Garnier Almond Creme

1.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/15/2014 12:22:00 AM

I normally buy Nice & Easy 102. I bought this product because of the colour on the front of the box, a nice blond colour, similar to my own colour. Even the side of the box showed what colour according to my hair colour. What a disappoint/shock I got when it turned out to be a dark brown. The package is false advertising and should be removed. Now it is going to cost money to have it fixed up. I will never buy another one of these products.

on 7/9/2011 10:55:00 AM

I'm really mad at this product. The cover shows a beautiful dark blonde, however that's not what you'll get out of this. I had almost blonde hair to begin with so I thought it'd be easy to take it to a deeper dark blonde. Instead, it dyed my hair an ugly shade of brown. I'm going to have to get this fixed for sure by a professional. It sucks because I've never had an issue with box dyes before.

on 6/16/2011 4:44:00 PM

Review for Dark Natural Blonde (Almond Creme):

I have fine medium brown hair that I have been coloring since age 18 due to premature greys:(
My usual dye was a 50% mixture of light and medium brown which on me, turned into a warm reddish medium brown (my hair pulls red like crazy). I have been using ION color brilliance but have found that mixed with 20% developer, it wasn't enough to color my greys. Eventually, my hair turned darker brown (I accidentally added too much medium brown and ended up with a soft black). I'm a PPP and the Morticia Adamms look does not suit me so, I went to the salon for highlights. I hated the highlights...as usual, they never are as good as I envision them to be:(
So, I decided I needed to go back to my natural color. I needed something that was dark enough to color the brassy yellow highlights but not turn my remaining brown hair orange!! After reading about garnier and that the shades tend to be darked, I opted for a dark blonde because I wanted a light/med. brown.

I applied for 30 mins and rinsed. My hair felt so soft after...never has this happened after coloring!! The color turned out as good as can be expected due to my damaged overprocessed hair.

My hair went from med. reddish brown with streaks of brassy yellow/green to warm brown with lighter caramel highlights. Wow, I actually don't hate it!!! I feel like next time I will get the Dark Golden Blonde (honeydip) to counter the green leftover cast, but all in all, Im pretty pleased.

For anyone with virgin hair, I'd be weary of the name because it will surely turn out darker than the box. To me blonde is blonde and this is not even close to a blonde, but thats not what I wanted so... I guess its good for me!!!

Popular Hair Color Products