long lashes anyway, not only did this mascara not do anything it promised but it was sticky like nothing else I've ever come across. Most mascara's offer some definition if they don't thicken, but with FWM my lashes looked like a bunch of little spiders' legs. My lashes instantly stuck together and couldn't even be combed apart with an eyebrow comb. The end of the product brush is flimsy as well as having a weird little bulb shape that's pretty much useless. I wanted to toss it in the trash can as soon as I'd applied it once, it's that bad.

on 3/1/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I agree with the other reviewers. I've tried a good amount of mascaras. This one was sticky and uncomfortable. It did not volumize or lengthen my lashes. It just darkened the hair a little. It is not buildable either, so I couldn't even get a second coat on because it was so sticky.
I bought this at a Nordstrom Rack for $9 and it is really not even worth $1. Worst mascara I've ever used.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this mascara for free as part of a free-with-purchase NYX bundle, as that's a good thing because this mascara is one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. This gave me some length but no more than many other drugstore mascaras do. It gave me absolutely no volume and, in fact, made my lashes look LESS voluminous then they seem with no product on them.
This also clumped horribly, and i wasn't a fan of how flexible the brush was, it made it difficult to get between my lashes. For me the worst part of this was the fibers in it. They don't really add anything to the length in my opinion and they just hang oddly on my lashes. I also found that within 30 minutes this was flaking and the fibers ended up on my cheeks or in my eyes (which is PAINFUL trust me!) not to mention how awful washing this off was. Wiping pokey fibers out from where they're sticking in your tear duct is not a nice experience. I honestly have never had these kinds of issues with a mascara before (my lashes aren't sparse, my eyes aren't watery, and they aren't sensitive). This is the worst mascara i have ever used.

on 9/3/2013 11:29:00 PM

The worst mascara I have ever bought. Its so sticky it literally feels like i'm applying black glue to my eyelashes. It does nothing but make my eyelashes stick and clump together. The brush is also terrible, It has a bulb on the end that makes it difficult to use and the rubber brush itself is so flexible you can actually bend it in half. Skip this one.