Clairol Kaleidocolors Tonal Powder Lightener

No Image

3.2

As mentioned by another reviewer, they changed the formula. I used the purple tinted lighter on my daughter and it turned her hair pink too. I've used it for years and never had this problem. Her hair was NOT over processed! I give her balayage highlights at the end of winter every year. Well this year she got pink/rose gold highlights!!!!! I will be at Sally's first thing tomorrow to get my money back!

on 1/9/2017 1:01:00 PM

They changed the formula. Be aware that the neutral can turn your hair pink. I called customer support for Clairol and was told that the parts of the hair that became pink was because it was over processed . The worse parts were around the hairline. I have used this product for 20 years to do my foil highlights and the product mixed in the bowl as a neutral beige. Now it mixes up pink. This was always my go to lightener because it lifted slowly and gave me time to place the foils without over processing. Now I will never use this product again because I can't trust it. Both myself and my client were horrified with the results. I have done her hair for years and never had an experience like this with her before. Clairol is refunding my money for the product but they can't refund the trust that my client has lost with me.

This is probably my favorite bleach i use the blue one.I have neon pink hair and usually do my regrownth once every 2 months. I usually use Loreal Quick Blue but I was having trouble with my roots looking orangey. (I know the package says not to use this on the scalp but I haven't had any problems with it.) This bleach is surprisingly gentle, I've used maybe 7 different brands and this is the only one that doesn't bother my eyes or nose, it literally smells like candy! No awful scent or stinging. Also my scalp doesnt feel irritated or itchy with this as it does with the quick blue. My hair is dark brown and this does lift slower and slightly less but after half an hour my hair is a pale blonde and no brassiness.

I am 45 and have been coloring my an hair since the age of 16. I have used everything available at the beauty supply to lighten my hair. Recently my daughter decided to go from natural light blonde to almost white. I attempted several product to achieve her desired color. 2 different 12 high lifts, super blue, and used 20 30 and 40 volume developer. With
Kaleidecolor and clairol shimmering lights shampoo we finally achieved the desired color.

Here is the 911, you must follow instructions, use the developer level they suggest, apply heat evenly for the time designated, follow the specified time, pay attention to your starting level, where you want to go and be aware that the blue lifts 5 levels while violet lifts 4.

HEAT is the only way to process with this product....not hair dryer HEAT....bonnet HEAT!!! I picked up a vintage lady shick 60's dryer in eBay for $18, it applies even HEAT.

Get to a yellow....not gold...and wash with purple shampoo every wash!!! You can make your own purple shampoo by adding liquid temporary purple color stain to a WHITE or clear shampoo of your choice as well.

This product is the most gentle compared to all bleaches and lifting products and when used per instructions causes the least damage.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used 40 developer, and I left it on for 50 minutes. It did NOTHING. No lift. Very disappointed.

I use this to go platinum. For the first bleach, I mix the violet and blue in equal parts, then I use 2:1 with 30 volume for 35 minutes with heat. Don't forget to use even heat to process. That takes my almost black hair to a brassy level 7. For the second bleaching (about a week later), I bring it down to 20 volume and I throw in plenty of Ardell red/gold plus corrector and some Olaplex 3. Also using plenty of Colorful Neutral Protein Filler during the process. That gets me to a nice even 10 and ready for toner.

on 4/7/2015 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm not sure if this is a terrible product or is just me.
i bleached my hair with 30 developer and left it for 35 mins... my hair turned out terrible, because I'm a brunette, i was expecting brassiness when bleaching, but this thing just turned out weird orange looking with gold tones... not "normal" orange or yellow brassiness but a very weird looking tone... i think if youre planning to bleach your brunette hair is way better to go for a normal blue bleach

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this many times and love it. It works well on my hair and my sisters. Use a 30 to 40 Developer depending on which of us is using it. Usually have to bleach it twice. But it has brought black hair down to an almost platinum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was an absolute nightmare!! When purchasing this at Sally's Beauty supply I was very excited to try it. I have brown hair. Not to light and not too dark. After I had been taking care my hair for awhile trying to get it long and healthy again. I decided I had to have pastel. In doing this I did realize that this was going to damage my hair and I would have to bleach more than once to get it light enough. I asked my mother to help me with it. She went to beauty school and knows a few things about bleaching. So, I ran out after being told this product was great by a friend and that is didn't smell like other bleaches and worked very well. When bringing it home with the recommended developer on the package, my mother and I sat down and read the instructions over a couple times just to make sure that we were going to do this right. We mixed it with the directed amounts and still it seemed very watery and was really difficult to apply to the hair. (We used a creme developer), We applied the product and waited, I put my hair under a heat dryer and waited about 30 minutes before checking on it and as it was getting hotter the product was running down my face and I was having to have a towel over my eyes to keep from bleach getting into them. After checking on it on the 30 minute mark it had done practically nothing for my hair but make my roots a dark orange color. So we wait another 15 and my head was starting to blister up from the bleach and so I washed it out and my hair looked like an ombre gone wrong. My rooted were orange and the rest of my hair was hardly lighter at all. I will going back to Sally's to buy a new bleach to try to fix the mess that Kaleidocolors has caused

on 1/21/2014 2:30:00 AM

This product dried out my hair after following the directions and leaving it on for only 10 minutes turned my hair orange/yellowish besides that it is very unhealthy for you to even get this product on your skin. It turned my hands an almost burned white color on my skin and fingers. After reading the MSDS provided on Proctor & Gambles website - this product is certainly hazardous to your hair, scalp and health. Do not breathe in the powder vapors at all.
It will cause you to have gastrointestinal problems as it did to me. I had to drink a full glass of milk to help my stomach - made me sick to my stomach and not to mention the burning sensation it caused my scalp. NOT TO MENTION a lot of hair loss about 50 strands came out of my hair.
I do not recommend this product or will not ever use it again...
I am looking to an alternative to all the bad and unsafe chemicals that are used in all hair color products. Should anyone know of more healthy and natural products please share it with the rest of us..

Popular Hair Color Products