67%

$66.00 on SkinCeuticals
Shop Now

Reviews

8 years ago

I love this sunscreen. It doesn't take much to cover my whole face, and it doesn't cause my skin to become oily the way most sunscreens do. It has a light feel and works perfectly under both mineral makeup and liquid foundations. It's kind of pricey and seems like a small bottle, but it spreads on easily with just a few drops. I started using it a few weeks ago and I can already see a difference in hyperpigmentation fading. It's an awesome product that I'll continue using. I would highly .this for any skin type

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrown

1.0

8 years ago

*EDIT* change to 1 star They have lost my business forever Don't recommend I've been buying this sunscreen for years (in person, at my dermatoligist office). Finally I decided to buy online from their official website. Whenever I've bought in person, the expiry date has always been good (about a year in the future). When I bought from their official website the expiry date was 2months from date of purchase. Emailed to see if I can exchange and never heard back. So I let it go. A few weeks later get one of those standard emails asking to review their product on their website. I write the same review I wrote above complaining about the expiry date and advising to buy in person so people can see the expiry date. LESS THAN 24 HOURS later, I get an email saying my review can't be published because it turns business away. Very disappointed in this company's policy, unresponiveness to my initial email asking to exchange for a better expiry date, and not allowing a legitimate review to be published on their site. So don't trust reviews on their official website AND IF YOU MIST BUY, BUT IN PEESON NOT ON THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE SO U CAN SEE THE EXPIRY DATE -------------------------- Best sunscreen that I have tried for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. My dermatologist recommended it to me a couple of weeks ago and I can't imagine using any other sunscreen. In the past I have used Khiels sunscreen, Cetaphil, Shisedio, and some drug-store brands, but nothing compares to this one. It goes on smooth and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It sinks into the skin very fast and I can barely tell it's there. No harsh smells. My skin has had no reaction to this. And it protects skin very well from the sun's rays. ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND YOU TRY! EDIT: over a year after writing that initial review, I am still using this sunscreen and still in love with it.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

Absolutely love it. I've used it for four days now, so I will update if I end up breaking out, but so far so good (and I often react very quickly to products). It has a light tint that is fairly undetectable on my skin (NC20), but it makes me look very glowy and polished. (I powder over it with Silk Naturals Blur powder, which I love). It's like my skin on the days when I wear makeup (just sheer foundation) except BETTER, because the SC PF doesn't settle into lines or create foundationy streaks on my nose where my glasses rest, and is not as shiny as fdtn. It also feels basically like nothing on compared to most makeup and sunscreens. I used to wear La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Fluid and it always caked around my nose where glasses rest and would be shiny, streaky white in places on my face, it never dried completely throughout the day and would settle into my lines. still i bore with it for the sake of the protection. According to Skinceuticals, this has a PPD of 21, which is very high. It's also physical which means that it doesn't need to be reapplied like chemical sunscreen unless it is being wiped off (which does happen a little throughout the day, but I still feel more protected than when I wore chemical sunscreen for 10+ hours). Anyways, I love it. It feels good on, looks GREAT on (polished as if I have light fdtn or tinted moisturizer on, glowy, but without caking, ever), is supposed to be very protective (and muaers have reported no pigment darkening or spots while wearing this in the sun). It's holy grail status. It does supposedly sting if your skin is sensitive (like if you're on a retinoid). I'm not currently using any actives and my skin has a very slight tingling sensation after applying, but no discomfort. The main drawback is the price. It is very pricey--but it's completely worth it. I haven't found a sunscreen I like this much since Sofina.. and with a PPD of 21? I'm in, basically forever, unless my skin revolts or the protection ends up being shitty. I pile it on to make sure I have enough protection and it looks great. [ETA: I did repurchase, but after a few months I realized all was not right with my skin. I was having overall very rough textured skin and many breakouts around my jaw and chin. It took me a long time to realize what was the matter, as I incorporated a few new items around the same time, and the breakouts came a few weeks after starting SCPF. After 3 months of loyal use and trying to blame every other product I've used, I finally quit SCPF and my skin is healing. Too bad, as this was HG material for me in terms of the tinted finish and all-day lasting power. ] EDITED AGAIN: Later found out mineral oil cleansing was 100% the culprit for me. This may have been fine but I use other products now so I can't say whether it disagreed or not with my skin.. editing this back to 5 stars as it was once a great product for me.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

8 years ago

Hate it, hate it, hate it. I think this product is terrible- and I usually LOVE skinceuticals but they've let me down with this one :( Firstly, the packaging is cheap and nasty. This really isn't a huge biggie but combined with the fact that its so expensive and the product sucks, it contributes to my general feeling of disappointment. Secondly, the colour of the tint is TERRIBLE - it comes out a dirty greyish colour. Now, I know that sometimes once applied, colours can transform but this doesnt- it just makes my NW25 skin look ashy, grey and ill looking. Thirdly, my combination skin didnt like this at all- it made my dry cheeks and under eyes even drier and made my face feel tight and uncomfortable and emphasised every single laughter line that I have (and I dont even have that many at all!). Fourthly, if this sunscreen was HG, I could overlook the slight nano-particle (z-cote) concern that I have but since its not, the fact it contains z-cote bothers me. For all these reasons I dont recommend this sunscreen at all and I am actually very surprised by the positive reviews.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

Love this sunscreen! The formula is very thin and liquidy, so a little goes a long way. It sinks in immediately with no sticky residue, and makeup goes on easily over top. The tint is a non issue for me-as soon as I rub it in it disappears completely. I have fair/med skin tone. For providing great sun protection with no issues this has been the best I've found so far!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2.0

8 years ago

To echo many others...AAAAHHHHHHH THE BURN. And the watering eyes and running nose! Something in here is an irritant. And the tint....it was too pale and pink/purple for my NC30 skin. I looked weird. The finish however was lovely, matte but not too dry. I did like the applicator bottle and the consistency. Just not the too pale and pink tint or the burning sensation.

