Clairol Kaleidocolors Tonal Powder Lightener

No Image

3.0

I also only joined to discuss how the new Kaleidacolors has RUINED my salon schedule. It is no longer heat activated. All my low lights are heat activated, so it has blown up about half of my formulations. If you lift to lightest blonde or white, the toner is so heavy, the hair turns blue or purple. I have used this product for 20 years on my fine hair clients, because I could do a full head and not worry about the underneath processing until heat hit it. The one person I tried it on, lifted so quick with 20 v, I had to stop and take them all down. making me late for ALL my clients. I started a Facebook page. If you to have been screwed but hem changing the formula with no indication(my supply store had no idea) Please tell your story on the page. Kaleidecolors new formula complaints. I am trying to prevent other stylist from going through this nightmare.

I am so mad I created an account on this website just to write this review. I have been using Kaleidocolors for over a decade and NEVER had an issue with it turning my hair pink or purple.* Even on overprocessed hair. * So imagine my surprise when I go to do my roots and the NEW formula turns my hair purple! I am beyond angry. This is so unacceptable.
I sent Clairol an email, albeit a *nicer* email than this review, detailing my concerns. We shall see what they have to say, but judging by other reviewers they will likely chalk it up to "overprocessed hair" and not admit their new formula is shit.
Clairol has lost a customer.

I have used this product before and it worked perfectly. I used the purple one. Half the time, I wouldn't need to put a toner or anything. My hair naturally has a lot of red in it so I thankfully bought toner ahead of time because this stuff turned my hair orange and yellow. Almost fluorescent! In some spots my hair is actually darker now than it was before using this product. The majority of my high was already lightened due to me having very heavy highlights. This time I decided to switch it up and just do all my hair. The only sections that was not already blonde was a couple of inches of roots and underneath pretty much. Also this stuff fried my hair! It has never done this before! Hopefully when I do the toner tomorrow my hair will look right!

As mentioned by another reviewer, they changed the formula. I used the purple tinted lighter on my daughter and it turned her hair pink too. I've used it for years and never had this problem. Her hair was NOT over processed! I give her balayage highlights at the end of winter every year. Well this year she got pink/rose gold highlights!!!!! I will be at Sally's first thing tomorrow to get my money back!

on 1/9/2017 1:01:00 PM

They changed the formula. Be aware that the neutral can turn your hair pink. I called customer support for Clairol and was told that the parts of the hair that became pink was because it was over processed . The worse parts were around the hairline. I have used this product for 20 years to do my foil highlights and the product mixed in the bowl as a neutral beige. Now it mixes up pink. This was always my go to lightener because it lifted slowly and gave me time to place the foils without over processing. Now I will never use this product again because I can't trust it. Both myself and my client were horrified with the results. I have done her hair for years and never had an experience like this with her before. Clairol is refunding my money for the product but they can't refund the trust that my client has lost with me.

This is probably my favorite bleach i use the blue one.I have neon pink hair and usually do my regrownth once every 2 months. I usually use Loreal Quick Blue but I was having trouble with my roots looking orangey. (I know the package says not to use this on the scalp but I haven't had any problems with it.) This bleach is surprisingly gentle, I've used maybe 7 different brands and this is the only one that doesn't bother my eyes or nose, it literally smells like candy! No awful scent or stinging. Also my scalp doesnt feel irritated or itchy with this as it does with the quick blue. My hair is dark brown and this does lift slower and slightly less but after half an hour my hair is a pale blonde and no brassiness.

I am 45 and have been coloring my an hair since the age of 16. I have used everything available at the beauty supply to lighten my hair. Recently my daughter decided to go from natural light blonde to almost white. I attempted several product to achieve her desired color. 2 different 12 high lifts, super blue, and used 20 30 and 40 volume developer. With
Kaleidecolor and clairol shimmering lights shampoo we finally achieved the desired color.

Here is the 911, you must follow instructions, use the developer level they suggest, apply heat evenly for the time designated, follow the specified time, pay attention to your starting level, where you want to go and be aware that the blue lifts 5 levels while violet lifts 4.

HEAT is the only way to process with this product....not hair dryer HEAT....bonnet HEAT!!! I picked up a vintage lady shick 60's dryer in eBay for $18, it applies even HEAT.

Get to a yellow....not gold...and wash with purple shampoo every wash!!! You can make your own purple shampoo by adding liquid temporary purple color stain to a WHITE or clear shampoo of your choice as well.

This product is the most gentle compared to all bleaches and lifting products and when used per instructions causes the least damage.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used 40 developer, and I left it on for 50 minutes. It did NOTHING. No lift. Very disappointed.

I use this to go platinum. For the first bleach, I mix the violet and blue in equal parts, then I use 2:1 with 30 volume for 35 minutes with heat. Don't forget to use even heat to process. That takes my almost black hair to a brassy level 7. For the second bleaching (about a week later), I bring it down to 20 volume and I throw in plenty of Ardell red/gold plus corrector and some Olaplex 3. Also using plenty of Colorful Neutral Protein Filler during the process. That gets me to a nice even 10 and ready for toner.

on 4/7/2015 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm not sure if this is a terrible product or is just me.
i bleached my hair with 30 developer and left it for 35 mins... my hair turned out terrible, because I'm a brunette, i was expecting brassiness when bleaching, but this thing just turned out weird orange looking with gold tones... not "normal" orange or yellow brassiness but a very weird looking tone... i think if youre planning to bleach your brunette hair is way better to go for a normal blue bleach

Video Reviews & Tutorials