KOJI - Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner

KOJI - Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner

4.2

This doesn't last all day for me (but in the 25+ years I've been wearing makeup, I've yet to find and eyeliner that lasts all day) but it's not bad on top of a primer. The main draw of this eyeliner is its extremely thin tip, I've never come across a thinner one. I typically use Lancome's Artliner but would probably repurchase this in the future to have options. I did NOT use this for tightlining so I can't comment on its efficacy in that use, but I suspect it wouldn't last well on me that way either.

on 10/15/2016 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this eyeliner. It goes on very black and the thin brush is allows you to create smooth lines and thin winged liner sections. The brush is firm but flexible so I find it super easy to draw a clean wing on my liner. The formula is very long lasting and waterproof. Have bought this again in black and am trying out the brown now.

on 9/30/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought 2 of these when I was in Hong Kong and I was excited because Dolly Wink seems to be really popular when it comes to eye stuff (their mascaras and false lashes are super popular).

The applicator is a brush like the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and the Clio Kill Black. Really easy to get a sharp, fine-tipped wing if you're into that. However, there are several reasons why I rated it so low. First, it's not that black, more like a grey or dark grey. It's even worse at the end of the day when it mostly fades away. Second, when I try to go over a line again, the brush actually lifts some of the product off! So weird, the other brush liners I use don't do that. Lastly, it dries out fast. I still use my Kat Von D liner months later but the Dolly Wink seems to have mostly dried in a few weeks. I thought I had a dud but the second one I had behaved the exact same way.

I gave it two stars rather than one because of the applicator, but to be honest, there are many many liners out there with a brush applicator so it's not unique to Dolly Wink in any way. I'm going to stick with Kat Von D and Clio.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing eyeliner! The brush is so easy to work with, it's very easy to draw a perfect, sharp wing with it. It's also super black, which is rare for an eyeliner with this kind of brush. It lasts all day, and is 100% waterproof! I wouldn't repurchase though since it's not cruelty free. The packaging is adorable too!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This eyeliner is so highly raved about I think one needs to be careful to not give it a biased opinion from the start.

Pros:
Really easy to get precise lines, the applicator is one of the best I've used
Doesn't smudge even in sweat and humid weather
Pretty waterproof

Cons:
Dries out very quickly, very hard to get product out after a while
Really black initially, but then it kind of gets grey and not that pigmented
Expensive compared to some other options I have

I'm disappointed by this product, but it lasts once I get it on, so I'll just finish it up before I change it up to Clio's eyeliners.

on 3/29/2016 6:58:00 AM

I literally despise this eyeliner. I know plenty of people love this and I'm thrilled that it works for so many but it just doesn't work on my eyes. I bought this from Hong Kong at pretty decent price and the packaging is super cute with a precise pen brush tip but I find that it is totally not waterproof or smudgeproof at all. I have oily tapered double eyelids (which borderlines a monolid) and the eyeliner transfers like crazy into my crease and the wing always smudges after a couple hours. Not to mention, it breaks down fairly quickly and would not last all day long. The pigmentation is just okay as well- I've tried darker liquid eyeliners. I would not repurchase and quite frankly, have no idea what to do with the rest of the product. Though I must say a pro is that it lasts a long time without drying out. I bought this many years ago and every now and then when I decide to swatch it on my hand or test it out again, the product comes out really easily.

on 2/6/2016 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Bought it in black. Was a good enough liner. However it tends to dry out very fast and the colour would fade throughout the day.

PROS
- Will not run when you put it on
- The packaging is insanely cute
- Dries quickly
- Dispenses just the right amount of product.

CONS
- Colour payoff is not so great. I can line my eyes 4/5 times and it will still be a super light black kind of colour instead of a intense black. This is the only major complain that I have as I like my eyeliners as black as sin.
- Dried out on me in 1 month. Impossible to get anything out of it. Thus it is not worth the price
- A little smudging where my eye creases at the end of the day

It's a great liner for someone who prefers a not very intense colour, or something just starting out as it is easy to use and mistakes can be wiped off with water. But otherwise, nah, give it a miss.

on 1/29/2016 6:52:00 PM

Cute packaging, and wonderful pen brush! Makes putting on sleek and thin lines so easy. It stays all day and washed off easily with warm water. My HG liquid eyeliner.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

First review!
Okay so I wanted to get into doing makeup a lot more, and I'd never had a liquid eyeliner until now. I asked a coworker what she uses and after she told me Stila's Stay All Day, I went out the next day and got it.
Ugh. Mistake.
I wanted to love it so badly but the tip dried out after the first use. I thought "huh that's weird" and got it exchanged, only for it to happen again. THEN my coworker tells me they changed the formula and it sucks now. So great.
On the upside, on the Stila eyeliner's review page, someone mentioned THIS eyeliner.
And omg
HG for me. It's super dark black, and does not come off easy. I use a heavy cream cleanser at night that usually takes off everything (LUSH's Ultrabland) and that STRUGGLES to remove it. Which is great!!
I also found it on eBay for $10 a pop plus free shipping, so if you don't need it right away, I strongly suggest checking there. I got two.
Long story short, try it out. It's so much cheaper than the Stila and works worlds better. Tip doesn't dry out, liner stays forever, cheap, and makes precise lines.
Literally what more could I ask for??

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I have this in brown and also black color. Bought it for about S $23.90 which in my opinion a bit too expensive for a drugstore item.

For the black colored liner, it was relatively black but with a slight translucency to it. It doesn't really transfer but it smudge at the end of the day.

For the brown colored liner, it's also not opaque but for this, because it's brown the smudging is less obvious hence I prefer this.

I'll definitely purchase this again simply because it's easy to use.