About reviewer (345 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

8 years ago

Edit 9/11: After using this several times lately I have realized that it makes my sensitive skin break out and it makes me feel greasy. Lowering my original rating. Original review: This is a great product in some ways, but did not work for me because it's too dark for my superpale (NC15) skin. It made my skin look dirty and several shades darker than my neck and shoulders - no thanks! Other than that, it has a nice feel, doesn't cause breakouts, no greasy shine, no white cast, and very effective sun protection. In other words, a great product for NC/NW20-25+. It offers very minimal coverage, and slightly evens out my ruddy skin blotchiness. For now, I'm sticking with my new fave, Vichy Dry Touch Face Emulsion, which is perfection in every way.

About reviewer (504 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

8 years ago

Wow, this is the product I have been waiting for! You need to try it! I love the "dry touch" liquid shaker style sunscreens (ie Neutrogena, Anthelios, Ulta) because they go on light and dry instead of feeling heavy, wet and cold. and they tend to have high SPF (usually 50-70). But until now, all have been "chemical' sunscreens OR if they have the physical sunscreens I prefer (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide), they end up WAY too white at this high of an spf if you put on enough product to be effective. This added tint is perfect for my skin tone and doesn't leave a white or ashy cast at all. It is not too heavy of coverage (quite sheer) and the color is not too pink or orange-y like some I have tried (for example, I like the tinted liquid Athelios with Meroxyl but the tint can be too dark for me even though that is also pretty sheer). I'd say the tint is perfect for me (neutral light sheer tint)...but I have light skin so not sure if you have very dark skin. It also seems to leave a finish that is very nice, not too shiny and not too matte. To be honest, I actually wouldn't mind if this was a slightly more moisturizing/dewy finish but I like products that give a slight 'radiance/glow." No parabens added is wonderful as well!!!! For reference, I am 38 and have been wearing daily facial sunscreen since I've been 28 (so I have tried a ton of sunscreens). I am light skinned, have some freckles/sunspots even though I avoid the sun, and still have mild to moderate acne. I would say I have combination to slightly oily skin naturally, although I use Proactiv/acne products and retin-A, so that can make my skin a little drier in places sometimes (mostly around mouth/chin). If there are any negatives to this product, it would probably be that the sunscreen can make any flaky or drier spots stand out a bit (the product builds and catches there). So, not sure if a drier skin type would need to moisturize before using this. The second negative would be the high price......although spending on sunscreen along the way IS better than spending on skin cancer and aging procedures down the line! I ended up buying the "limited edition" 4.2 oz size for around $50 online (retail is $64) but I hope they continue to sell this size permanently. Lastly, I am not yet sure that this will not aggravate my acne because it doesn't say noncomedogenic or anything along those lines and while it hasn't made my acne worse, I still get some clogged pores as usual.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I love this stuff! I wear sunscreen on a daily basis so it's important for me to find a sunscreen that is not only very protective but that is cosmetically elegant and that won't irritate my skin or eyes. I gave up on high ppd euro sunscreens. They looked greasy and left a white cast on my pale skin. also, they would sting my eyes. No such problems with this sunscreen. The tint becomes invisible on my ivory skin and it makes a great base for foundation (actually I use less foundation with this stuff because it kind of blurs my imperfections). It does not dry out my skin, but I do use a moisturizer underneath (which is ok to do according to the company). It actually feels nice when I apply it to my face, neck and chest. Love, love, love it!!!! UPDATE: I'm not loving this stuff as much as I used to. I find it too drying now and I realized that the tint is slightly too dark and too yellow for me.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I am in love with this product. My skin tends to be a bit oily, especially in the summer and humidity of New England. I absolutely hate sunscreens because they either make me break out or they feel slimy on the skin. This stuff is fabulous for me; it's a lightweight, elegant formula that works wonderfully on my skin without the nasty "sunscreen" side effects. It has a light and pleasant scent that doesn't linger; I'm not a fan of scented products on my face, but the upside is that it doesn't smell like sunscreen. This dissipates very quickly so I'm not bothered by it. I discovered something I didn't expect with this, too. It reduces the appearance of my pores and, if I buff on a bit of my mineral powder over it, they just disappear! I have a flawless complexion which stays put all day long. I can put away my foundation and tinted moisturizer for the summer and just use these two products for a smooth and protected complexion. The texture of this sunscreen is non-sticky, very light and fluid. You must shake it well before applying, and it has a slight tint to it to keep the telltale sunscreen "chalk-face" at bay. Once you blend the product in, the tint is invisible. I don't consider the price of the product a factor here; it beats the daylights out of biopsies and skin cancer. for the quality and staying power of this product, I'll bite the bullet. I will continue to purchase this as long as SkinCeuticals continues to make it.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral