67%

$66.00 on SkinCeuticals
Shop Now

Reviews

4 years ago

HG status! Ive been using this for years and absolutely love it. The price is steep, but well worth it. This is the only physical sunscreen I've tried that doesn't leave a horrible white cast. It's very light, moisturizing yet not greasy, dries to a lovely velvety matte finish without feeling overly drying, doesn't emphasize dry patches, and wears well under makeup (doubling as a primer). My only complaint is the price, but the superb quality definitely makes it worth it.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I have tried several high end and drug store sunscreens. This, by far, is the best for my dry and aging skin. The slight tint allows me to finish off with a little powder if needed. No foundation necessary. It is not drying or irritating to the skin.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

Wished it worked for me but it didn't, unfortunately. Had high hopes as it's a non-chemical sunscreen. However, it irritated my skin.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

A great product for women with mature, sensitive skin as there is no need to add foundation! My husband is a 3 times week golfer and super sensitive due to seborrheic dermatitis and i the slight tint reduces the redness and is non irritating. We live in South Florida and are exposed to a lot of sun and have tried many brands. This is the best and very liquid to put in the palms of your hands to apply. We have used this for almost 2 years. Yes, buy again and again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

from

4 years ago

Update Sep 2016: I'm sad to report that I'm going to rotate this out. Like, really sad. Bc this stuff is good, and so far I hate the feeling and look of the other physical spfs that i have tried. I'm doing an experiment in my quest to clear my closed comedones on my chin and forehead (which are far worse on my chin... nearly invisible on forehead, but def still there and barely budging...but on my chin, they are the source of 70% of my skin woes in terms of how they look and feel. Ugh.). I realized recently that despite my best efforts with many many many treatments, the CCs on my chin have not gotten any better over the past 2 yrs. They are actually multiplying. They feel way worse than they look. But the feel is bad - big hard lumps on the lower portion of my chin and the sides below the corners of my lips (not the tiny bumps most people have in the crease). It's kind of like a weird U shaped pattern of lumpy CCs. And since this has been one of the few constants in my routine, I can't rule it out. Silicone is #3 on the list of ingredients and while supposedly silicone itself can't clog a pore, from what I've learned, it certainly can trap bad stuff inside (in my case, that's my ridiculously plentiful and sticky sebum). So I'm trying to eliminate silicones to see if it helps. So far, the evidence points to silicones being a problem. Over the past week, I used only non silicone products. I did not experience any innocuous pimples in that time. The pimples I'm referring to are not the inflamed type. I'm talking about tiny whiteheads with pus that emerge only when something you've put something on your skin that traps something in a pore. If you are as experienced with acne as me, you know what I'm talking about. Well, after a week of none of those types of pimples, I went back and tried this sunscreen bc, quite frankly, it still kicks butt when it comes to sun protection and cosmetic elegance. I had tried Mychelle solar defense zinc spf and am sad to report I got kind of tan while wearing it, and definitely hated that it felt like a thick mask. So I threw this trusty stuff back on. Lo and behold, when I came home from work, I had a bunch of tiny pimples. Despite wearing an antibacterial topical underneath it. Say it isn't so!!! ???? I'm going to quit again for a while and try it again later. I stand by my original review in terms of how great this is for protection and light coverage. If you are not as insanely acne prone as me, it might just work for you. Good luck in your quest for an SPF that fits the bill for you. I'm failing right now. PLEASE message me with any recs you have for physical spf that wears well on sensitive oily highly clog prone skin. Alternatively, if you've found a chemical spf that is kind to mild rosacea and clog prone skin, I'd like to know, as well! Bonus points if it doubles as light tinted coverage... Original review: Whaaaat? Did I seriously forget to write a review of this stuff? I give this stuff 800 lippies. This is my holy grail of holy grails. Not only is it an effective sunblock, but it provides enough coverage for me to use it as a "foundation". I use quotation marks because I can't claim this provides enough coverage to hide all your flaws, but it does provide enough of an evening-out-effect for me to wear this and only this. Now that my oily-yet-dehydrated/acne-prone with tons of sun spots and hyperpigmentation skin is aging, I realize that 99.9% of the foundations in this world make my skin look older than it has to (I have yet to find the .01% that provides coverage while not highlighting fine lines and clogging pores). So I just stopped wearing foundation because I prefer a less flawless and more natural look over a fully made up look that just makes my crappy, aging skin more obvious. This does not break me out, it provides a tiny bit of moisture and it keeps the sun out. I've worn it in some pretty intense sun situations and I have never burned. I even wear it hiking. I honestly don't leave the house without it on. It's great because I can look very low key while protecting and evening out my skin. I'm on my 6th bottle of it, which is really saying something for me!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Forever on the hunt for a good facial sunscreen, I ordered this from Amazon -- I thought having a built-in tint would be nice for quick application and an easy, natural look in the summer. The price is steep, and the bottle is a lot smaller than it appears. You also need to shake it vigorously prior to application, and it is still very runny when it comes out. It looks grayish out of the bottle, but IMO settles into a rather universal shade: it was fine on my NW15 skin. I blend it with my fingers quickly, because it does set pretty fast, and it dries to a velvet-matte finish. Depending on how much is applied, I rate the coverage as light to medium, which is good enough for me. I finish this with light powder to combat any excess shine in my T-zone and then continue with my makeup. To remove it (and my other makeup), I used Pond's towelettes, but a good cream cleanser/balm/oil/micellar water should work well too. Traveling with this product is easy because the lid screws on tight. I used this pretty happily for about four months until my skin just stopped liking it -- immediately after application, I would feel flushed and my skin would burn a little. I'm not exactly sure what the ingredient my skin is having problems with, because my skin plays nicely with other physical sunscreens (such as PC Hydralight), but the sting/burn has put me off this product. I personally would not repurchase because of the skin reactions, but I still think this is a good product.

About reviewer (354 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Fabulous sunscreen. No white cast, not greasy, easy application and dries down to a lovely matte glow! As the name entails, it is a purely physical sunscreen with 6% Titanium Dioxide and 5% Zinc. I don't rely on physical sunscreens solely for my protection but this just a personal choice. I layer this over my mexoryl or tinosorb sunscreen for extra protection as a physical over a chemical spf has been shown to provide powerful UVA protection. I like that it is no hassle and dries (without drying your skin out) within 5 -10 minutes of application. This reminds me of a tinted version (which as the previous reviewer has noted, looks universal in tone) of Replenix Sheer physical sunscreen. This is a great physical spf and something I would definitely buy again and recommend.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

from

4 years ago

After realizing how chemical sunscreens irritated the crap out of my skin (burning, redness), I went down the internet rabbit hole in search of a mineral/physical sunscreen. I've tried nearly everything on the market, and found them to be either too drying, too greasy, or too chalky (i.e. left whitecast on skin). Skinceuticals Physical Fusion is the perfect middle ground between them all. It's thin, easy to spread, with a slight tint. Rain or shine, at the beach or at work, this sunscreen is an essential step in my daily routine. Pros: - Non-irritating for my oily, acne-prone and now mildly rosacean skin (does not cause breakouts, for me at least) - Active ingredients are Titanium Dioxide 6%, Zinc Oxide 5% (zinc is an anti-inflammatory, which supposedly makes it good at calming acne and rosacea related redness) - Lightly tinted to match most skin types (LRP was too dark for me, for example) - Sweat-proof (not water-proof, although the label says its water-resistant for 40 minutes) - Cosmetically elegant and layers nicely on top of moisturizer - Doesn't dry skin out - No distinct smell - Provides broad-spectrum sun protection from both burning and aging sun rays Cons: - As with most sunscreens, the size of the bottle is disproportionate to its cost (from $9-15 per fl oz. I buy the 4.2 fl oz size for $41 on Amazon. But Skinceuticals products are worth the price in my opinion. Note: - The tint isn't meant to replace your regular makeup application, if that's what you're looking for. After I apply this, I still need concealer, BB cream and translucent setting powder.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

4 years ago

I have sensitive to intolerant skin, that is oily and I need to wear spf 50 in order not to burn upon stepping outside in the summer. This product is really expensive so I probably won't buy this again, because it was just so so. It didn't give me a reaction unless I wear it every day in which case I get a pimple or two. But I find it feels heavy on my face, and makes me really not want to reapply mid day :S face feels like a grease slick! Nasty and I know I have oily skin so maybe there isn't any face sunscreen that won't cause me to get oily but I might keep looking around.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I bought this product last year and have used it quite some time. I actually quite like this sunscreen because it is a mineral (physical )sunscreen and the ingredients in it are suitable for sensitive skin. I am NC30 ish and this sunscreen has a tint to it. I can see why other reviewers may have an issue with the color of the sunscreen but I find that it blends well and I apply makeup on top of it anyway. The tint sunscreen gives a bit of color, although not much to make it obvious. It matches my skin tone but I blend it into my skin anyway. The consistency is a bit thinner and on the runnier side but I don't mind it, it makes it more spreadable. The package is like the picture shows - grey bottle with blue printing and the spout opening is a small hole. However, I wouldn't recommend pushing too hard when squirting it out as it is a bit runny and can over squirt (that's what she said!). But given that most people don't use enough sunscreen anyway, I'd say apply it on your face anyway. :D There is no scent to the product and doesn't really have an oxidation on my face at least that I noticed anyway. I think the SPF 50 is great for everyday wear. I don't believe I've tanned with this sunscreen even though I am out everyday. My face is lighter than my body. I did not break out using this sunscreen and this sunscreen is matte! I forgot to mention that earlier. There is no shiny sheen like white sunscreens and doesn't leave a cast, at least on me. Whether it lasts the whole day or not really depends on what you do. I don't re-apply it as I wear makeup on top but if you go swimming or sweat, then I'd recommend re-applying it. Overall, I'd recommend this product and would repurchase once I'm out.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure