no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

8 years ago

so let's begin with some good points: 1) the ingredients are INCREDIBLE. i have eyes of an eagle when it comes to bad ingredients haha, and this lotion has no red flags 2) $1 of the purchase is donated to a breast cancer non-profit :) 3) it's fair trade and cruelty free! now on to the packaging: i bought this lotion at my local health food store (but i think you can find it at whole foods) on sale for $18.99 (orig. 23.99). the packaging is adorable - a 1 oz, glass, pump bottle that came in a cute box (couldnt resist hehe) - but the packaging became a problem - the pump shoots out the lotion everywhere, so i had white stuff all over my bedroom (people might get the wrong idea haha). as i ran out of lotion, it was hard for me to get the product out because the pump wouldnt - well - PUMP! so i had to shake it out, but it was difficult especially with the glass bottle :/ the moisturizer itself: dont get me wrong, this was an OK moisturizer. the product wasnt heavy and it didnt break me out (im acne-prone btw). HOWEVER... this product didn't live up to their claims. this DID NOT control my oil - i still got very oily 2 hours after application. this DID NOT improve my texture and tone - i have still have my same ol' dull and blotchy skin. and despite the lack of oil-control, my skin didnt feel hydrated/rejuvenated. and this DID NOT diminish my fine lines around my mouth and forehead hate to say it but this is too much money for a mediocre product :/

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

8 years ago

Awesome. I use the eraser balm at night, but dab a little bit of the balm on my face before I apply this moisturizer. It's lightweight and really helps control the oil. It's very dry where i live and right now with 90+ degree days and being out in the sun a lot with my kids, I do notice that I get a little shiny (I use LM mineral foundation), but I don't fault the moisturizer. It's just HOT and no makeup can stand up to that kind of heat. Back to the moisturizer though, again, it's lightweight, but moisturizing. It sinks into skin very easily. Does not cause breakouts. I switched from Alba's Brazilian Oil control moisturizer to Acure's and I am way more impressed with this stuff!

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Just picked this up at whole foods. But I really like it! I alternate between using a retin-a and a glycolyic acid at night so sometimes my skin-which is combo can get dry but still have congested pores. This moisturizes nicely. I use either this or neostrata smoothing day cream, but only after I apply my dr.haushka normalizing oil, I follow with a eucrin face sunblock. when my face gets really dry due to the midwest winters or traveling through dry and dusty mexico I go to boots face balm.

About reviewer (223 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Other

8 years ago

I have combination/oily acne prone skin. This product not only controls the amount of oil produced by my skin, but it completely hydrates it! I have not experienced a single breakout due to this cream, and my skin overall is in better condition after using this product. I highly recommend this product also for people who have sensitive skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

from

9 years ago

Was in a Whole Foods Store last week and there was a lady there with samples of products from the ACURE line. They have an Argan Oil product which is what first drew me to her to begin with. After speaking with her for a few minutes I saw the Oil Control Day Cream and asked to sample it. I liked the texture immediately and it has that 'vegan clean' smell about it that I find refreshing. I bought it and immediately used it that evening before my primer & foundation to go out for the evening. Can I say it 'controls' oil? Well, no not completely, but I'm finding I'm blotting less and after 6 days of use no negative effects! So far so good and I look forward to using more of their products! I don't have a Whole Foods where I live but they are building one down the street from my house so come November I will definitely be trying more from this line! For reference I use MAC Prep & Prime and Pro Longwear Foundation on top of this moisturizer.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age44-55